Win at winning trophy

Gallino

Hello !

Win at Winning

Play through The Run on Extreme Difficulty

To get this one, should I play the run from the start on easy, and then turn difficulty to hard during the last race, or can I use chapter selection to start directly at stage 10 on easy, and then change the difficulty during the last race ?

Thanks for your answeres.

Edited by Gallino

I believe you can use chapter selection to start directly at stage 10 on easy, and then change the difficulty during the last race. But don't quote me on it and not sure if the recent patch changed the fact that you can do this.

I did this fine over the weekend, game was fully patched. Word of warning though that train is a pain in the arse, so have full boost going into the tunnel, boost shortly after dodging the train then boost again just as you get around the corner. I couldn't for the life of me do it without boosting just after dodging the train.

Also after the bridge part once you have turned right you can go straight on through the turning barrier and carry on straight to the train, this way you can get better speed up on the straight to the train tracks and also don't have to watch the mini cut scene.

How to get the WIN AT WINNING achievement easily:

1. Play through The Run mode on any difficulty to unlock Extreme

2. Start new run on Extreme

3. Quit during the opening

4. Go to Stage Select and chose Stage 10

5. Check your Resets (should be 1 for Extreme)

6. Play through Stage 10 on Extreme to unlock the Win at Winning trophy

i need do it that way ?

How to get the WIN AT WINNING achievement easily:

2. Start new run on Extreme

3. Quit during the opening

4. Go to Stage Select and chose Stage 10

5. Check your Resets (should be 1 for Extreme)

6. Play through Stage 10 on Extreme to unlock the Win at Winning trophy

i need do it that way ?

You could do but it be much easier to just do this.

2. Once finished select The Run and goto Stage Select and chose Stage 10

3. Play through Stage 10 on Easy till the final race.

4. Once the final race has loaded, pause and change the difficulty to Extreme.

5. Play the the last race on Extreme to unlock the Win at Winning trophy.

No need to play the whole of stage 10 on extreme. :dance:

You could do but it be much easier to just do this.

2. Once finished select The Run and goto Stage Select and chose Stage 10

3. Play through Stage 10 on Easy till the final race.

4. Once the final race has loaded, pause and change the difficulty to Extreme.

5. Play the the last race on Extreme to unlock the Win at Winning trophy.

No need to play the whole of stage 10 on extreme. :dance:

Just want to confirm this is all you have to do for those still uncertain. Exactly what I did today with a fully up to date game, and trophy popped at the end of the final race.

I suggest watching the video in the Trophy Guide for a quicker refresher before diving in. Save a full thing of boost for the subway section and for after the final cut scene after weaving through the shipping containers and you'll be golden.

FINALLY did this! Bloody event took 60-70 tries over three nights. So frustrating. If the bridge doesn't get you, the train will. If not the train, then the crates. If not the crates, some random traffic!

Must be the most annoying trophy in the game. Thank God for the workaround; I couldn't imagine doing it legit.

Got this on Saturday, the bridge was actually quite easy as you just have to line the car up on the center line and you then don't need to weave.

The train is the real killer, as you must enter with enough speed and then not hit the walls. The number of times i got wreaked just at the end of the first tunnel was getting to me.

The new patch did not correct this luckily....and now i'm done that horrible level! Imagine doing the whole game on extreme....talk about frustrating....

I haven't tried this on extreme yet but that is what I am worried about, the frustration. I know I find some of the Challenge series beyond frustrating! I doubt I have a chance to Platinum (have not even tried Live Free or Die Hard yet). Not sure I want to add to my anxiety level :D

• 2 weeks later...
FINALLY did this! Bloody event took 60-70 tries over three nights. So frustrating. If the bridge doesn't get you, the train will. If not the train, then the crates. If not the crates, some random traffic!

Must be the most annoying trophy in the game. Thank God for the workaround; I couldn't imagine doing it legit.

You're so right I'm trying find out long is the containers part cause I can't pass it

I got past the train but forgot about the shipping containers section. That is the hardest part of game for me, I can't see them. This is gonna take some practice to even complete just the last race on extreme.

The containers is just a case of memorising the route, and getting into the flow, so practice it on the 'easy' setting before doing the extreme runs, so you know the flow with the car your using.

Thanks, I probably should practice on easy. I just keep trying on extreme & I've only played thru that section once on my first Run, when I was just trying to survive. This is my second Run & keep failing on extreme, maybe too much jump up in difficulty. I'll try easy a few times & learn my route better.:think:

I got past the train but forgot about the shipping containers section. That is the hardest part of game for me, I can't see them. This is gonna take some practice to even complete just the last race on extreme.

yes you're right I'm pass the train too I can't do the Container part lucky I haven't given up yet I'm not ready to move on I'm gonna practice all weekend long I'm gonna keep going until March 1st then I'll give up

Forget all those fancy supercars for this. I tryed Golf GTI and got the win @ extreme without zero resets and on second try.

Listen to Kisakiree92 I just gave up on my favorite cars and just use a Golf GTI and well it was piece of cake it had fast acceleration and easy handling it drive so smooth