XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
JohnMcClane4

Question Is this game worth buying?

Hi i recently saw this game on sale for 10 euro used and i was wondering a few things:

Is it worth the money?

Hows the game in general?, is it fun, especially the career mode.

Also i played the demo but was annoyed by the way the car would apply the brakes itself, so im also wondering can this be turned off?

Is their any trophys which really need to be boosted because there impossible/extremely annoying otherwise?

How hard is it to platinum?

Is there many cars and tracks?

Hows the online, do people still play it?

Is there any incentive to replay it it, or would ya just trade it in when done?

If anyone can give me some advice whether to get this game or not it would be appreciated, I care more about the game being fun, rather than the trophys, Thanks
JohnMcClane4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
Baqsam

Send a message via MSN to Baqsam

It is definitely worth the money. The single player is takes a while for minimum completion, and getting everything completed (regardless of trophies) will take a while and give you a nice challenge (mastering corners). The online is decent and moderately populated.
Yep, it's fun. The system tries to simulate realistic driving, but still isn't too rigid to be enjoyed as a game.
You can turn off automatic braking. I think you can tweak the extent of automation to your liking. I think I kept it on 'light' or something.
I did not need to boost anything, but you can boost races and whatnot for badges.
I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. Everything is easy but time consuming, and mastering corners will take a while if you're new to the genre.
I haven't played many racing games so I don't know the relative amounts, but I thought there were not many cars and tracks. They were 'just enough'.
Again, the online is smooth and is moderately populated.
Also, again, you can play again for completion such as mastering all corners and getting all stars in career events.
The racing genre is one of the genres that I gave very little time to. I remember I was hooked to NfS: Porsche Unleashed back in the PS1 days and decided to give this game a try to reminisce the old days. In the end, I was glad that I made the purchase and it was really solid. It's fun and the trophies are a nice mix.

My Threads

Last edited by Baqsam; 03-06-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Baqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
JohnMcClane4

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baqsam View Post
It is definitely worth the money. The single player is takes a while for minimum completion, and getting everything completed (regardless of trophies) will take a while and give you a nice challenge (mastering corners). The online is decent and moderately populated.
Yep, it's fun. The system tries to simulate realistic driving, but still isn't too rigid to be enjoyed as a game.
You can turn off automatic braking. I think you can tweak the extent of automation to your liking. I think I kept it on 'light' or something.
I did not need to boost anything, but you can boost races and whatnot for badges.
I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. Everything is easy but time consuming, and mastering corners will take a while if you're new to the genre.
I haven't played many racing games so I don't know the relative amounts, but I thought there were not many cars and races. They were 'just enough'.
Again, the online is smooth and is moderately populated.
Also, again, you can play again for completion such as mastering all corners and getting all stars in career events.
The racing genre is one of the genres that I gave very little time to. I remember I was hooked to NfS: Porsche Unleashed back in the PS1 days and decided to give this game a try to reminisce the old days. In the end, I was glad that I made the purchase and it was really solid. It's fun and the trophies are a nice mix.
Thanks for all the indepth information on this, i really appreciate the info and i have ordered it now, and cant wait to play it very soon
Old 03-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Baqsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane4 View Post
Thanks for all the indepth information on this, i really appreciate the info and i have ordered it now, and cant wait to play it very soon
No problem, it's my pleasure. I like answering questions. I hope you get a hold of it soon and enjoy it. If you need any help, hit me up on my wall.

My Threads
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
JohnMcClane4

Quote:
No problem, it's my pleasure. I like answering questions. I hope you get a hold of it soon and enjoy it. If you need any help, hit me up on my wall.
Cool thanks again, will do and if you want to race online in it or anything feel free to add me
Old 03-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #6
RedDragonJPN

Too late...

Oh well, I would say it wasn't worth it... only use is to get more trophies. I was severely disappointed with this game.
RedDragonJPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #7
FodderBhoy

For the price, I think you will find it to be very good value for money. I really enjoyed it, and as Baqsam says, the corner mastering is a nice challenge.

Just waiting for Shift 2: Unleashed to come out

Please add PS3T to any friend requests

Blank friend requests will be ignored!

Last Platinum: inFamous
Currently Playing
: Dead Nation (29%), Dirt 3 (65%)
FodderBhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
McGarnigle

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

That's decent value, but I'd just like to say that the control scheme in this game is fucking horrible. R2 for throttle and L2 for brakes-why? What ever happened to X & Square. Tis a fucking pain in the arse. Is there really no way to make custom settings.
McGarnigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
Baqsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigle View Post
R2 for throttle and L2 for brakes-why? What ever happened to X & Square.
That's been implemented for most car games now. It seems like you haven't been playing the sort lately. What's good about the shoulder button is how they can go all the way down or slightly down, making it possible to 'feather' your throttle or fine tune it.

My Threads
Old 03-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
McGarnigle

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Quote:
That's been implemented for most car games now. It seems like you haven't been playing the sort lately. What's good about the shoulder button is how they can go all the way down or slightly down, making it possible to 'feather' your throttle or fine tune it.
True, GTA 4 is the only real car game I've played recently, and Wipeout HD in which the shoulder buttons are the airbrakes, still I wish you could change them-takes some getting used to.
McGarnigle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need for speed, shift, worth buying