Good Way to Gain XP Offline

Lyrikk

Okay so I was playing online from level 17-26 and am honestly dieing a little inside lol. I have been playing online because I got really good at the Supercar Playlist with the Porsche 918 RSR and would get Top 3 pretty much every Session but the online is so bad that its painful. Starting to nerd rage a bit and that isn't like me haha.

So I decided to go on YouTube and try to find a possible answer to get my last 3 levels by a bit smoother and possibly even faster, and this is what I found:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSpoQ3B_6sQ]Need for Speed The Run - 5000 XP in 2 Min [German + HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Everything in this video and the comments are in German... But I went through the hassle of finding out exactly what that damn race he did was with a translator and trial/error on my copy of the game.

Its a Challenge Series race in the "Industrial Run" series and the race is called (same as the challenge series name) "Industrial Run" (NOT Loop). He is using the Lambo Gallardo as the car which I found to be the best, there is a Porsche 911 vehicle that seems like it would be better but the Lambo is far better, I couldn't get first with the Porsche for whatever reason.

NOTE: That last shortcut on the left of the track he doesn't take in the video, I recommend taking that last shortcut every time because it greatly increases your chances of getting first in the end.

You will actually get pretty much 5000 exp every 2 and a half minutes or so and its a pretty simple aspect. The absolute lowest I've gotten is a x6 instead of a x8 like in the video but even still your getting 3800 - 4000 exp in the end which is still killer.

I'm finding this to be better then online because if you do the math in time and points, you can get about 3 of these done easily in a 3 race session that doesn't lagg or take awhile to load up (I've seen that still happen time to time after the patch that was suppose to fix it). You don't always get a good XP bonus from the Wheel and you don't always get people to play with online for Group Objectives unless you got a boosting team or something lol.

Do note though, that you gotta be careful leaving both shortcuts because I have been screwed over by a random civilian vehicle being RIGHT THERE and losing my 500 xp for Perfect Run, just a fair warning.

I just thought I'd share this because I think its a great alternative to playing Online. Use it if you want, still think online is better then go do online lol.

Edited by Lyrikk

Its a Challenge Series race in the "Industrial Run" series and the race is called (same as the challenge series name) "Industrial Run" (NOT Loop). He is using the Lambo Gallardo as the car which I found to be the best, there is a Porsche 911 vehicle that seems like it would be better but the Lambo is far better, I couldn't get first with the Porsche for whatever reason.

NOTE: That last shortcut on the left of the track he doesn't take in the video, I recommend taking that last shortcut every time because it greatly increases your chances of getting first in the end.

You will actually get pretty much 5000 exp every 2 and a half minutes or so and its a pretty simple aspect. The absolute lowest I've gotten is a x6 instead of a x8 like in the video but even still your getting 3800 - 4000 exp in the end which is still killer.

I'm finding this to be better then online because if you do the math in time and points, you can get about 3 of these done easily in a 3 race session that doesn't lagg or take awhile to load up (I've seen that still happen time to time after the patch that was suppose to fix it). You don't always get a good XP bonus from the Wheel and you don't always get people to play with online for Group Objectives unless you got a boosting team or something lol.

Do note though, that you gotta be careful leaving both shortcuts because I have been screwed over by a random civilian vehicle being RIGHT THERE and losing my 500 xp for Perfect Run, just a fair warning.

I just thought I'd share this because I think its a great alternative to playing Online. Use it if you want, still think online is better then go do online lol.

very cool. i will definitely give this a shot

Haha I knew this would be the run for boosting right away! But I love the tactic. Some luck is involved though as the guys sometimes drive super inconsisant. But this is easily the best run to grind for sure. Only about a minute and a half and with 12 opponents why would you not do it?

Cheers, Brrnout

Lemme also add that I think the idea to take the short cut at the end to be a BAD IDEA! As I have noticed that the lambo (mr.1st place) will rubber band on you IF you have full rewinds. So unless you do the passage flawlessly AND block the rubberbanding Lambo that will speed on your rear upon exiting the passage I suggest taking the main route.

Cheers

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge, please use the edit button instead of double posting

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to do this "offline" method for a few hours and I only got it to work twice. However playing online in a group I was getting 1500 - 1800 xp per race plus another 1500 - 2800+ xp for group objectives and another 450xp. I finished out the game after level 23 all online. I got platinum when I hit level 30, it was the last trophy I needed.

• 5 months later...
I will soon be studying this video,

Just gotta get gold at the "Tunnels and Trains" challenge as that has got me held up for a bit. Just cannot seem to get it at the moment.

Regards,

Ca3SaR-Zn

don´t study it it´s just like this: 1) don´t pass anyone 2) 2nd shortcut take it and with all your full nitrous take it to the 3rd 3) catch with the 1st and 2nd place and hit nitrous to the finish line works like a charm

BTW i sometimes get 5203xp in race only + no resets and all like 6000!

• 3 weeks later...

This method is crucial. The amount of xp you get for actually racing online is pathetically low. Online racing is fun though and this method is quite boring.

For those who have trouble not getting passed in the end, it does seem to be related to the number of resets you have. I won the race the first time only about 1/4 the time, the other times, I needed a reset or two. The other racers aggressiveness definitely dials down as you use up resets. However, it is always doable before you use up your resets, so don't give up. It's worth the points.

