Undercover is an Embarrassment

Ok i just have to say this because UC is the worst racing game ive played in a LONG TIME!

NFS:UC is the most unfinished, glitchy, and cheap racer ive EVER played. A fair/fun game does not involve any of the follow...

Constant gltiched roads (ex. the road in front of you is not there)

Racing opponents that are build like tanks causing you to fly off the road by their slightest touch

Racing opponents that are able to take turns without slowing down

Racing opponents that are able to use the well know "catch-up" glitch

Cops that are able to spawn out of thin air mere meters from you

Cops that are able to spot you from a road block from over 3 blocks away

Cops that are able to destroy the "cop killer" buildings for you, thus destroying your strategy

A pointless cop wanted level meter (the 1-5 flames) when everyone of the levels feels the same

Cop game modes that give you 2 cops in the start when you need to destroy them, but the minute you get the needed amount they send in 15 as well as a chopper

A Crappy story that goes nooooooo where

Glitched Domination events so on an event that you cream the opponents you dont dominate, but on the ones you lose you some how dominate by 30 seconds

Highway battles that require mooooore then skill..... more like plain simple luck

i know there are more, but im to angry to think of them now. Not to mention i havent even tried online yet... If it werent for trophies i would have returned this "game" on my first day of renting it. I pity all who bought it, thus giving more money to the EA money cow.

All i have to say is that UNDERCOVER IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE NAME OF NEED FOR SPEED, AND EA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF WHAT THIS GAME IS.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I agree UC suck, but I'm not sure we agree on the reasons.

My main issues with this game is the story. I kinda expectet it after Most Wanted, but the story is so secondary and corny as hell, that the "cool" characters and their attitudes makes me want to laugh.

Also the set-up is crappy. Even with such a huge open area, all you ever had to do was open map and then choose a race. The only way to really use the wholeness of the tri-city area was in cop events, and once you get used to the chase, it's laughable easy.

Another big problem for me is online mode. What the hell is wrong with a lobby? Instead of giving a player the choice of the many different tracks, it's just random races that makes you play the same five or six tracks over and over and over again.

The last NFS game I really enjoyed was Hot Pursuit 2. I'm pretty sure I won't be playing any new NFS games if they keep up this standard.

The next NFS game will be NFS: SHIFT. It's a sorta "gran-turismo style" game. It actually looks pretty good...alot better than Undercover.

Hahaaaa, thats the thing though. Thats what NFS is good at! Luring you in because of the fancy graphics. Its like a shiny apple with worms in the center....

Dont get your hopes up

Cheers, Brrnout

Need for Speed: Shift is being developed by another studio - so hopefully it will be better, which it looks like it will be so far.

The studio who made Undercover (EA BlackBox) is working on an unannounced NFS game, which will be in the style of Undercover.

So overall, I think Shift will add a burst of fresh air into this (Dying?) franchise.

Well Pro Street absolutly sucked in my mind the worst one made as it took out what NFS is known for the fact its street racing and made it more "Gran Turismo" style with closed courses and no free roam like the others. So before you clal this the worst NFS game made play Pro Street. Only good thing about Pro Street thing was you could do a wheelie in drag races. I hope they go back to the full customization and free roam of NFS Underground 2 that was the best game in the series and last NFS game i enjoyed.

I can't believe I decided to buy this instead of burnout paradise when I stood there in the store. Serves me right judging a game by it's distributer. If you're ever in the same situation as me, buy burnout. It is everything NFS ever wanted to be, but failed at miserably.

• 2 weeks later...

2. Every time I ujpgrade to a better car and get better parts for said car and go back to dominute a race, the opponents now go even faster and I lose worse than when I had the slower car.

That's one of the major design problems with this game. Early in the game I played a sprint event (forgot its name) and came in 2nd. But I was below the dominating time for 5 seconds. My second attempt was similar: Dominating time, but second place. So I just tried again - same car, same settings - and came in first! Yeah! But WTF? 10 secs above dominating time?? Man, this game is shit! But I bought it (yeah go ahead...laugh at me...) and now I want my platinum. Didn't know I had a tendency towards masochism - until I played this game. :o

I'm changing my opinion on this game. This is so fucking stupid. A car going 157 max beat cars in a certain race by 10-15 seconds, but missed the domination time. A car going 190-something can never get within 2 seconds behind first place in the same race. It makes no sense. I don't know how I'll ever get platinum at this rate. It's going to take months at best.

I read that the game didn't have much of a problem with the AI difficulty before the patch, so I deleted the game data and I'm trying without it since the trophies are retroactive. Unfortunately, though, I didn't back up my save game so when I started the game again, it decided to automatically overwrite my save and now I have to start from scratch (I was at 59%).

Oh well, as long as the problem is no longer present I'll deal with starting the game again.

• 2 months later...
I read that the game didn't have much of a problem with the AI difficulty before the patch.

Whoa! So Black Box/EA released a patch that increased the AI difficulty?! What?! I hate this game! Specifically, I hate everything that Brrnout described at the beginning of this thread, and everything pretend_hero added after that. I must have played North River Expressway over 30 times without dominating it. Why? Oh, maybe it was all the oncoming traffic that just randomly generated itself RIGHT IN FRONT of my car as I came around turns at 180-220 MPH! So freaking stupid.

On an upnote, I finally beat North River, so I will earn the platinum. Just need Notorious (119 online games).

Oh get this. On the NFS website, there is a 51st trophy that is not on the PSN: Dominate the I-85 East race. I took the Bugatti with Ultimate upgrades on that race, and crashed one time. Guess what? I missed the dominating time by less than a second. Black Box/EA made this game so repititious and so neck-breaking hard that I have no plans to buy or rent another NFS game ever again. What a waste of time!

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/po/e/poetic_justice_/card.png