Favorite car unlock (that helped you)?

djb5f

Anyone have a favorite car unlock that helped you either online or in the Challenge Series?

I have most car unlocks now, just wondering if there is one I should target or be on the lookout for, one that can give you an advantage that regular players online probably don't have or one that is great for a specific race in Challenge Series.

The cars I still need mostly are the Gold medal challenge series and several of the Autologs ones.

so far for me, I kind of like the BMW Z4 GT3 (Team Need for Speed), it is fast for its class and handles well and made a few of the challenges a breeze. I forget what I did for that one, maybe play the demo for NFS: Hot Pursuit.

I was having major difficulty with Live Free Drive Hard using the Mclaren (I think!). Many of my speedwall friends had golded it using that car. Best I could do after a 3-hour session was 1.33 seconds outside the required time.

I grinded up to level 30 to unlock the Lamborghini Siesto Elemento, and made the time by more than a second, after about 5 tries.

That car, for me, was the platinum-earner.

Definitely Tier 4 and tier 5 Golf GTI's. Dont remember exactly how they unlocked, other was from lvl 22 maybe but these make many challenges in their tier a breeze and are extremely strong online. Nothing is faster on technical tracks once you earn how to use handbrake gently. Straightline speed is top notch too, there are faster cars but usually Golf can get you first on highway tracks as well.

Thanks to you both!

Yeah, I will try the Sesto Elemento, I haven't actually played the EastCoast series, trying to clean up some of the others before I start that one.

Interesting on the Golf GTI but yeah I believe you as recently I did either the Tier 4 or 5 one online and just owned it, and one of the races was a technical uphill climb that I led comfortably from start to finish.

I will have to take a look and see if I still need Gold for any challenges where that is an option.

I am wondering about the Italian DLC. I haven't picked it up, but maybe there is a car(s) in there that is worthwhile in some of the later harder challenges.

I dont think any of the cars in Italian pack are best of their class. Not bad either, they just are mediocre. Lancia Delta handles nicely but its in the same tiers with Golf GTI and isnt THAT good.

Tier 6 Maserati (not MC12, the NFS edition stradale) and Alfa romeo 8C are good online for some races if you are looking for very steady handling. Sesto elemento is bit better though.

Regular Diablo slows down too much in corners, tier 5 Diablo is slow and tier 6 Diablo has very difficult handling. Great car if you can get a hang of it, just unsuitable for the tracks in tier 6 challenges.

• 2 months later...