XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
The Prophet uk

Default my GOD how annoying is this game?!?!

it's the most infuriating racing game i have played since rage racer, maybe even more so. how could they screw it up so bad? it should be fun, like burnout with cops but no its pain and suffering incarnate.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Ed-_-

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

I really liked this game, care to expand on why you don't like it?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
m00zesss

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prophet uk View Post
it's the most infuriating racing game i have played since rage racer, maybe even more so. how could they screw it up so bad? it should be fun, like burnout with cops but no its pain and suffering incarnate.
crap ... couldn't you make this thread BEFORE i bought it ... i just got it a few hours ago ...

is it really that bad?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
kdrcraig

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00zesss View Post
is it really that bad?
No, it's awesome. It's the first racing game I've been able to get into in years.

kdrcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
xenonxyanide

Send a message via MSN to xenonxyanide Send a message via Skype™ to xenonxyanide

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

i had the other day, drove through the gap in the roadblock (the only gap) and there was a spikestrip in the gap, wtf?

Working On (6) - Battlefield 3(52%28/44)Assasins Creed Revelations(42%22/60)
NFS:R(75%27/37)Motorstorm Apocalypse(17%10/48)Dirt 3(78%49/67)
Uncharted Drakes Fortune(18%13/48)
xenonxyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
The Prophet uk

i think on reflection, my problem is the handling of the cars. they need constant readjustment when driving in a straight line, like a simulator, and you get harshly punished in speed terms for scraping the walls and hitting dirt, like a simulator. but you drift like an arcade game. the game encourages you to play it like an arcade racer then punishes you for it. it's weird, you know, you play gran turismo and you drive carefully and realistically, you play burnout and you drive reckless and carefree and this game is in the middle.

i'm gonna give it one more chance tonight, perhaps comparing it to the pad smashing wife beating rage racer was harsh.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
LAUREANO011691

Quote:
i think on reflection, my problem is the handling of the cars. they need constant readjustment when driving in a straight line, like a simulator, and you get harshly punished in speed terms for scraping the walls and hitting dirt, like a simulator. but you drift like an arcade game. the game encourages you to play it like an arcade racer then punishes you for it. it's weird, you know, you play gran turismo and you drive carefully and realistically, you play burnout and you drive reckless and carefree and this game is in the middle.

i'm gonna give it one more chance tonight, perhaps comparing it to the pad smashing wife beating rage racer was harsh.
You just bought the game kinda late so your getting use to it the first time.
This game really is the best NFS game in a long time.
The Handling of the cars is easy. You probably just dont know how to work them yet.
Im guessing you probably use L2 to slow down. Use the handbreak () for all turns.
As for the scraping walls, sound just like bad driving/you not use to the game.

This game is one of those games where you either pick it up and understand it right away, or its the hardest game for you.

If all else, you can sell it on ebay. Good luck.
Online races + time trials really help improve your skill.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #8
Bara_Chat

I don't know dude, you sure you get better turns with the handbrake button? I'm not an expert at this game but I've got all golds as a cop (working on racer golds now) and never used the handbrake to turn. Mind you, maybe that's why I had a lot of trouble with the last two rapid response events... I'll give it a shot.

To TC, the game feels pretty "arcadey" to me, not at all like GT5. Although it is infuriating at times, especially the rapid response events. Hell, one of them took my about 40 tries and I'm not exagerating a single bit. It's not perfect, but definitely a great game.
Bara_Chat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #9
m00zesss

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5

only drove 4 'races' as a cop and i'm already fed up with this game

the cars handle like they have bags of potatoes instead of wheels

it feels arcade style, but it sucks bigtime

wish i didn't buy it
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #10
Ed-_-

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   Jack of All Trades   Helping Hand   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   5,000 Posts   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

Quote:
i think on reflection, my problem is the handling of the cars. they need constant readjustment when driving in a straight line, like a simulator
I found this a bit annoying at first, but I got used to it after a while. Ignoring this I think this is a top game