Corner Slide Help

Krimsen

Hey guys i really need some help on shift, i am okay with everything apart from the challenges that ask you to corner slide for 3 seconds i just find this really hard even with a drift car in a race it just doesnt carry on sliding long enough, i'm on the big bowl type race track and the corners ain't tight or nothing so i'm finding it hard to maintain a corner slide for more than a second.

Its in the EU series event in Tier 2 and was just wondering is there anything you guys can help me with regarding a nice EU corner sliding car or if i have to tune it a specific way to slide more any help would be awesome cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont know if this will help you but i didnt know what to do at first either what i did was went into the corners about half speed and turned hard into the corners then turned away from corners and then back into them to make my drift last longer some corners you can hold the gas the whole time some you have to give it gas in bursts you should just keep experimenting with it you will get it also numerous times my drift will leave me in the grass but i keep drifting and have gotten the 4 sec drift star even though i wasn't on the road for the whole 4 seconds

These Stars are different than the Drift event Stars because it is easier to slide in Drift events than in Race events. The way I did this was enter the turn going full speed and then slam on the E-Brake. Keep on the gas as you go through the turn. There isn't a set score because I'm pretty sure that the more aggressive the slide, the more points you get. There is a oval track event that has this as the Bonus Star and I just hit the E-Brake going through one of the turns. I wound up getting the Star and I only got about 30-40 points for the slide

Edited by Carbs91

On the ovals its not really hard.

What you do:

- Full throttle into the corner.

- Tap the handbrake, then the back will break out.

- Now pump your throttle through the turn: it means full throttle, and no throttle, really fast after each other. So R2 in, out, in, out.

And take a rear wheel drive car. That's easier.

Hope it works for you guys.

• 1 month later...

hi,

i had this problem also. 2 days a go i began to slide corners, and today still no star! i changed 1 thing, and 2 corners after that i got the star.

here is what you have to do:

pauze the game , go to settings, gameplay, race put off traction control and stabilitycontrol, go back to the game and try it again...

GREAT SUCCES:applause:

hi,

i had this problem also. 2 days a go i began to slide corners, and today still no star! i changed 1 thing, and 2 corners after that i got the star.

pauze the game , go to settings, gameplay, race put off traction control and stabilitycontrol, go back to the game and try it again...

Thus is going to help me big time!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
hi,

Thank u so very much. It really helped me out over here.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey I know I'm like 5 years too late, but I'm taking a second look at Shift to get the platinum and I ran into this thread. I simple held the E-brake before a corner (straight strip) with the Porsche Cayman S and just got it first try. I turned all the Game features off from the options menu. Hope this helps any future people trying to bust this myth. Oh and I slammed into a wall. Good luck everyone!