NCAA Football 12 B!tching Thread

Johnny Bananas

What? This game was frustrating for people? C'mon I find that hard to accept. This game was a piece of cake.

I'm not talking about just trophies. I'm talking about the game in general.

Like for example, when I was playing RTG as my QB. It was the 4th Qtr. with :48 and I was down by 3. No timeouts left. They wanted me to run the ball each play. I was like, WTF dude?! And at the time, I hadn't unlocked the part of Coach Trust that allows you to switch the play at the screen. So yeah, I ended up losing the game.

Another frustrating thing is that the AI can't seem to catch easy passes.

I'm not talking about just trophies. I'm talking about the game in general.

Like for example, when I was playing RTG as my QB. It was the 4th Qtr. with :48 and I was down by 3. No timeouts left. They wanted me to run the ball each play. I was like, WTF dude?! And at the time, I hadn't unlocked the part of Coach Trust that allows you to switch the play at the screen. So yeah, I ended up losing the game.

Another frustrating thing is that the AI can't seem to catch easy passes.

I guess I should have used a sarcastic smiley, huh?

I don't know if this qualifies as an all-out bitching, but the L-O-N-G loading times are PITIFUL in this game. Everytime I see "Finalizing Recruits" for a Dynasty week, I know that I can safely...

1. Cook dinner.

2. Eat dinner.

3. Wash the dishes.

4. Feed the dog.

5. Have a meaningful convo with the girlfriend.

... all while simming to the end of a Dynasty season. I've known MARRIAGES to last for a shorter time than what this game's loading times dishes out. It rivals Sega CD quality load times. :p

Plus, the laggy menus aren't a joy to look at either. I'm getting more and more convinced that EA sits their people down in LATE May and says, "Okay... we gotta get some crap together for the new football games. Go call ESPN, get the rankings and uniform numbers and all that $#!t, put it onto the model for last year's games and VOILA! New game for $60! Oh yeah, and throw in one new team mascot... that'll shut up all the naysayers." :D

I don't know if this qualifies as an all-out bitching, but the L-O-N-G loading times are PITIFUL in this game. Everytime I see "Finalizing Recruits" for a Dynasty week, I know that I can safely...

1. Cook dinner.

2. Eat dinner.

3. Wash the dishes.

4. Feed the dog.

... all while simming to the end of a Dynasty season. I've known MARRIAGES to last for a shorter time than what this game's loading times dishes out. It rivals Sega CD quality load times. :p

Plus, the laggy menus aren't a joy to look at either. I'm getting more and more convinced that EA sits their people down in LATE May and says, "Okay... we gotta get some crap together for the new football games. Go call ESPN, get the rankings and uniform numbers and all that $#!t, put it onto the model for last year's games and VOILA! New game for $60! Oh yeah, and throw in one new team mascot... that'll shut up all the naysayers." :D

Totally agree, wish you could get rid of recruiting part of the game. At least RTG load times went quicker than Dynasty. I Like the new road to glory with the HS schedule and not just the playoffs. Maybe next year you will start out as a freshman in high school and try to make varsity squad.

Off topic: Was it madden where you had to do bench press, 40 yd sprint and couple other things to improve your draft stock? Think game im thinking of is at least 4 or 5 yrs ago. Madden 07?

1. Cook dinner.

2. Eat dinner.

3. Wash the dishes.

4. Feed the dog.

I have to agree with this. I remember when going after the Cool off the Hot Seat trophy that I literally made lunch, ate lunch, and cleaned up after lunch to see the game still simming.

The things that piss me off the most is in the actual gameplay.

I can understand taking out the receiver getting sucked in to the catch (like that aspect) but what about the DB getting sucked in for the interception. I swear I try to lead a receiver on a corner route have it perfect and the DBs beat by 10 yards but low and behold he closes the gap quicker than anyone possible. I'm sorry but the corner route is one of the hardest routes to cover if lead right (one of the main reasons Danny Wuerffel won the heisman for the gators).

Also why is it on a damn sweep the guard pulls but then stops and just stands there instead of leading down field. On the note of OL, not just one time my right tackle went to left side and let DE run right in on pass plays.

Jmowen I completely understand how you feel on the play calling when playing QB and can't change plays during RTG, I would bet they called 10 runs in a row once.

