Is this game worth buying?

JohnMcClane4

Hi i recently saw this game on sale for 10 euro used and i was wondering a few things:

Is it worth the money?

Hows the game in general?, is it fun, especially the career mode.

Also i played the demo but was annoyed by the way the car would apply the brakes itself, so im also wondering can this be turned off?

Is their any trophys which really need to be boosted because there impossible/extremely annoying otherwise?

How hard is it to platinum?

Is there many cars and tracks?

Hows the online, do people still play it?

Is there any incentive to replay it it, or would ya just trade it in when done?

If anyone can give me some advice whether to get this game or not it would be appreciated, I care more about the game being fun, rather than the trophys, Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

It is definitely worth the money. The single player is takes a while for minimum completion, and getting everything completed (regardless of trophies) will take a while and give you a nice challenge (mastering corners). The online is decent and moderately populated.

Yep, it's fun. The system tries to simulate realistic driving, but still isn't too rigid to be enjoyed as a game.

You can turn off automatic braking. I think you can tweak the extent of automation to your liking. I think I kept it on 'light' or something.

I did not need to boost anything, but you can boost races and whatnot for badges.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. Everything is easy but time consuming, and mastering corners will take a while if you're new to the genre.

I haven't played many racing games so I don't know the relative amounts, but I thought there were not many cars and tracks. They were 'just enough'.

Again, the online is smooth and is moderately populated.

Also, again, you can play again for completion such as mastering all corners and getting all stars in career events.

The racing genre is one of the genres that I gave very little time to. I remember I was hooked to NfS: Porsche Unleashed back in the PS1 days and decided to give this game a try to reminisce the old days. In the end, I was glad that I made the purchase and it was really solid. It's fun and the trophies are a nice mix.

Edited by Baqsam

It is definitely worth the money. The single player is takes a while for minimum completion, and getting everything completed (regardless of trophies) will take a while and give you a nice challenge (mastering corners). The online is decent and moderately populated.

Yep, it's fun. The system tries to simulate realistic driving, but still isn't too rigid to be enjoyed as a game.

You can turn off automatic braking. I think you can tweak the extent of automation to your liking. I think I kept it on 'light' or something.

I did not need to boost anything, but you can boost races and whatnot for badges.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10 in terms of difficulty. Everything is easy but time consuming, and mastering corners will take a while if you're new to the genre.

I haven't played many racing games so I don't know the relative amounts, but I thought there were not many cars and races. They were 'just enough'.

Again, the online is smooth and is moderately populated.

Also, again, you can play again for completion such as mastering all corners and getting all stars in career events.

The racing genre is one of the genres that I gave very little time to. I remember I was hooked to NfS: Porsche Unleashed back in the PS1 days and decided to give this game a try to reminisce the old days. In the end, I was glad that I made the purchase and it was really solid. It's fun and the trophies are a nice mix.

Thanks for all the indepth information on this, i really appreciate the info and i have ordered it now, and cant wait to play it very soon :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
R2 for throttle and L2 for brakes-why? What ever happened to X & Square.

That's been implemented for most car games now. It seems like you haven't been playing the sort lately. What's good about the shoulder button is how they can go all the way down or slightly down, making it possible to 'feather' your throttle or fine tune it.

That's been implemented for most car games now. It seems like you haven't been playing the sort lately. What's good about the shoulder button is how they can go all the way down or slightly down, making it possible to 'feather' your throttle or fine tune it.

True, GTA 4 is the only real car game I've played recently, and Wipeout HD in which the shoulder buttons are the airbrakes, still I wish you could change them-takes some getting used to.

True, GTA 4 is the only real car game I've played recently, and Wipeout HD in which the shoulder buttons are the airbrakes, still I wish you could change them-takes some getting used to.

When I first started out GTA IV in 2008, I went right back to the :cross: and :square: configuration because I didn't want to get used to the new thing, but then I had to change because of the more advantages in the new configuration. Not only was it the cars, even dropping a grenade (for some weird reason) was only possible in the new configuration, or else you'd always have to toss it with power.

When I first started out GTA IV in 2008, I went right back to the :cross: and :square: configuration because I didn't want to get used to the new thing, but then I had to change because of the more advantages in the new configuration. Not only was it the cars, even dropping a grenade (for some weird reason) was only possible in the new configuration, or else you'd always have to toss it with power.

I never noticed this myself, though in fairness you are right, I jumped the gun a bit in giving out about the controls. The shoulders don't take much getting used to, I was absolutely all over the place in my first 5 races or so though.

Got the game but havent played it yet, as im playing Midnight Club LA, but yeah i must agree with ya there it really is alot better with the shoulder buttons after you get used to it. And thanks for the info guys :)