Dual Threat Question

dta151

Do you need to create a coach and use him,or can you use a existing coach?I used a existing coach and got the number 1 recruiting class trophy which is a bronze,but not the dual threat.Im not sure if it just glitched or if I have to create a new coach or maybe not simulate some parts.Anybody who has the trophy already know?Any help,thanks

I tried again had the number 1 class and won the bcs title game and still no trophy.There has to be some requirement about this trophy.

Did you play the entire National Championship without simmulating. Turn off auto save so if you don't get it you can reload and try again. Took me two tries to get it. 1st time i simulated NC 2nd time played entire game

I used Bob Stoops(Oklahoma) and accepted a contract on the offseason and did not get the trophy.Maybe I should not sign a extension then and see if that works,but then I think I would have to switch teams.

if you don't sign extension you still stay with current team unless you where in the last year of your contract, shouldn't be though most contracts are for 3 yrs.

i played the kickoff of every game. then super simmed the rest of the game. then i played the whole game in the chpionship game. i got the number 1 recruiting class and got not trophy. i also didnt get the bronze for the recruiting class. the only thing i can think that i did was change the minute length to 1 minute for the championship game. the rest of the season was played on 5 mins.

i did sign the extension. i'l reload and try without doing that

Edited by mag1cst1ck

i played the kickoff of every game. then super simmed the rest of the game. then i played the whole game in the chpionship game. i got the number 1 recruiting class and got not trophy. i also didnt get the bronze for the recruiting class. the only thing i can think that i did was change the minute length to 1 minute for the championship game. the rest of the season was played on 5 mins.

i did sign the extension. i'l reload and try without doing that

I found the easiest thing was just what jmowen's trophy guide suggests:

• Have Oklahoma as your team
  • Create 10 "uber" players each at DIFFERENT POSITIONS and have them all from the state of Oklahoma (I just called mine "Okla Qb, Okla Hb, Okla Rolb, etc." for the names so I could find them in the list easily)
  • Start promising them stuff right away - at least once per phone call - and downplay their number 2 school as well. Make sure to invite them to the campus and offer them a scholarship as soon as you can, too.

By the end of week six, I had 11 5-star players already commited to my team. The A.I. did the rest of the season as far as recruiting and I got all of those recruiting trophies by week 11 of the following season no problem.

I found the easiest thing was just what jmowen's trophy guide suggests:

• Have Oklahoma as your team
  • Create 10 "uber" players each at DIFFERENT POSITIONS and have them all from the state of Oklahoma (I just called mine "Okla Qb, Okla Hb, Okla Rolb, etc." for the names so I could find them in the list easily)
  • Start promising them stuff right away - at least once per phone call - and downplay their number 2 school as well. Make sure to invite them to the campus and offer them a scholarship as soon as you can, too.

By the end of week six, I had 11 5-star players already commited to my team. The A.I. did the rest of the season as far as recruiting and I got all of those recruiting trophies by week 11 of the following season no problem.

thats exactly what i did. i followed his guide. i won the championship and had the top recruiting class. no trophies :mad:

For some reason I had the best recruiting class and won the National Championship with Oklahoma but this trophy didn't unlock. I did however sign the extension so that might of had something to do with it. Because of the recruits I created and signed, I then only had to simulate the next season for another championship and the dual threat trophy unlocked in the offseason.

To get mine to unlock, I did exactly what the guide suggested. I created the prospects, recruited them during the season. When I got about 6 or 7 of them signed, I let the CPU do the rest of the recruiting.

I simmed up to the BCS National Championship game, and then played the entire game (1 min. Qtrs on Freshman make it real easy, no super sim).

Then it went into the Off-Season, and I did not sign the extension, then advanced the week all the way until Signing Day. I then looked at the Top Classes real quick, and then advanced it to the next week, and that's when the Dual Threat popped, along with the Best Class trophy and finally the plat.

• 2 months later...

I won the national championship. Had the top class. I simulate through the weeks after that, I get the best class ever trophy. I then simulated the rest of the way through and nothing. My last save is from week 3 after I won the national championship. I attempted to reload it and simulate it again and I got the same thing. I'm not quite sure what to do about this.