Funny thing, I must have done this route about 60 times to level up and I got my plat now, but I just watched the video in the OP again and saw the last shortcut for the first time! I guess I missed it the 60 other times...

:doh:

Edited by killgore7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Best fuckin method ever! I must have scrapped 5 days worth of grinding online like nonsense using this method. And it was only for 4.5 levels too. If only I would have known about this sooner.

Great XP grinding method, I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Just a small tip to go by :

Be sure to drive slow and stay behind, a bit far from the last position. If you stay close to last place then you will basically drag him towards you and then he will only distance himself even more from the rest of the pack making it more difficult to get Rapid Pass x 7 (you will get the x6 still, but that makes you lose an instant 700 xp).

Other thing you can do is try to BUMP him from behind. From how the rubber band AI in this works is that if he gets a bump he will instantly like boost and even get past the person in front. Try to vary the two methods to assure optimal "rubber band" spread.

Also, try to get the last shortcut as well. It's 50/50 whether you will win, sometimes the shortcut guarantees it, other times it doesn't. At least one car will shoot past you in the last seconds due to draft boost, so really the only sure way is to avoid getting drafted as much as possible, try to get a lot of distance from you and the person behind and boost as much as possible. A good way to achieve this is by staying on the ongoing lane and fill nos faster (also the opponents are more reluctant to drive in ongoing traffic so they won't draft you as much). The shortcut ensures that you get a nice lead from your opponents but your overall speed depends on how you exit in the freeway (so be sure to not hit the edges too much during the shortcut exit corner).

But the reason I say pick the shortcut is to get some extra RAPID PASS bonuses. After the second shortcut, when you get up to 4th place or so, start driving slow again (glide smoothly and don't force it). Doing so will make the "rubber band" effect kick in and either 1st and 2nd place will crash in cars or generally start driving slower, which will make 3rd place gain on them. You will also get passed by 2-3 cars while doing this, doesn't really matter. Just keep steady, watch for any ongoing trucks that spawn right in your face (courtesy of epic level design) and make sure you enter the shortcut cleanly (no wobbling due to turns or edge collision). Then just boost like crazy up until the exit and you should be able to overtake the last 3 remaining positions in one go, considering they should be pretty close to one another right about now.

If you consistently manage to get this + the perfect run retry bonus you should be able to net a nice 5K+ easily! Even without the RAPID PASSx7 you should net over 4.5K+ if you get the last RAPID PASSx3.

Hope that will help people out as well, sure as hell helped me!

Glad this grind is over and done with :D

• 3 weeks later...

Will be giving this a go later on. Only need to get the trophies for level 25 and level 30 to get the platinum and this method looks like it will be a lot quicker than playing online. Went online the other night to get the trophies and most races the xp I was getting wasn't all that much, the loading between races takes forever and the xp "rewards" on the bonus wheel are laughably low. I mean 200xp, what fucking use is that??

• 1 month later...
i can confirm that this is bullshit ! you almost never get 5000 exp the last car stays to far behind it just isn't possible to get 7,8 clean passes even with full nitro

and staying behind makes it even harder to win !

well im sorry then your just not very good, i did 26-30 with this method. took me about 4-5 goes to get it down and then did it 99% of the time after this. also had 3 time where i got a x9 bonus slipping in front of 3rd place and got 6.5k for that, very nice

There is a trick to doing this which i mastered after a while which makes your life easier.

As people have stated dont hang on the back of the last car, stay a good 4-5 car lengths behind. When you are approaching the 2nd short cut start accelerating and sling shot off the last car and then boost to the end, you should come out in 4th place giving x8 bonus. if its meseed up or the cars are to spaced apart you will still get x6-x7 bonus.

Now here is the trick to the rubberbanding lambo, you will turn right off the 2nd shortcut and go under a bridge to a large left turn, the lambo will always and i mean always boost off the corner which is how he stays ahead. if you pull in behind him he will boost and be uncatchable as well, but if you stay out wide to the right of the road and boost going round the corner you catch him out every time and just keep boosting to the end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i can confirm that this is bullshit ! you almost never get 5000 exp the last car stays to far behind it just isn't possible to get 7,8 clean passes even with full nitro

and staying behind makes it even harder to win !

I agree, it only works about 10% of the time. Also, it is quite disappointing that you lose all your race Xp if you reset towards the end. Very frustrating.

Edit - After playing about 100 times I can now write that it works about 60 - 70% of the time (although I usually only get around 3,000 - 3,500 xp).

Edited by Snake Doctor337

• 4 months later...

Can someone explain how in 2 videos I saw, they got 200 for a Silver finish, but only get 100?

I tried this countless times & wondered why I never got the 10,000 that they got in both vids. How were theirs double to start, since there are no difficulty levels in the challenges.....or are there?

I only got 5,000 once!

• 3 months later...

The AI is too inconsistent for this method to a 'big' help. I'm not gonna shoot it down but I had a much easier time running the race right before it, wich consistenly gets me 3k + medal and retry bonus...without any hassle and much easier too finish. In this one you can just race and automaticly take over all cars in one go.

• 3 months later...