last race on extreme

acemonkey87

I love when people say "it wasn't that hard". Maybe for you, or maybe you are just saying that because after 1,000 tries you finally got it so it became an "easy trophy" since YOU have it. I am also stuck on this part, it is extremely frustrating. I save up my nitrous until that exact part just like in the video & the damn train still catches me every time. Only ONCE was I THAT CLOSE to getting beyond that part but the train clipped me as I was exiting into the opening once it becomes a 2-way tunnel again. It doesn't matter if I barely hit the wall or if I am perfect through that part, the train always catches me. This part & the challenge series medal times completely ruin this game. Not to mention I haven't even started playing ONLINE which i've heard is also complete shit.

Yes, this was a frustrating part.

Here's my tips that got me through it....... eventually.

In the previous section while going over the bridge, this is where you should get get your boost meter to fill up to 100%. Just don't use anything, as you shouldn't need it since most of this is scripted ( whether you're winning or losing ) and it would be a waste to use it; especially since you're going to need it to maintain a high average speed in the train tunnels.

When the train sequence starts, you're automatically going about 160 MPH (if I remember correctly), just maintain that speed and try not to go below 150.

The very first left turn while entering the train tunnel didn't seem to bother my performance too much, as long as I was going at least 150 before I got into that first big right turn with the train behind you. So, after that first left turn, use your boost to get you up to 150 or 160. If you boost too high, you're going to end up wall-riding that right turn, and that's not going to work at this point in the game.

Once on the tracks, stay entered on the train track as best as you can and try to average around 150 MPH. That first right turn is the trickiest. If you stray from the center, or bump the wall, your speed falls drastically and you probably won't make it. Mastering that first right turn while the train is riding your @ss is the key.

One other thought, is the last sequence going through the shipping yard. Save up your boost going through here, as again, it's scripted so that when you exit the crate sequence (winning or losing) , the storyline automatically puts you and the rival together for the last sprint, and you will NEED that boost to capture the WIN. I didn't have to draft him, all I needed to do was use all my boost here.

One other thought, is the last sequence going through the shipping yard. Save up your boost going through here, as again, it's scripted so that when you exit the crate sequence (winning or losing) , the storyline automatically puts you and the rival together for the last sprint, and you will NEED that boost to capture the WIN. I didn't have to draft him, all I needed to do was use all my boost here.

I haven't played the final event in a long time and will probably try on Extreme soon. I do remember a lot seem scripted. If I drive too slow to make sure I avoid wrecks (say along all the crates), it is possible that the other car will get too far away?

Or are you saying that we can drive very slow and he won't ever get too far away. I just wonder if it will say something like "rival too far away" and reset. I will save my turbo but am wondering if I have to floor it at all. If I get through the train sequence, I don't want to worry about that part.

I messed around with the train part on easy since I'd have more resets to work with, and if you're having trouble with it you can push your car against the left train after the first car passes you and you won't take any damage from it and will avoid the larger than the train hit detection from the one that comes from behind.

I haven't played the final event in a long time and will probably try on Extreme soon. I do remember a lot seem scripted. If I drive too slow to make sure I avoid wrecks (say along all the crates), it is possible that the other car will get too far away?

Or are you saying that we can drive very slow and he won't ever get too far away. I just wonder if it will say something like "rival too far away" and reset. I will save my turbo but am wondering if I have to floor it at all. If I get through the train sequence, I don't want to worry about that part.

The rival can get away, happened to me a few times. Might be a good idea to practice on easy difficulty.

Edited by Crazy1 81

Perhaps they have glitched something with the latest update, but I think it only took me about 5 tries to get this, and most of those were screw ups weaving through the dockyard at the end. Only got killed by the train once.

The only tip I can give is to change the view you play with. I always use the above car cam, but you cannot pass this event in that view.

Change to bumper cam, and your car becomes much narrower, or at least it seemed to in my opinion.

This is most noticeable on the initial bridge where you race between the oncoming cars. With the out of car cam, you cannot slip between the cars without moving in a slalom. With the bumper cam, you can park on the dotted line and blast straight without touching any of the oncoming cars. I'm sure you become 'narrower' in this view.

How this helps is in the tunnels. With the bumper cam you can get through tight spaces easier, and don't seem to be slowed down nearly as much if you touch a wall.

Perhaps it was all my imagination, but I tried several times and my speed going around the corners in the tunnels was much, much faster in bumper cam. I even tried 'riding the rails' and there was virtually no slow down.

Edited by diskdocx

You can try to stop your car inbetween the tracks and just wait to train coming from behind to pass you. Park a little bit closer to the left track, not exactly inbetween tracks. And it have to be parked very straight and parallel to the tracks.

does this tip actally work as this section is so frustrating and the only trophy i need for the platinum.what car is best for this race aswel.any tips much apprecited

does this tip actally work as this section is so frustrating and the only trophy i need for the platinum.what car is best for this race aswel.any tips much apprecited

This parking between tracks trick worked for me well... didn´t tried yet after latest update, becouse it was so frustrating, you don´t want to do again, ever... can try to play it again on sunday.

btw, how do you guys make a videos of your gameplay, want to try post it here if i manage to do the trick again?

