NFS: Most Wanted Bitching Thread!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is such a fuckin fail, and it had so much potential too. Compared to the old most wanted, whatever happened to the customization putting in superchargers and body kits etc, not some lame track tires pro shit. Game needs more muscle cars and lower level cars, the entire point of the game is based on street racing, when are you ever gonna see Bugattis and Bentley convertibles street racing.

only got today and the no quit option is a slight pain but the only main one i have is when you go online and the other people online constantly take me down before events and its like 1 after the other, it gets annoying simply because the clip is about 4-5- seconds. if it just said takeendown then carried on it would be ok.

I'm picking my copy up tonight (ENGLAND), thought i'd have a look at this thread for things to look out for, nothing posted here has worried me or made me less excited to play it...

With regards to what people have posted on this thread though, seems to me these things can easily be patched/amended once Criterion/EA have had some fan feedback.

I'm pretty sure once more people have played it and the majority have stated what is making the game less enjoyable and what could be done to make it better they'll sort it out, it's one of them trial and error things - you don't know until it's out there being played by the masses.

Honestly I like the game a lot, I think they are slowly making their way back to where it used to be but there is still a lot of things wrong when you "compare" to the older Most Wanted which is one of my favorite ever NFS's besides the Underground's. The soundtrack is fine, the soundtrack "sucking" is just based on you liking the type of music the game is using, I don't mind dubstep and techno as long as it sounds good while im driving which I think they did fine with.

However the thing that does bug me is the Customization in this game... I was really hoping for the ability to spend an hour or 2 on making my car look the way I'd want it to and then fine tuning all my Spec's. That's where this game is lacking imo, I don't like going to a Repair Shop and getting a random color and that's it... That is not "Customization" Criterion...

There are 2 (possibly?) glitches that I have come across that is annoying as well. One is when I would hit Retry if im not going to win the race and once in awhile the game would just sit on a Pause Screen and not be able to do ANYthing, I need to actually restart the game to fix it. And also sometimes when I get a bunch of Speed Points in SP then go in MP and play for a bit then go back to SP I will decrease in Speed Points somehow. Like MP isn't saving any Points I'm actually getting or anything, I technically lost about 60k points yesterday because of that... So generally im not touching the online till i have all the Most Wanted Cars at least...

I dunno if that is happening to anyone else but it is for me, hope they patch these sometime soon cause somehow I doubt they are meant to do that in the game >.>

No "quit game" in the menu... and no freakin' proper BONNET view! Bumper view is not good enough... it's too low on the tarmac... I want a proper "windscreen/bonnet" view...

Come on Criterion, BlackBox despite being crap in making NFS games gave us one! I want to see a bonnet when I am driving... helps in building up that illusion on my 50 inch HD telly!

Alright, during my session tonight, this is what pissed me off:

• Always disconnected from Autolog. When I'm trying to compare stats with buds, it tells me that I need to redeem my online pass.
  • Cops come out of nowhere.
  • Cops always chase me and not my competitors during races. As if it wasn't hard enough winning normally.
  • Stupid crash cutscenes. I prefer Burnout style.
  • You crash, it takes forever to get back into the race and you always lose your position (everyone has passed you). Competitor crashes, they are back in the race in an instant and still maintain they're spot or pass you in a heartbeat if you passed them.
  • Enemies can get way ahead of you but if you're in the lead it's by a little.
  • So many crashes. Some BS.
  • Pursuits. Fucking impossible to evade most of the time, even at level 1. Not to mention, they take forever so after a couple of minutes I just give up.
  • When you enter cooldown, you better hope you don't crash, otherwise you'll lose it.
  • Lag. Game freezes especially during crucial moments.
  • Drifting/turning sucks.
  • Cars always flashing their lights. OMG so annoying!
  • Takes forever to pause the game, especially right as the race ends/starts.
  • The players list online is obtrusive.
  • During a Most Wanted event, the most wanted car went over spike strips and had nothing happen to them. I ran over the same strips, wrecked my car and got busted.

Fuck this game.

I has a couple bitches.

1. I just finished the game. I got it on tuesday. My game says I have a total of 12 hours. It still felt really fucking short for a racing game.

2. Cops and opponent racers are immune to spike strips. The hell is up with that.

3. Most Wanted races are really easy. Like I could crash multiple times but I always caught up. Some normal races were harder than all those. I even beat the final boss with an audi with a boost upgrade and areo body. No pro.

4. "Disconnected from autolog"

5. The notifications that come up about takedowns and player scoreboard online is super intrusive.

Once I hit platinum I probably won't play this game for a while.

A few have mentioned the same issues that I'm having.

The ability to quit out of the game doesn't bother me, I wait for the next AutoSave icon and quit to XMB. It's a habit I got into with Burnout Paradise!

The constant need to reconnect to Autolog is pissing me off. I thought it was my internet until I saw others compaining about the same thing. It's fucking infuriating!

Crashes don't bother me, again BP/Hot Pursuit/etc kind of made me immune, but the bullshit lense flare that stops me from seeing fuck all on the road and causing me to crash is what I hate. I thought we were done with that when Criterion said they were not going to use the Frostbite engine like BB did for The Run.

The Takedown notifications etc are too fucking big and way too fucking intrusive to come up on screen in the middle of a race. Make them transparent at least, so I can still see the damn road.

I've also had it freeze to the pause screen when retrying events.

Overall, a decent game, and I may even chase the Plat for it. But it could be a lot better with a few little changes

- Always disconnected from Autolog after a while. Really annoying...

- Loading before menu and again connecting to Autolog (freezing screens) and frame drops sometimes

I prefer the old Most Wanted. It was more fun in that style. This game isn't bad but it is more Burnout in a NFS jacket.

And also sometimes when I get a bunch of Speed Points in SP then go in MP and play for a bit then go back to SP I will decrease in Speed Points somehow. Like MP isn't saving any Points I'm actually getting or anything, I technically lost about 60k points yesterday because of that... So generally im not touching the online till i have all the Most Wanted Cars at least...

I dunno if that is happening to anyone else but it is for me, hope they patch these sometime soon cause somehow I doubt they are meant to do that in the game >.>

This has happened to me a couple of times. I seemed to have lost a lot of Speed Points switching back and forth from single player to mulitplayer. The weird thing was I still kept all the most wanted cars I beat and all my car mods. The thing that was really weird was when I quit and went back in I got all my points and then some! I think my points doubled from what I should have had originally. Maybe I stole some of yours.:whistle:

I also hate the long crash videos especially since they aren't nearly as spectacular as burnout. I used to play "crashing contests" with my kids just to see who could crash the worst and still have "drive aways."

I honestly hate the "switching mods on the fly" feature. When I'm running from the cops at heat level 5 and want to change my car up a bit, I hate having to focus on the out running them while navigating a menu. Not to mention when you switch to a different mod a screen drops right in front of you and no matter how transparent it is, you still can't really see where the hell you are going!!!:2walls: I like the idea of switching stuff in the middle of a race, but not while I'm actually racing or running from the cops. I wish you could access mods from the pause menu to make this neat feature a little more user friendly...

Other than these things I love this game. It's nice to see a NFS game, wait, scratch that, a RACING game actually be entertaining again. Ever since Burnout Paradise, nothing has been able to compare. This game still doesn't beat out Burnout by a longshot, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Is this going to become a new trend now? Mods creating bitching threads? Sounds pretty juvenile.

It's to reduce the amount of threads based around criticisms.

Unlike some other forums, it's an entire topic dedicated to the game, not just one thread. So it's to keep things organized.