134/135 gate glitch near Bac Mono

This started off as a help thread but after painstakingly trying to get the trophy I found that a couple gates are glitched and some exist/don't exist whether your game is updated or not.

Here I will explain how I managed to get the trophy and the problem with some of the gates.

The Interactive Map from the trophy guide.

There is in-fact 137 gates in the game at anytime.

Gate 99 and 100 can be broken during the first tutorial race. DO NOT BREAK THEM IN THE TUTORIAL RACE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR TOTAL. After the race, when you can free roam, you can break them and it will count towards the total.

http://nfsmw.shinedalgarno.de/security_gates/99.jpg

http://nfsmw.shinedalgarno.de/security_gates/100.jpg

Gate 104 is glitched and only exists with the base version of the game (no updates). Updating the game makes it disappear. Even though it is there on the base version it is still very glitchy and does not count properly. Avoid getting this gate.

No Updates

http://i.imgur.com/cE25yFp.jpg

With Updates

http://i.imgur.com/tbrPx2l.jpg

Because of the removal of gate 104 I believe the developer's plan was the introduction of Gate 132.

Gate 132 only exists in the updated version of the game. In the base game (no updates) it is not there.

With Updates

http://nfsmw.shinedalgarno.de/security_gates/138.jpg

Gate 27 does not count properly. It is available all the time but for some reason it does not count properly. It is believed breaking the billboard right after has something to do with it. I don't know, just avoid this one too.

http://nfsmw.shinedalgarno.de/security_gates/27.jpg

By avoiding gate 99 and 100 in the tutorial and getting them to count towards your total, you can eliminate two gates from your hunt.

I eliminated gate 27 and 104 and played without any updates and managed to get the trophy.

Edited by xMescax

gotta say i've done both version; when the game was released and I had to delete game and start over again with the updated version. I had no trouble with any gates at alll with both version.

It's a perfect storm situation where if you break the two in the first race and have one glitch on you then you will forever be stuck at 134/135. Just trying to help people avoid this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this xMescax! The Vita version glitched on me. I saved this trophy till the very end and checked every gate on the map. Got stuck at 134/135 while playing with updates. Had to completely delete the game and restart

On PS3, I started with this trophy (and this thread) before doing anything else. I skipped the gates in the first race and then went one by one. Gates 104 and 11 didn't appear and 133 glitched, but the other 135 were good to go!

Same thing happened when I replayed on Vita. 104 did not appear while 11 and 133 did not count when I ran through them. Glad to have this trophy out of the way.

Edited by ChipperVA

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Also note that gate 132/135, the Hodges Airfield gate, is one single gate to the right by the rail. I purposely avoided it on my first attempt at the gates because I thought that I already ran through it earlier in the game. I was surprised to see it was the same way on my new save with no other gates lined up next to it, so I hit it anyway and it counted. :2walls:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you, sir. Just deleted the whole game on the vita and redownloaded it for a fresh start for all the gates, skipped the 2 at the beginning and trophy popped alright avoiding the 2 you mentioned and getting the 2 initial gates post tutorial race.

EDIT: 5 months later and I'm returning to this thread in order to get this trophy out of the way from the get go on the ps3 version. Useful once again.

Edited by yuri03042

• 3 months later...

got this trophy yesterday...

after the prologue i only followed the map to get this trophy suddenly before crashing random gates...

i ended with 134/135, and the missing one was near the airport, on the side of the Ford Focus jackspot.

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much. This helped me out on my third try. I did it unpatched and avoided the same gates you did as this seems like the best way to go.

To any one else experiencing issues with this broken trophy, try saving your game to a thumb drive or ps+ cloud every 20 or so gates so if one glitches on you there is a way to back up without starting all over again

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Aleluja a got this trophie..

1. I play without update. Warning 3 gate without update are glitch number. Save it before .

1. gate 102

2. gate 27

3. gate 133

gate number 138 have one pecies right...ist ok without update.

I play withuot update .Warning save your progres ...on cloud ps+

Good luck ...

• 1 month later...

