DEMO October 26th, 2010

AnitaBlowie

Yess! This game looks better than the recent need for speed games

Shift was awful

Shift 2 is going to be awful

and undercover was good

Need For Speed Should be street racing not track racing!:applause:

Couldn't agree more with you :)

I pre-ordered this game already and can't wait for the demo :)

I doubt the online will be as fun as burnout's, but I still think this could be a good game ;)

I have to disagree & agree.

The online was fun, and Criterion made it, and they are making this one, how can the online get worse, cops from the beginning, its like they are putting all the DLC burnout had in this game alone.

Yes i think the game will be good and i cant wait, going to preorder this weekend, so i can secure my limited edition and my 6 cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Details about the Demo.. Great so far.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Demo Officially Announced

Criterion Games, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. today announced a demo for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. This demo will give gamers early access to this holiday’s hottest action racing title. Starting October 26th for a limited time, players can experience the intensity of friendly competition, using Need for Speed’s social network, Autolog. This new in-game technology makes personalized recommendations to gamers based on what their friends have been playing.

Autolog is a simple feature that challenges each player to set the best race time amongst their friends. Play alone and reign supreme against the game’s AI or invite just one friend to join, and unlock a second track in the demo. Playing with friends or enemies, players kick off an addictive competitive loop where the compulsion to be the best and earn bragging rights is irresistible.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is blowing the roof off social competition and bringing excitement back to the racing genre,” says Matt Webster, Producer at Criterion Games. “We’re putting players and their friends at the heart of the gameplay experience by automatically tracking and comparing each person’s performances. This demo will give gamers a snapshot of Need for Speed Autolog and how we’re amping up the energy of intense pursuits, competitive racing and online connected play – nothing is more powerful than beating your friends.”

In the Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit demo, players will be able to chase as a cop in the Dark Horse Hot Pursuit event, speeding through the coastal highway and mountainous ridges of Seacrest County. At the heart of the demo is a social network called Autolog that tracks cop and racer performances while playing solo and uses those statistics to generate fierce competition between friends. Once players add a friend to their Need for Speed friends list, the second event will unlock called Roadster’s Reborn, where gamers can compete as racers to set the best times.

http://electronictheatre.co.uk/images/needforspeedhotpursuit/needforspeed_hot_pursuit_1.jpg

When they download and play the demo they will also earn 500 bounty award points in the full game for both Cop and Racer careers. Accruing bounty will allow players to unlock events and exotic cars and progress through their careers in the full game.

The Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit demo will be available for download October 26th on Xbox LIVE Marketplace worldwide and the PlayStation Network in the UK on October 27th on the PlayStation Network. The retail game will be available on November 19th in the UK on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The Limited Edition can be pre-ordered now on all platforms to gain exclusive content at no extra cost, with participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last). Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit will also be available on the Wii and is being developed by Exient, and Electronic Theatrewill keep you updated with all the latest details.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit demo available tomorrow; start earning points for use in full game

Today Electronic Arts announced that a demo for Criterion Games’ upcoming Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will be available starting tomorrow. Download the Need For Speed Hot Pursuit demo from the PS3′s PlayStation Network or Xbox 360′s Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The demo will be available for a limited time, until November 9, 2010.

Oooooo this is fun. I rike it. LOL.

Post your times:

Dark Horse: 2:21.85s

Roadster Reborn: 4:03.44s

I KNOW!!!

really brings back my HP and High Stakes memories... but with new cars and better graphics!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!

my times:

Dark Horse: 1:16.something

Roadster Reborn: 3:36.something...

Oooooo this is fun. I rike it. LOL.

Post your times:

Dark Horse: 2:21.85s

Roadster Reborn: 4:03.44s

Dark Horse: 1:48.51s

Roadster Reborn: 3:30.19s

This is going to be fun. Add me people. NF HP must buy.

Edited by djeclipse