Live Free or Drive Hard...

x9zachattack5x

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got it within 1/2 hour after watching the first video I posted here and this one.. http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/need-for-speed-the-run/139743-live-free-drive-fast.html

I used the Porsche 918, and on the bends I used nitro against the walls instead of the legit way(trust me it's easier like that) .. Good luck

I'm having the same problem with this track, I found out about this video and ill give it a shot later on

Just used this video to get a time of 2.17 flat. Beat my friends/boosters time too! Used 918 RSR that you get from 10 mp objectives in supercar playlist.

Tips that worked for me that aren't said/elaborated in video:

- For the 1st opponent, in the initial u-turns, I had to nos against the wall. Using the apex just wasn't working for me. I believe this slows you down somewhat but time can be made up elsewhere, barely.

Also the first turn braking point wasn't working for me, but finally got a good turn for once out of it.

- For the 2nd opponent, pass him asap, then take the left road and stay on that path. Memorize this section as apexes are crucial here, although I did whack the wall on the right turn in this area. Don't leave the pavement, this slows you down too much! I found if I don't pass him during the right circle turn when you first see em, he will ram the car off the road and ruin a good time trial. If you have not passed the opponent before the bridge, reset. Getting a good time is crucial in this area.

- For the 3rd opponent, memorize the course. I still have problems seeing where the right turn begins without hitting something. Once again apexes are your friend, plus memorize the course tips from the video. And don't leave the pavement too much!

If you have to reset hold the right stick all the way to the right and keep accelerator held down while the reset screen is there. Once gameplay resumes you'll already be turning through the curved bridge without crashing, This should keep your speed up.

If you get to the underpass at less than 1.55 time AND in 1st place (my winning run was at 1.53 iirc) (This is before going under the pass, taking a right turn and passing through toll booth area) you are golden on your time, otherwise keep the reset button handy.

You want to hear the platinum time warning buzzer when you are on oncoming lanes on main highway. Hear it before, such as the exit turn ramp = reset. I did several runs hearing the buzzer before while on the exit ramp and got silver medal times. Once was even .17 seconds off of gold medal (Was so mad).

TL;DR

- Keep on pavement, keep speed up.

- Use apexes except for initial u turns. (apex explained in video)

- Don't whack walls if possible, this slows you down.

- Memorize the course layout and tips, such as using brakes or just no acceleration, for specific sections from video.

Hope that helps a bit! As before this video my time was 2.28. Bad...