Which Game Adaptation Is Worse: NCIS or CSI?

poetic_justice_

Ubisoft made the tv-series-to-video-game adaptations for both shows CSI and NCIS. As people who have completed both games will testify, the platinums are easy, but the games themselves are horrible. While it makes as much sense as comparing Ford Pintos with AMC Gremlins, I was curious as to which other people thought was the worst: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy or NCIS: The Video Game.

Personally, the nod for horrid gameplay controls has to go to CSI (NCIS's controls were an improvement over CSI's, but that isn't saying much). However, given the darker, more adult plotlines, I enjoyed CSI more and would actually give at least one thumb up for the plot material, which stuck to the meat-and-potatoes of the TV episodes. Crooked law enforcement, gruesome deaths, locating DNA on decomposing bodies, gruesome autopsies... the game's plot stayed pretty true to form.

However, when it comes to the longest 5-hour platinum I have ever played, NCIS killed me. The sheer monotony of NCIS's point-and-click system was about as invigorating as wiping boogers on a signpost at a bus station, then standing there some more, waiting for my nose to grow more boogers so I could do it again. But what do you think?

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...