I need help with the Challenge Time Hunter

Cgamer48

i cant manage to get less then 2:15.00 so does anyone have any tips ??

I have tried that one 15-20 times, best I got was 2:13.10. Gold is 2:13 so I just missed it by 1/10th of a second, argh. I know I can get it, I just don't know if I have the persistence/patience to do it as it is agonizing being so close and then wrecking or making a slight mistake.

My recommendation is to just think of it segment by segment (5 total) and reset anytime your segment is not great. Sadly, any time you reset or wreck, the load times are atrocious.

Its all about keeping up speed: higher your speed, more boost you receive. Unfortunately, the traffic in this event is horrible. You should definitely reset if you hit any vehicle more than slightly as you cant let your car to slow down too much.

I know this sounds annoying, but keeping clean line and planning your route through traffic ahead avoiding any aggressive steering maneuvers is the way to go in this event. Easier said than done though.

The car is a monster and lighter steering helps to keep it under control too.

Just ran this again to see if I had any tips.

Like said earlier, you will never hit your brakes in this segment.

I haven't noticed any patterns or shortcuts.

Get yourself up to 200 MPH at a minimum as quick as you can. Preferably about 210 or better.

Don't be too afraid of the gravel sides or side swiping another vehicle. Just make sure you have boost to counter-act the effects.

I've passed this in 2:09.53.

Go ahead and add my PSN ID : WYSIWYG57 if you want someone's time on your speed wall to compare against as you try this.

Edited by mirski57

You probably already changed your camera type, but this helps immensely. I was thinking "in-car cam" was enough and I got close, but once I switched it to "bumper cam", I was able to get gold pretty easily. I nearly had a Platinum time.

Of course, some of this is now I am pretty decent at driving in heavy traffic which will help in online races. So maybe this frustrating challenge had some benefit afterall. And it could help for the GT Spec high-traffic challenge.

To get gold in some of these challenges are ridiculously tough though. I just need to get better at "The Edge" to pick up another trophy.

• 2 years later...
Just ran this again to see if I had any tips.

Like said earlier, you will never hit your brakes in this segment.

I haven't noticed any patterns or shortcuts.

Get yourself up to 200 MPH at a minimum as quick as you can. Preferably about 210 or better.

Don't be too afraid of the gravel sides or side swiping another vehicle. Just make sure you have boost to counter-act the effects.

I've passed this in 2:09.53.

Go ahead and add my PSN ID : WYSIWYG57 if you want someone's time on your speed wall to compare against as you try this.

This helped a lot, thanks!