Just one more thing for right now, I promise. Why is it when you do have a receiver open, throw it to him, he doesn't even raise his arms (in RTG). I've hit my receiver in the head 5 or 6 times, and come close to throwing my controller at the tv. Sorry for the rant.

Also why is it on a damn sweep the guard pulls but then stops and just stands there instead of leading down field. On the note of OL, not just one time my right tackle went to left side and let DE run right in on pass plays.

What the hell is with these idiot blockers? I played RTG as an HB and I literally watched my lead blockers time after time run in completely nonsensical directions. I twice watched my right guard run out to block a safety he never quite reached because the ILB and OLB that he ran past converged on my face for a three yard loss by running through the gap he left in the line.

And I too, HATE the auto play-calling. I have found that quick pitch, HB toss, and (depending on the formation) counters are almost certain loss of yards. Also, how the hell do I run 3,621 yards for 43TDs and receive 40 rec for 6 TDs and come in second in Heisman voting to a guy who ran for 1800 yds and 12 TDs?

Piss me off...

Also, how the hell do I run 3,621 yards for 43TDs and receive 40 rec for 6 TDs and come in second in Heisman voting to a guy who ran for 1800 yds and 12 TDs?

Piss me off...

Ooh, ooh!

*raises hand excitedly*

I actually know the logic behind this one: you don't have enough CARRIES to qualify for the Heisman. I ran into this problem myself in one of the other NCAA Football games. Let me guess... you're getting about 4-5 touchdowns per game and the coach takes your player out of the game before the fourth quarter right? Here's whatcha do:

• Try your best to score three rushing touchdowns as early in the game as you can.
  • Now just Super Sim the rest of the game, but keep an eye on the score. If the other team catches up to you, cancel the sim and resume playing to get the lead back (that's important).
  • If your team is comfortably ahead, pay close attention to your running back in the fourth quarter... you'll see him getting 3 and 4 yards per carry snap after snap after snap as your team tries to hold onto the lead and run out the clock. THIS is where you can rack up the carries.

If you score too many touchdowns, the coach will pull you in the 2nd half and you can't rack up any more carries or yards. To win the Heisman comfortably in any of the NCAA games as a running back, you'll need to have a good amount of yards, at least 3 TDs AND about 20+ carries per game. Works every time. :)

I finally opened the game yesterday and played 3 games. 3rd games pissed me off because the game fucking cheats on Heisman difficulty. I dont see how recievers running verts 20 yards downfield are able to see the RB catch the ball in the flat, then immediately cut my conerbacks' legs and take them out of the play. It's bullshit and it needs fixed.

RTG play calling is just stupid. Your team always has to pass the ball 9/10 plays when you are a RB. They also continue to pass the ball even when up big in the 4th. It is so fun being a RB starter and getting 12 carries a game. And you have to love that every time your team gets down to the goal line they take you out.

Also it is just plain lazy by EA that you still cannot pick your players hair and facial hair in RTG.

Edited by TrueLeader7

RTG play calling is just stupid. Your team always has to pass the ball 9/10 plays when you are a RB. They also continue to pass the ball even when up big in the 4th. It is so fun being a RB starter and getting 12 carries a game. And you have to love that every time your team gets down to the goal line they take you out.

Also it is just plain lazy by EA that you still cannot pick your players hair and facial hair in RTG.

I agree with u on that but u can import the player u created into RTG if u wanted too.

Played my first game outside of RTG and noticed a few things. Like mentioned above the CB closing speed is absolute BS. I had the WR wide open and the CB and accelerate at the speed of light and break the pass up.

I hate that EA continues to keep the "Sportsmanship" stat when playing the CPU. Why does EA give a crap if I want to blow the CPU out? I understand if I am playing another real person where the sportsmanship stat could help but playing the CPU? Thankfully there is no trophy for season showdown this year.

I also noticed when blocking down field your players, especially OL, turn into complete morons. They love to go past the closest threat to the RB for someone father down field.

Edited by TrueLeader7

I am now convinced that whoever programmed the play calling by the CPU during RTG is mentally challenged. If my team (Stanford) is up in the 4th the CPU continues to call pass only plays and insists on NOT running the the clock. Now I just had a game vs Washington where we we down 20-21 with 0:51 left in the game. First play was a pass that went to me and I got the ball to mid field. We had one TO left. The CPU then calls 3 STRAIGHT RUN PLAYS and I have to call the last TO with 0:08 seconds left leaving the kicker with an extremely long FG attempt, which he missed. Who programmed the play calling making it complete shit?

