Online is terrible

Online is terrible

-Starting during a race is stupid. Theres no way to get first.

-No private matches so you cant just do a 1 on 1 with a friend

-Lots and lots and lots of freezing

-Slow lobbies

-Online racers are very glitchy (flashing and disappearing)

-This game is very sensitive with crashes.

Your thoughts?

I'm selling this and sticking to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

Now that was a good game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. Joining games mid way through is the stupidest thing they have done in this game. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING!? And its now 3 matches in a session. So if your behind by 30 seconds on your first race, you will be last on the leader board for the next two races after. EPIC :facepalm: BlackBox.

I actually liked it, but got the GT 5 DLC, and havent played in awhile.

The only real problem I have are jerkweeds that cant race w/o bumping.

I have two friends who race like that. Drives me mad as well. They'll literally spin me out at the go and I'll text them and show my anger lol

Yup, terrible online.

-Waiting minutes for a race to load

- screen going black if you press x

- Cars jumping into the air

- The cars drive so slow, where's my NFS:hot pursuit

- difficult to catch up in these short races - after the crashing and banging at the beginning (if you get caught in the pack) it's hard to catch up to the leaders as the races are only ~2 minutes long.

Edited by BlackAsh

Yup, terrible online.

-Waiting minutes for a race to load

- screen going black if you press x

- Cars jumping into the air- The cars drive so slow, where's my NFS:hot pursuit

- difficult to catch up in these short races - after the crashing and banging at the beginning (if you get caught in the pack) it's hard to catch up to the leaders as the races are only ~2 minutes long.

Yup, the framerate was so bad last night, cars were flying through the air only to respawn in front as if nothing had happened...

Dunno how they can do that, for when I get wrecked my car goes idle for 5 seconds... By that time there's little time left to recover

This game has serious issues, you'd of thought they would of corrected before releasing to the public

Fuck this pice of shit game who fucking gets froze up then black screen of death then gets D/C 2x and back to blk screen of death, then plays 1 race and now im in loading screen for the next race! FUCK YOU EA ( BLACK BOX) game is junk all the way. but think god im getting the plat after i get to lvl30 if i even get to it without getting the worst of online multiplayer exsperience going to take ages for lvl30 at this rate.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/nels925.png

I'm not too happy with the online portion as well. Yesterday, I was on pace to win the Bonus Wheel (G) after winning two races but of course the third race wouldn't load up. I know everyone in the lobby got into the race because no one was talking after about a minute in the pre-game lobby.

[EDIT] A bit off-topic but does it seem like it takes for-effing-ever to rank up in this game compared to Hot Pursuit? I've been on level 12 for almost three hours of gameplay.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

Fuck this pice of shit game who fucking gets froze up then black screen of death then gets D/C 2x and back to blk screen of death, then plays 1 race and now im in loading screen for the next race! FUCK YOU EA ( BLACK BOX) game is junk all the way. but think god im getting the plat after i get to lvl30 if i even get to it without getting the worst of online multiplayer exsperience going to take ages for lvl30 at this rate.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/nels925.png

takes about 4 hrs of constant playing with all the waiting for the race to load, where it should take no more then 2 hrs if the server loaded properly

Guys I posted these videos on the EA forum, now you go bitch about it there too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf5S6h0QKOA]NFS the run multiplayer gameplay bug - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY6qMF1S1r0]NFS The Run autolog bug - YouTube[/ame]

The least they could do is let us have private races.

takes about 4 hrs of constant playing with all the waiting for the race to load, where it should take no more then 2 hrs if the server loaded properly

4hrs theres no way i can get to lvl30 by 2marrow! thats what i want a thanksgiving plat! im half way on 24.

Edited by nels

4hrs theres no way i can get to lvl30 by 2marrow! thats what i want a thanksgiving plat! im half way on 24.

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhh found a loop hole around the black screen of death! just have a friend re invite you and it will bring you back to the main screen! it beats re loading the game everytime you get that!

well it pains me to say this, but i agree, the online portion of this game is absolute fkn shite, i am a big fan of the game, i think "the run" section is good, it reminds me of playing an old coin-op, and the challenges are very good, im halfway through and am enjoying it as much as any other racer, but online is where it fails.

i had this up there with hot pursuit, sadly, it falls short, well, well short. if/when you do get to race, its actually good, but it takes so long to get a race and if you do get one it can be fine for 5 or so races then turn so fkn buggy its a joke, i will platinum the game, but its sad that all the ingrediants are there to make a classic racer and they have just been wasted by a shitty online server,it just leaves me thinking what could have been...

I'm not too happy with the online portion as well. Yesterday, I was on pace to win the Bonus Wheel (G) after winning two races but of course the third race wouldn't load up. I know everyone in the lobby got into the race because no one was talking after about a minute in the pre-game lobby.

[EDIT] A bit off-topic but does it seem like it takes for-effing-ever to rank up in this game compared to Hot Pursuit? I've been on level 12 for almost three hours of gameplay.

Happened to me at least five times, I would be in the lead an near the finish only to get dropped from the server...

Talk about bad timing...:confused:

Edited by choochie49

pleas add me if you want to play hot pursuit

For someone with 431 posts this is beyond random - anyway back on topic - I'm quite enjoying online when I can get on and when I am in a consistent group - at least it makes sense then. As for getting online in the first place and actually playing for more than half an hour without losing contact with the severs - well that's another issue and not entirely linked to The Run. I often use contact on Hot Pursuit and Burnout Crash - the link being Autolog. EA please sort it out!!!!

The 1st time I tried to get in a multiplayer race it said I lost connection...but I tried again and I got in and stayed with the same people for about 2 hours. I won a car and the bonus wheel gold trophy and then I was going for 5000xp bonus and the game wouldn't load the last race. So far the game has screwed up twice in multiplayer and I do agree the load times suck ass, it should load faster but doesn't.