Anyone Having Trouble on Needlepoint

RByers

Hey all,

Anyone having a heck of a time getting first on this race? You can do it with either the Bugatti Super Sport with a target of 155mph or the Koenigsegg Agera at 150mph. I'm not bragging by any means but I consider myself a pretty good racer but this is the only race I've came across so far that I come up short 5mph+ every time and I have probably done it 2 dozen times. Anyone else?

Edited by RByers

Use your brake and tap e-brake

slowing down is faster then crashing and respawning

This is good advice u don't need to be full on boosting all the time to beat this, also make sure u go thru the garage just before the left turn into the airfield to refill ur nitrous and use it going thru there

I ended up beating it with both cars. Just took a lot of practice on my end. A lot of times it just pissed me off because sometimes it would start me at 80mph and yet another at 180mph. That and cops are so random, that from the start you couldn't escape a head on take down.

I ended up getting up to 163 mph on my third try with Veyron. I did have pro track tires, pro burn nitrous and pro long gears equipped though as i thought it would be really hard. If you use a mod or few it's actually quite easy, i had nowhere near perfect run and even wrecked once. One of the critical points is the dip after you have visited the airfield and turned back where you came from, around 1-2 km before finish. If you dont break before the dip on the road, you will end up onto bottom of the canyon and this will cost about 5-10 mph average speed.

I'm not one to fudge the numbers like a prick and say I got it on my first couple tries or something. I got gold with a time of exactly 155mph on my 12th try, although 6 of those I was taken down by a flying SUV coming straight down the road at me :/

I used pro nitrous, pro off road tires, pro long gears, pro light chassis. It really isn't a brutally difficult challenge, I'd suggest watching a video or something for it. I crashed once too and slowed down to a crawl while hitting the turn for the airfield. The airfield really doesn't slow you down all that much if you have off road tires. You can go hard then slam on the brakes going into the airfield, go hard then slam on the brakes and e-brake coming out of the airfield, then hit the nitrous, you really only lose like 20mph and you can more than make that back on the highway after the airfield. I had more problems with speed runs that were rated easy tbh. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I platinumed and 100%'d NFS The Run which was a bitch and a half with those challenges. So far no challenge in this game has even touched the tougher challenges in The Run.

My nerves were frazzled going into this race and my hands were shaking like crazy. This is why I regret reading up about this challenge and finding out how tough it was before I started. I psyched myself out majorly and a couple of my failures were because I was shaking like it was 40 below. Adrenaline rush/frazzled nerves I guess. Only racers give me this kind of rush. Makes me feel awesome if I beat it but it takes me a lot longer because I keep crashing stupidly.

Edited by mattybell2117

Def the toughest challenge I have had in the game but was rewarding getting it, still to do the Koniegzegg one. Pro mods are very useful here as I crashed twice, going in and out of the airfield and still got 157mph. I used the track tire pro rather that the offroad pro as you are on tarmac for 90% of the race but its really a matter of preference.

My Reason being you can go through a garage just before the airfield to get a max boost through it (best way is to be positioned on the incoming road on last corner just before the garage and swerve over right and through the garage and round left into airfield for maximum speed, easier to see than type out).

Got it on my 10th or so try with the Koenigsegg @ 164mph. Once you get a feel for the course, it isn't bad. But like other people have said, unlock all the pro mods!

Also, I suggest using the Short Gears over the Long Gears. You only need to have a 150 or 155mph average. The short gears give you a higher acceleration which is useful for when you come out of corners etc. Having a slightly higher top speed isn't as helpful here.

Lol, i did it!! after writing the previoust post.

this is what i use:

Bugatti:

tires: 4x4 pro

nitro: normal

chasis: normal

car: aerodinamic

short gears pro

(focus in acceleration, not in maximum speed)

3 critic points for me:

-Enter the airport. (Slow down the speed before turn)

-Exit the airport (slow down the speed before take the turn)

-the last part. slow down the speed and in the last turn push all the nitro u got)

Good Luck.

Your car setup can make all the difference on this one, checked on auto log and it took me 25 attempts to get it first time. Practice is key along with luck but my first successful run I crashed twice and got 157mph so just setup long gears and personaly I used track tires as you are on road a lot more so just use the garage before the airport so you can boost over the dirt.