Double XP and new Weekly Playlists

diskdocx

Just a heads up that there is currently double XP for online play. Not sure if this is a temporary event or a permanent change. It applies to anything you do in race, as well as the post race awards, finishing position bonus, and any objectives achieved in either group or solo playlists.

Good time speed along the grind to level 30, if you're not yet there.

There is also a new weekly playlist available, with 10 new solo objectives to complete. Not sure if this will reappear at a later date, or if it's a one shot deal.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official info here:

Six New Multiplayer Playlists for Your Gaming Pleasure

Might be a good idea to get them right away, as at least ingame it says they are limited. The 1200 bhp Shelby has the best acceleration between 200-350 km/h of any car and handling isnt "extreme" as it says and it might actually be the best tier 6 car for straight trcks

Official info here:

Might be a good idea to get them right away, as at least ingame it says they are limited. The 1200 bhp Shelby has the best acceleration between 200-350 km/h of any car and handling isnt "extreme" as it says and it might actually be the best tier 6 car for straight trcks

I was close to unlocking that but the other 2 players in the session dropped out and my session ended. I was #1 going into last race, ugh.

Generally, lots of good players in this playlist, I can't seem to finish 1st for a session and I want to unlock that mustang! :mad:

I'm going to need them to increase the level limit again, after this increase as i got to level 40 before it started and have been earning XP like crazy (3x the 5,000 extra XP bonus = 30,000 just this morning) so want to get the benifit of it :-)

Official info here:

I got this car that new playlist this weekend was kinda easy

Interesting, I didn't realize it was offline too. Thought it was just an online weekend bonus thing. Would be interesting if it is permanent.

Double XP is now over. Guess it was weekend only.

Perhaps back again this weekend with the next new weekly playlist.

The weekly playlists seem like they are actually weekly so far. This weeks unlockable (tier 5 challenger SRT8) just isnt as cool as last weeks 1200 bhp Mustang, but you dont need to win anything this time. If you couldnt get last weeks car, this is still worth trying. Took like 4 or 5 sessions to get so not too long task either.

The weekly playlists seem like they are actually weekly so far. This weeks unlockable (tier 5 challenger SRT8) just isnt as cool as last weeks 1200 bhp Mustang, but you dont need to win anything this time. If you couldnt get last weeks car, this is still worth trying. Took like 4 or 5 sessions to get so not too long task either.

Good to see the double XP is back, too bad it wasn't there when I was grinding to level 30.

I do hope they re-offer these weekly playlists. I am away in the tropics for the week which is great, except for the lack of PS3 :( the list will be gone before I get back.

Try restarting your PS3, I had 2X XP yesterday morn. then in evening went to play and no double XP. I turned system off then restarted and it was on again. Give it a try, hopefully same for you.

Thx for the tip!

Now I have 'Double XP', but still no 'Weekly playlist'.

Maybe another restart :p

Shoot, I missed the double XP weekend. I played online to unlock the SRT8 but had trouble getting the last solo objective (don' let anyone pass you for the whole race). How did you get that one - by winning the race and leading the whole time? To me, that is much tougher than the last playlist, which the toughest one was just winning a session.

I have several races last night but couldn't keep the lead the entire time, lead changes, sometimes very early on. So I tried to "game" the objective by joining a session late (in progress) and having no one pass me. It didn't work, first I thought maybe because I got a DNF, another time it didn't work it had glitched and put me in the middle of the race when beginning (race was in progress) and even though I finished and no one passed me, that didn't unlock it either.

Then I attempted another "late bloomer" race and ran the whole race from the start and finished and no one passed me, and still no unlock! :mad:

Finally, after finishing 1st in a race, my starting position was 8th and I never had anyone pass me and I finished and still didn't get it.

What a crock. I guess you have to finish 1st AND never be passed b/c the other stuff doesn't work!!

Unlocking the 1200hp Mustang (winning a session) was much easier IMO. Winning a race and having no one pass you at any point of the race is a grind.

How did you get that one - by winning the race and leading the whole time?

