Rate the trophy difficulty...  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_15.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 1.30

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, I want to give this a 10/10 because it's really hard to sit through this abomination. It's a disappointment if you're an NCIS fan, it's a disappointment if you're a point and click adventure game fan, and if you're a fan of both, that's twice the level of disappointment bestowed upon you. Such was the case for me, and if I could, I would have turned it off and headslapped everyone at Ubisoft for creating this abomination.

But on the other hand, I'm supposed to rate the trophy difficulty, not the difficulty for playing this crap. This game is insanely easy. It constantly holds your hand. The only parts I had even the slightest bit of trouble with were the second and third crime scenes due to some of the items you have to examine being so tiny that you'd be forgiven for thinking they were just part of the floor, desk, or wall textures, and a couple of the GPS tracking mini-games. However, if you have PS Move, you can just turn that on and the GPS mini-games become your bitch. Switch back to the dualshock for everything else though, because the Move controller is far too sensitive for the rest of the game, and there's no sensitivity settings in the options menu.

Beyond that, like I said, it holds your hand all the time. It's constantly reminding you of the controls, so you'll never get stuck because you can't remember how to do something. You can't fail either. Well, you can, but there's just about no consequence for doing so. Most of the mini-games have a set number of caf-pows (basically, lives or retries). If you screw up, you lose a caf-pow. Lose all your caf-pows and you have to restart the segment over. But at most, you'll lose a minute of progress. Maybe two at the deduction boards. Each individual section has its own caf-pow limit when you start it, too. It's not some universal thing. Start comparing fingerprints and you get 2 caf-pows. Start searching phone or e-mail records and you get 2 caf-pows. Deduction boards give you more caf-pows depending on how many deductions you have to make, and you don't lose caf-pows if you put the wrong items together. No, you only lose them if you pick the wrong reason for why the items go together, making it even easier. And again, it's for each individual mini-game. Say you have three fingerprints to compare: each fingerprint comes with its own 2 caf-pows, and if you screw up on one fingerprint, it's only that fingerprint you have to start over on.

As for the trophies, they are all story progression trophies. You cannot miss a single one of them. A trophy for the first of each mini-game type, and you have to do more than one of each to beat the game, so those are all in. Trophies for each crime scene. You can't leave the crime scene until you find everything, so there's more free trophies. And of course, episode progression trophies. Can't miss those either. Every trophy is story related, so just beat the game and you have a new 100% on your profile. And again, since this game holds your hand and has no consequence for failure, getting to the end is easier.

tl;dr: Extremely easy game + every trophy is story related = extremely easy trophies. The only time you might need a guide is to find some of the microscopic clues in some of the crime scenes. Final score? 1/10 I feel like I need to go up all the difficulties in my Sam & Max roadmaps by 2 or 3 points at least to compensate for how low a standard this game set for easy adventure games.

Undoubtedly a 1/10.

No trophy posed any challenge whatsoever. A majority of the game consisted of completing rote (and incredibly easy) mini-games. The game itself, as expected, wasn't great, but I have admittedly played worse. To make the experience slightly more bearable, I'd suggest listening to a podcast (which I did) or music while playing.