I am now convinced that whoever programmed the play calling by the CPU during RTG is mentally challenged. If my team (Stanford) is up in the 4th the CPU continues to call pass only plays and insists on NOT running the the clock. Now I just had a game vs Washington where we we down 20-21 with 0:51 left in the game. First play was a pass that went to me and I got the ball to mid field. We had one TO left. The CPU then calls 3 STRAIGHT RUN PLAYS and I have to call the last TO with 0:08 seconds left leaving the kicker with an extremely long FG attempt, which he missed. Who programmed the play calling making it complete shit?

By any chance when u are up big and when u have the ball did the CPU call all of there 3 times outs during the 3rd quarter and/or when u have called a time out they call one while the game clock is stopped and not running because it has happened to me when it was the 3rd quarter and I had the ball and I was up big and the CPU was so damn stupid and called all 3 times outs.

And there was another occasion where when I called a timeout to stop the clock the CPU wants to be stupid again and call a timeout when the game clock was already stopped by me when I had to call a time out.

And I do agree with u. Whomever made this game must be mentally impaired because the CPU is calling unnecessary timeouts in the 3rd quarter when the CPU shouldn't be. And also calling a timeout when the user already called a timeout to stop the clock.

This is really annoying. And on top of that in the 4th quarter when the CPU has the ball in the final minutes of the 4th they decided they want to act dumb again and run the ball instead of throwing the ball knowingly they are down a TD.

By any chance when u are up big and when u have the ball did the CPU call all of there 3 times outs during the 3rd quarter and/or when u have called a time out they call one while the game clock is stopped and not running because it has happened to me when it was the 3rd quarter and I had the ball and I was up big and the CPU was so damn stupid and called all 3 times outs.

And there was another occasion where when I called a timeout to stop the clock the CPU wants to be stupid again and call a timeout when the game clock was already stopped by me when I had to call a time out.

And I do agree with u. Whomever made this game must be mentally impaired because the CPU is calling unnecessary timeouts in the 3rd quarter when the CPU shouldn't be. And also calling a timeout when the user already called a timeout to stop the clock.

This is really annoying. And on top of that in the 4th quarter when the CPU has the ball in the final minutes of the 4th they decided they want to act dumb again and run the ball instead of throwing the ball knowingly they are down a TD.

I haven't had any problems with timeouts yet. Maybe it is because I call them to try and get a run play called instead of a pass.

Has anyone else noticed if you are playing as an offensive player and are taken out of the game the offense cannot move the ball? When I am in they can move the ball fine even when it isn't going to me but as soon as I get taken out they fail to move the ball. Had a good drive getting the team inside the 20 yard line and then they take me out. They get zero yards the next three plays and miss the FG.

Well looks like I broke the game. Was playing in the National Championship on my RTG RB file. I play for Stanford and we were playing Ohio State. We were up 34-21 with 3 seconds to go. The CPU called a QB knee and Ohio State pissed me off by calling a TO with 1 second left down by 13. I decided to use the pick new play feature you get when the coach trust is up. Picked a run play to give myself one last carry. Ended up breaking it for a TD, and won the game 40-21. It went to the screen where it shows your stats and you can click X to continue. After I clicked X it is now frozen with the camera spanning the field and the score still on the bottom waiting for the PAT. Have tried everything and nothing has worked to finish the game. I just wanted to save the replay of the TD and I can't even do that. Sucks because I had a great game and we kicked Ohio States ass. Looks like I will have to restart.

Well looks like I broke the game. Was playing in the National Championship on my RTG RB file. I play for Stanford and we were playing Ohio State. We were up 34-21 with 3 seconds to go. The CPU called a QB knee and Ohio State pissed me off by calling a TO with 1 second left down by 13. I decided to use the pick new play feature you get when the coach trust is up. Picked a run play to give myself one last carry. Ended up breaking it for a TD, and won the game 40-21. It went to the screen where it shows your stats and you can click X to continue. After I clicked X it is now frozen with the camera spanning the field and the score still on the bottom waiting for the PAT. Have tried everything and nothing has worked to finish the game. I just wanted to save the replay of the TD and I can't even do that. Sucks because I had a great game and we kicked Ohio States ass. Looks like I will have to restart.

lol. almost everyone is having trouble with the game because it freezes.