XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
jay3625

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

The things that piss me off the most is in the actual gameplay.

I can understand taking out the receiver getting sucked in to the catch (like that aspect) but what about the DB getting sucked in for the interception. I swear I try to lead a receiver on a corner route have it perfect and the DBs beat by 10 yards but low and behold he closes the gap quicker than anyone possible. I'm sorry but the corner route is one of the hardest routes to cover if lead right (one of the main reasons Danny Wuerffel won the heisman for the gators).

Also why is it on a damn sweep the guard pulls but then stops and just stands there instead of leading down field. On the note of OL, not just one time my right tackle went to left side and let DE run right in on pass plays.

Jmowen I completely understand how you feel on the play calling when playing QB and can't change plays during RTG, I would bet they called 10 runs in a row once.

Just one more thing for right now, I promise. Why is it when you do have a receiver open, throw it to him, he doesn't even raise his arms (in RTG). I've hit my receiver in the head 5 or 6 times, and come close to throwing my controller at the tv. Sorry for the rant.

jay3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #12
Johnny Bananas

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny Bananas

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 3 Champions - Sharks With Laser Beams   THL Season 3 - Ghost Busters   15,000 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Gold
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3625 View Post
Sorry for the rant.
That's what this thread is for!

I agree 100% on everything you've said.

July 13, 2004 ~ Donate Life ~ April 3, 2013
Johnny Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
SixWingedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3625 View Post
Also why is it on a damn sweep the guard pulls but then stops and just stands there instead of leading down field. On the note of OL, not just one time my right tackle went to left side and let DE run right in on pass plays.
What the hell is with these idiot blockers? I played RTG as an HB and I literally watched my lead blockers time after time run in completely nonsensical directions. I twice watched my right guard run out to block a safety he never quite reached because the ILB and OLB that he ran past converged on my face for a three yard loss by running through the gap he left in the line.

And I too, HATE the auto play-calling. I have found that quick pitch, HB toss, and (depending on the formation) counters are almost certain loss of yards. Also, how the hell do I run 3,621 yards for 43TDs and receive 40 rec for 6 TDs and come in second in Heisman voting to a guy who ran for 1800 yds and 12 TDs?

Piss me off...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #14
Old_Snoova

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixWingedAngel View Post
Also, how the hell do I run 3,621 yards for 43TDs and receive 40 rec for 6 TDs and come in second in Heisman voting to a guy who ran for 1800 yds and 12 TDs?

Piss me off...
Ooh, ooh!
*raises hand excitedly*

I actually know the logic behind this one: you don't have enough CARRIES to qualify for the Heisman. I ran into this problem myself in one of the other NCAA Football games. Let me guess... you're getting about 4-5 touchdowns per game and the coach takes your player out of the game before the fourth quarter right? Here's whatcha do:
  • Try your best to score three rushing touchdowns as early in the game as you can.
  • Now just Super Sim the rest of the game, but keep an eye on the score. If the other team catches up to you, cancel the sim and resume playing to get the lead back (that's important).
  • If your team is comfortably ahead, pay close attention to your running back in the fourth quarter... you'll see him getting 3 and 4 yards per carry snap after snap after snap as your team tries to hold onto the lead and run out the clock. THIS is where you can rack up the carries.
If you score too many touchdowns, the coach will pull you in the 2nd half and you can't rack up any more carries or yards. To win the Heisman comfortably in any of the NCAA games as a running back, you'll need to have a good amount of yards, at least 3 TDs AND about 20+ carries per game. Works every time.
Old_Snoova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
PaulKennedy

I finally opened the game yesterday and played 3 games. 3rd games pissed me off because the game fucking cheats on Heisman difficulty. I dont see how recievers running verts 20 yards downfield are able to see the RB catch the ball in the flat, then immediately cut my conerbacks' legs and take them out of the play. It's bullshit and it needs fixed.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #16
BlackIsraelite

Send a message via AIM to BlackIsraelite Send a message via Skype™ to BlackIsraelite

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I am the only one when I play the game a couple of balls I throw the reciever was right there to catch the ball but they get hit by the ball on the head.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
TrueLeader7

RTG play calling is just stupid. Your team always has to pass the ball 9/10 plays when you are a RB. They also continue to pass the ball even when up big in the 4th. It is so fun being a RB starter and getting 12 carries a game. And you have to love that every time your team gets down to the goal line they take you out.

Also it is just plain lazy by EA that you still cannot pick your players hair and facial hair in RTG.

Last edited by TrueLeader7; 07-26-2011 at 07:16 PM.
TrueLeader7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #18
BlackIsraelite

Send a message via AIM to BlackIsraelite Send a message via Skype™ to BlackIsraelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLeader7 View Post
RTG play calling is just stupid. Your team always has to pass the ball 9/10 plays when you are a RB. They also continue to pass the ball even when up big in the 4th. It is so fun being a RB starter and getting 12 carries a game. And you have to love that every time your team gets down to the goal line they take you out.

Also it is just plain lazy by EA that you still cannot pick your players hair and facial hair in RTG.
I agree with u on that but u can import the player u created into RTG if u wanted too.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
TrueLeader7

Played my first game outside of RTG and noticed a few things. Like mentioned above the CB closing speed is absolute BS. I had the WR wide open and the CB and accelerate at the speed of light and break the pass up.

I hate that EA continues to keep the "Sportsmanship" stat when playing the CPU. Why does EA give a crap if I want to blow the CPU out? I understand if I am playing another real person where the sportsmanship stat could help but playing the CPU? Thankfully there is no trophy for season showdown this year.

I also noticed when blocking down field your players, especially OL, turn into complete morons. They love to go past the closest threat to the RB for someone father down field.

Last edited by TrueLeader7; 07-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.
TrueLeader7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
BlackIsraelite

THe other thing I hate is when the QB takes 5 steps back and when he doesnt see anyone open it takes him forever in a day to go forward to gain some yards and winds up getting sacked and lose some yards.