Had no problem with the trophy :whistle:

* March 20, 2016

* Vita Version

* Installed game

* Installed update 1.01

* Started new game

-> Avoided the two gates in the tutorial.

-> Crashed by accident #27 and #104 (which was there with the update) :rolleyes: Both did not count as described in this thread. Still continued with the interactive map. Got 135 gates at the end with no problem.

-> Every gate I made sure that it counted. Saved every 20 gates by switching to new car and uploaded to PS+ as a backup.

Dont worry to much :)

PSN: Probotector77

• 11 months later...

Apart from that, you have to be careful not to trigger any speed cameras before hitting the security gates as well as it will not count, at least on the vita version. It happened on my second run. Now re-doing my third run of security gates :(

EDIT: It seems that it's not the case. Gate #11 and #103 didn't count for me, but the other gates counted for me while also having one extra gate left to smash. I'm playing on Vita with 1.01 patch.

Edited by Azlanslayer

I have 133/135, 2 gates didn't register, I guess I'll need to delete my save and do it again :rolleyes:

EDIT: 134 now, one of them respawned and I got it by chance because the billboard glitched too. The last one didn't respawn though, gonna try to delete the patch.

EDIT 2: Nope, gate 104 doesn't want to register and the other one is still gone :(

Edited by Easty

• 4 months later...

Date: 07.18.2017

Platform: PS3

Game: installed with all updates

My savegame with all my successes was stuck at 134/135 gates and i'm sure i had all gates done. So the most efficient way was to create a new savegame just for this trophy (don't forget to copy your main savegame to a USB Stick and/or upload it to the online storage if you have PS PLUS before you delete it). Set automatic upload to OFF. I disconnected my PS3 from the internet in the settings so that i was completly offline and started the game. I avoided the 2 gates in the preliminary race and after the race i crashed the 2 gates seperatly. Then i went to the starting point of the well known YT video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnY16JY9JVw]Need For Speed Most Wanted The Gatecrasher Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

During the session 3 gates didn't count (1 didn't want, 2 because just in the moment of crashing a Police Car hit me and the Police Alarm Info was shown in the left edge of the screen and not the 2 gates. But in the end i got 135 Gates so that i think that there exist about 137 or 138 gates.

Tips:

Make it in one session.

Don't drive too fast.

Be careful of the Traffic and the Police.

Don't crash gates and billboards together.

If 2 gates are close together, crash the first, wait till the info about registration has gone and then crash the second.

Be patient and follow the video by pausing it when you lose orientation.

I needed about 2 hours and i made it in the first try.

The PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S is the perfect car for this trophy. Good Handling and fast enough for the longer distances to travel.

Good luck.

Edited by Methos
Adding some information

• 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Not sure how many more could have glitched on me because I was not keeping track sometimes, but this 4x small gate in front of the BAC Mono jack spot on Hannah Street at an Onslow constructed building site in McClane did not register.  We usually see a notification above the mini-map on updates when new collectibles are found, but this particular one did not.  Good thing I had noticed it right away and immediately closed the game.  It may have been a different outcome had I probably swapped the vehicles to claim the jack spot. 

Spoiler

Here is where we can find the notorious Bac Mono security gate: 

:right: CHANGE CAR  :down: 17 LAND ROVER  :right: RANGE ROVER EVOKE  :down: :down: MCCLANE  :right:  JUMP TO CAR

Which is the nearest jack spot we can fast travel to for the BAC Mono (and the buggy security gate) location

EDIT: 17.09.2023

I was very anxious with only 6 security gates left.  The billboards were also a tad buggy for not registering the feat soon enough.  Fortunately those ended up okay along with the speed cameras.

Missed a few gates that were nowhere near racing routes, so it should be understandable to overlook those.  The ones in Downtown are easy to miss, only chanced upon them when I was searching for the last of the elusive 2 speed trap cameras - found two in a tiny alley way on Cates Road, the next two were just a stones throw away on a scaffolding or catwalk located on Burnette Place in Downtown. The last ones were at Conners Bridge Road, just before the toll booths where a jack spot for the Ford Mustang Boss 302 can be found.

Edited by Naps
We did it folks! Double stacked like a Big Mac!