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to confirm previous reports about the contract extension being the cause of the problem. And thanks to whoever figured that out!

I had the same issue that everyone's been talking about:

1. Super simmed the national championship with a win.

2. Simmed to week 13 of offseason and had the #1 class as proven by the 'Best Class Ever' trophy popping.

3. No 'Dual Threat Coach' trophy.

I tried a bunch of different things with no success until I found this thread and the suggestion to not accept the coaching contract extension. Worked like a charm!

When offered the extension, don't even go to view the contract. Simply press circle for the 'back' command and it'll take you straight to the off-season menu.

Edited by ptkush

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got both trophies "Best Class Ever" and "Dual Threat Coach", i used the exact steps in the guide, played and won the BSC champ, did not accept an extension and also simmed until signing day of the off season. Signing day is when they both popped for me.

I had 9 5-star players, 9 4-star players and 7 3-star players in the "Class Ranks" window under recruiting.

Best of luck

• 3 weeks later...

Had no problems getting this trophy, but after reading this I stayed away from the coaches extension offer. Didn't go into that screen and it popped shortly after signing day.

I think the extension resets your coaches "record" and so it doesn't recognize you winning the National Championship in regards to the trophy requirements, but it does the top class because you hadn't gotten that far yet (signing day).

Stay away from coaches extension and you should be fine!

• 3 months later...

Didn't read this thread.

I recruited and actually played the whole season with Miami (gave Jacory a bit of a boost). I was the third recruiting class until week 4 of recruiting when I landed three 4-stars and a 5-star which jumped me up to #1. Finished recruiting and saved.

Advanced to position changes and the Best in Class trophy popped, but Dual Threat didn't. Yet another victim of the contract signature.

• 6 months later...

Honestly, if you guys have tried the method I'm about to say and it hasn't work...it's likely completely glitched, however you can make a save right before the national championship and resim through the stuff 1-2 more times just to see if it works (you can also test different things out (not simming stuff, getting more recruits, etc.)

1. Create 5-10 players, make them 99 overall, from OK (I used names of friends to easy mark them out), ALL different positions. Try to make them positions that aren't as important (Center, D-line, O-Line, LB, etc.) as they won't be as heavily recruited by other schools as compared to say QB or RB.

2. Create a NEW head coach, pick oklahoma head coach position.

3. Make a save before you even start the season, name it something separate from what you are going to be working with, that way if something F's up, you don't have to remake the recruits again.

3a. Turn "Autosave" off, proceed to sim through the games a few at a time (obviously sim through crappy teams (i.e. Baylor, Kansas), and stop at good teams (i.e. Texas A&M, Texas). save over your previous save before these big games, and keep simming. If you lose a game, revert back to the previous save. Check on the recruiting every once and awhile and help if needed, but honestly, it can take care of itself.

3b. Keep "Autosave" on, recruit as best you can, you should be able to get at least 80% of the recruits you made and that alone will give you the number 1 recruiting class (see the guide for more details on that). You can still sim through the games against bad teams, but if you want to be safe, put the quarter length to 2 minutes, and play it on freshman.

4. Keep doing this until the end of the season, stop around week 12 and make sure you are #1 or #2, if not, go into ESPN ---> Scores/Schedule, find when the #1 or #2 play, play the game as the opposite team and crush them. The following week you will have the #1 or #2 spot.

5. Sim to the national championship, save, and either play or sim until you win (don't forget about supersim!)

6. End the season, you will likely be offered a contract extension, DO NOT TAKE IT, I repeat DO NOT TAKE IT, this is what is causing the problem according to most sources (gamefaqs, 360a, etc.).

7. either recruit in the offseason if you don't feel comfortable with how far in 1st you are, or just sim until week 12, it will pop up somewhere after week 8 (most people have said week 11, but mine was earlier).

8a. If the trophy pops, good for you, your done.

8b. If it didn't pop, go back to the previous save before the national championship, play/sim again and win, and sim through 1-2 more times. Make sure you look to see if you are the number 1 recruiting class. If it doesn't work, you are likely just screwed and EA hates you :whistle:.

Hope this helps everyone.

Edited by Nameless600