Hardest events?

I would say I am about 1/3 of the way through this game and so far there have been 2 or 3 events that took me a good hour or or two to get. Two of them were hot pursuits and one was a preview. Should I expect events that are much harder later on in the game? If so, what are they and if you have beaten them, what do you recommend?

Edited by FrozenSpark

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Rapid Response events were quite frustrating. But, once you've learnt the route, where/when to use Nitrous, whether the shortcuts will aid you or hinder you, etc, you'll find them a little easier to do.

I only just managed to get the gold trophy for earning a Distinction in all the police events. Now I've got to work on the Racing ones. Some are rather tough. I'm struggling with the Gauntlets, and a couple of time trials.

I only just managed to get the gold trophy for earning a Distinction in all the police events. Now I've got to work on the Racing ones. Some are rather tough. I'm struggling with the Gauntlets, and a couple of time trials.

Same here, before the storm hp is hard, so is highway one and Ultimate Road car preview. Others i have not tried but once yet.

Same here, before the storm hp is hard, so is highway one and Ultimate Road car preview. Others i have not tried but once yet.

I did the Ultimate Road Car Preview on my second go, tap :square: to start drifting instead of braking with :l2: to start drifting, this will conserve your speed going through the turns...of course if you are already doing this just remember to try and not hit anything. Also, drive on the wrong side of the road to earn extra nos.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really find any of the Hot Pursuits or Races challenging, since you're only going for placement.

What really irked me was the Time Trail/Preview/Rapid Response events.

Since you're pressed for time, you need to learn the most efficient routes.

If you keep playing these, you should get them fairly easily once you know the course.

Just keep at it!

Hey guys am i the only person who doesn't use neither the square button nor the L2 button in the turns? I release R2 just before a turn and move the left stick in the direction of the turn and hold R2. If you do it correctly you will turn very quick and not lose much speed. I don't know if anyone mentioned it before but it helped me a lot, especially in the time trials!:D

i only need two more gold medals to platinum the damn game n im really struggling on the King Of The Road (Dual) event, after thats finished ill only need to do the 43.5 mile race, any tips for the dual in question?? :)

Damn I hated that dual. Anytime he got in front, he would take off. I just never let him pass me and never mess up on any turn, since he will punish you for any small crash or bump. Just try not to hit walls or go on any dirt road.

Hey guys wtf i only got seacrest tour to get a gold and i cant seem to get it. I was first in the last 4 km and at top speed with the buggati and this car just passed me? wtf do u have to do a time under 13:30 to get it? I have 13:45 or 46 please help!

I find that your best opportunity to win the seacrest tour is to avoid crashing at all where possible and you should make up lots and lots of time on your opponents through the long highway sections, and you'll need this towards the end. For example I went into the last 4.5km with a 30 seconds lead but that got reduced to about 12 seconds before the finish line - the AI can shoot past you in those last tricky turns if you don't make up the advantage in the highway sections. Make sure you say on the correct side of the road, you'll have a much better chance of avoiding the civilian traffic as well as gain boost from 'near misses'. Hope that helps and good luck!

yeah thanks man just done it and got the golddiger trophy:D I had a 20 second lead and i won just by 4 in the end!:dance:

Nice one! :)

i must be lucky as i beat that duel and 43 mile race on the 1st go :eek: ill tell you though for the last 23 miles i had like 2 hits left till i was dead so idk how the hell i managed the highway sections without hitting anyone

The game can be like that; sometimes you can get unlucky and other times it is a breeze. I know the feeling when you are critical damage with miles and miles to go, inside your head it's like "oh shit, dear god please... MOVE OUT THE WAY!!!" :D

I'm a few events away from getting "True Blue" and so far "Protect and Swerve" and "Do Look After It" were the hardest events by far. Each I had to retry anywhere between 20-30 times. The rest weren't so bad, but, as I said, I got 2 or 3 more to go.

I have barely scratched racers career though so no comment on that.

• 2 weeks later...

The most difficult part in Cop for me is the rapid response on hwy where there is so much traffic on the road that I thought I could never get gold for it. But finally pull through and got it 2 days ago. :)

Finally got all gold in cops and thought it shouldn't be so bad in racer since I pass lv 20 in racer a while back. boy was I wrong. :think: Some of the time trial and previews were a lot harder than I could remember.....