I love when people say "it wasn't that hard". Maybe for you, or maybe you are just saying that because after 1,000 tries you finally got it so it became an "easy trophy" since YOU have it. I am also stuck on this part, it is extremely frustrating. I save up my nitrous until that exact part just like in the video & the damn train still catches me every time. Only ONCE was I THAT CLOSE to getting beyond that part but the train clipped me as I was exiting into the opening once it becomes a 2-way tunnel again. It doesn't matter if I barely hit the wall or if I am perfect through that part, the train always catches me. This part & the challenge series medal times completely ruin this game. Not to mention I haven't even started playing ONLINE which i've heard is also complete shit.

I agree with everything you just wrote

I agree with everything you just wrote

I felt the same way for quite a while, and then i changed cars' and it did become a lot easier. Some car's just seem to ride the rails a lot quicker. I don't have the game in front of me to check what i ended up using though :-(

This is most noticeable on the initial bridge where you race between the oncoming cars. With the out of car cam, you cannot slip between the cars without moving in a slalom. With the bumper cam, you can park on the dotted line and blast straight without touching any of the oncoming cars. I'm sure you become 'narrower' in this view.

I see what you mean, but I did the bridge fine in out of car view, like you said. You just have to be rigidly nailed to the paintwork (at least the left edge of it I found). I found it easier to let Marcus through before the bridge to stop him knocking you into the traffic thanks to the stupid AI. as for the train, i can't remember what I used, but I think it was the McLaren F1. You have to keep the speed up, I knew if i was around 140 I had a fighting chance, dap of handy b on the first right hander to keep out of the wall, boost the whole way through, and stay left as much as you can and jump out the way early as poss after the 's'. p.s. I hope i'm not making it sound easy, it was an utter nightmare and i kept trying OVER AND OVER, and i only did it for the trophy.

Good Luck!

Edited by acrossuk81

• 4 weeks later...

I used the Porsche 918, Porsche is in my opinion the best car brand to drive in the game.

If you keep getting stuck in train part try saving the nitrous for that, you need to be driving at at least 220 km/h (the underground clearly as nitrous too) so you don't get hit by it

Thanks everyone for the great tips! I've managed to do it in just 3 times (and I haven't even played for a while) ... o.0 feel like I got a huge break here!

I drove the Huayra. The parts where you have to avoid the traffic I just made sure I wouldn't drive very fast because it doens't matter how fast you go, you only need to keep in range of your rival ... which is around 6.00 seconds ahead I think.

On the bridge I did not manage to slip right through the middle, crashed once and bumped almost every car but I juuust kept in range of my rival.

In the tunnel I parked my car between the tracks :) worked out great! (use full car view there)

fortunately I ace'd the container part in 1 go (how, I dont know, just happened)

bumperview realy helps.

and at last indeed, be sure to have full nitrous and the win is yours :)

Edited by Yokel

Change to bumper cam, and your car becomes much narrower, or at least it seemed to in my opinion.

How this helps is in the tunnels. With the bumper cam you can get through tight spaces easier, and don't seem to be slowed down nearly as much if you touch a wall.

I beat this on Extreme but was never able to do your Bridge trick of driving straight in between the cars. Both of my PS3 Sixaxis controllers have slight issues with the Left Analog not always recentering (and for one of my controllers, now the R2 button is acting up). This is beyond annoying. :( Often, I just want to drive straight but can only do it by manually correcting the Left Analog.

It doesn't always happen or I guess sometimes is slight, but it happens enough. What's funny is sometimes when in menus, things just start scrolling to the right :D

I will have to pony up and buy a new DualShock controller. I do pretty well at the game with a jacked-up Left Analog, I am wondering how much gain I should see with a properly functioning Left Analog! We'll see I guess, it may make some of the harder challenges more passable :applause:

Just did this with 1.03 patch, so it works. Remember that you can take it easy at the beginning, right to where the bad guy shoots at you. In the tunnel use boost before you exit the tight left corner(where the train is coming behind you). After the tunnel it doesn't matter if you're 1-3 seconds behind the opponent, so take it easy when dodging the containers at the dock, the final straight has again scripted scene so he will wait if you are slightly behind.

This is not so hard. Only took me 5 attempts to nail it on extreme.

Did it with the 1.03 patch and it worked.

Thanks everyone for the important tips. without them i would never be able to do it...

it took me 15 to 20 retries.

I did it with the golf GTi. it's easier for the bridge part because it's a small car.

in the tunnel the golf has good acceleration.

once again thanks to everyone and now i'm going for the challenges...