Online question - Self Boost?

• 2 months later...

You can level up faster by using a offline method, see this thread.

As far as online you can complete the race you are in by yourself if everyone quits while in that race (its happened to me a couple times), but the game will kick you after the end awards if no one new joins. It's easier to get a playgroup and boost, have the other person join in the ramming...

Or if you have a 2nd PS3 and have a 2nd copy of the game (easy for me, bought digital version during last Flash sale for $5) then self-boost!

Online is still going strong, even if its mostly stuck-up randoms who wont let you win / progress in solo objectives. Usually everyone I see is level 40 and they ram you off the road.

• 3 years later...
You can level up faster by using a offline method, see this thread.

As far as online you can complete the race you are in by yourself if everyone quits while in that race (its happened to me a couple times), but the game will kick you after the end awards if no one new joins. It's easier to get a playgroup and boost, have the other person join in the ramming...

Or if you have a 2nd PS3 and have a 2nd copy of the game (easy for me, bought digital version during last Flash sale for $5) then self-boost!

Online is still going strong, even if its mostly stuck-up randoms who wont let you win / progress in solo objectives. Usually everyone I see is level 40 and they ram you off the road.

Can you self boost the bonus shell trophy or are more people required?