I have several races last night but couldn't keep the lead the entire time, lead changes, sometimes very early on. So I tried to "game" the objective by joining a session late (in progress) and having no one pass me. It didn't work, first I thought maybe because I got a DNF, another time it didn't work it had glitched and put me in the middle of the race when beginning (race was in progress) and even though I finished and no one passed me, that didn't unlock it either.

Then I attempted another "late bloomer" race and ran the whole race from the start and finished and no one passed me, and still no unlock! :mad:

Finally, after finishing 1st in a race, my starting position was 8th and I never had anyone pass me and I finished and still didn't get it.

What a crock. I guess you have to finish 1st AND never be passed b/c the other stuff doesn't work!!

Unlocking the 1200hp Mustang (winning a session) was much easier IMO. Winning a race and having no one pass you at any point of the race is a grind.

I found this the hard way on Saturday. Like, you went for the 'late bloomer' and the start in 8th methods and no joy. I eventually got it after end up in a 2 driver race and winning without being passed. It looks like the description for the objective is not clear, as other playlist versions do say you have to finish first without being passed.

I found this the hard way on Saturday. Like, you went for the 'late bloomer' and the start in 8th methods and no joy. I eventually got it after end up in a 2 driver race and winning without being passed. It looks like the description for the objective is not clear, as other playlist versions do say you have to finish first without being passed.

Hey, thanks for the confirmation. I got too many of those 8th place finishes trying for this car unlock that it is messing up my Average Place of Finish! ;)

I will try again at some point and hope I get a smaller group and/or less elite players. I can win races but to not be passed is much more difficult.

How did you get that one - by winning the race and leading the whole time? To me, that is much tougher than the last playlist, which the toughest one was just winning a session.

Sorry, thought you could just keep 8th through whole race. Personally started 8th, overtook everybody and kept 1st throughout the race. If i remember right it was some highway track, just build up boost, start overtaking & avoid collisions. You should keep 8th till you have at least half of the boost bar full.

Another way to get this could be some technical track with hairpin for first corner, have managed to get all places few times when rest of the players decide to use the wall riding method and can be overtaken with nimble car & proper racing line.

Quiet hours and small lobby could work as well, thats the way i did the "Finish 3rd or better w/o collisions" goal in exotic playlist.

Sometimes a new session of people is all it takes. I went on again today and got the car unlock in my 2nd session (1st full session). It was actually a thing of beauty. I let my nitrous fill up and did not pass the 2 cars ahead of me until an opportune time.

The first wrecked and the second I drafted/slipstreamed shortly before the finish. :D I did not want to chance passing them too early and getting repassed.

No double xp this weekend it seems. This weeks playlist is classical car battles and has a goal of not getting passed yet again. Worse though is that this time there is "5 jumps" goal and so far there has been one playlist ive managed to get jumps in, "sweet jumps". Golf GTI is by far the fastest car in every tier this list has and its not particulary good at getting air time...

No double xp this weekend it seems. This weeks playlist is classical car battles and has a goal of not getting passed yet again. Worse though is that this time there is "5 jumps" goal and so far there has been one playlist ive managed to get jumps in, "sweet jumps". Golf GTI is by far the fastest car in every tier this list has and its not particulary good at getting air time...

really :o I'm gonna have to try the Golf GTI for Win at Winning trophy this is the hardest for me

Yeah, I though I had the "You Can't Touch This" objective last night but I took a shortcut that wasn't really a shortcut and got passed, whoops!

Last night was primarily all level 35-40 people as it seems to be when they first put out these playlists. What I did last week was play midweek and pick it up, less elite competition. And what was weird is that i did this either on a Tues or Wed afternoon and there was Double XP then! I didn't make much use of it b/c I got the objective pretty quickly.

Agree about the jumps and the Golf GTI not really jumping well, better to pick a different car for that session.

Shoutout to DeividHasselhoff follow his advice I won Win at Winning in only 5 minutes with just 3 retries Thank so much for posting you are a big help