NBA Unrivaled - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Slamma

NBA%20U%20Header%202.png

Thanks to Savenger for the image!

QUICK NOTE: Personally, I would advise against purchasing this game. I uploaded a video of one game, just so you can get a feel for how bad the gameplay actually is. Check them out here: NBA Unrivaled Gameplay

Overview

NOTE: THIS GAME IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON THE PSN STORE

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10

-Offline: 10

-Online: 2

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-10 hours

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheats

Walkthrough

Step 1: Play through Challenge Game mode

Look at the leaderboard, tap right and find the team that has the lowest score in first place. The gold trophy for this game is being number one on the leaderboard. So you can either choose to be a team with a low score first place team or you can chose to be your favorite team and do your best to beat the person in first. It is definitely safer to go with the team with a lower first place score. Play through Challenge Game mode with the team you have chosen. Go for the following trophies: (B) Bench Time, (B) In the Flow, (B) Above the Rim, (B) Posterized, (S) Double Up, (S) Shooting Clinic. You may also get (S) Buzzer Beater in the later games because you will find that these teams toward the end of the ladder don't miss often! When you finish the ladder and beat the last team, you may or may not get the (G) Lead the League trophy. If you don't get it, find out how many points you need to get #1 on your team's leaderboard. Then go back into Challenge Game mode and play the team that you won to the least by. Win by more! Repeat until you get (G) Lead the League.

Step 2: Play a SHORT Quick Game

If you missed any of the trophies in Step 2, play a Quick Game with fatigue off, subs to manual and only 2 minute quarters. If you have gotten all the trophies from Step 1, move along!

Step 3: Play a LONG Quick Game

Use the East/West All-Stars and play against the Sacramento Kings, or you can use your favorite team and play with whomever. Turn off Fatigue, Subs to Manual and play a 8 minute game. If you want to make a friend suffer with you (:p) you can have him play against you. This should make it a little easier. (Thanks to PKxGHost for the tip!) In one game, focus on getting on one of your players (probably your C or PF) a triple double (10+ points, 10+ rebounds, 10+ assists). It's easy to get the 10 points and assists. When you finish getting these, start shooting 3-pointers and hope your big man gets the rebounds, also rebound with him on defense and you should get the 10 rebounds you need. This will get you (B) Triple Double.

Step 4: Play another LONG Quick Game

Use whatever team you wish that has a good shooter on it. Turn off Fatigue, Subs to Manual and play a 8 minute game. Again, you can have a friend play against you. This should make it a little easier. Now have your best shooter shoot 3's, non-stop. As soon as you make a three, steal the ball away from the other team. You must make the 3's in a row without the other team scoring. This is one of the tougher trophies and may take a few games to get. But you will have (B) From Downtown when you get it.

Step 5: Play Online Matches.

You will need to win 10 games online. It is difficult to find a match on your own with Quick Match, so Create Match will be what you want to use. Or use the Boosting Thread. Win 10 games and (S) Winning Streak is yours!

Trophy Guide

01.jpg (B) - Bench Time

Win by 10 or more.

Start a quick game. Pick your favorite team, or one of the All-Stars and play against a bad team like the Sacramento Kings. Turn off fatigue and put subs to manual. Put the game to 2 minutes long. Dominate. Go for steals and easy dunks.

02.jpg (B) - In the Flow

Score a 3 in momentum.

After you get into momentum by stealing the ball, rebounding and/or blocking, you will go into Momentum. The screen will get bright and rainbow colored. Just have your best three point shooter ready to jack up three constantly. One will go in eventually.

03.jpg (B) - Above the Rim

Complete an alley-oop dunk.

This is actually pretty complicated. When you have the ball and are on somewhat of a fast break with a teammate near you, hold :l2: (which will switch to the closest player) and have him run toward the hoop while holding turbo :r2:. When he gets close to the hoop, press :square:, causing him to jump for the alley-oop. Then release :r2: to complete the play. When you first press :l2:, the nearest defender will come over and attempt to steal it. Since the stealing is so easy, it will take a few tries before you successfully get the alley-oop. Just keep trying and you'll get it.

04.jpg (B) - Posterized

Complete 10 dunks in one game.

Easy. Just hold turbo :l2: and run toward the basket. When you get close a :square: prompt will appear. Press :square: and you will dunk. Do this 10 times.

05.jpg (B) - Unrivaled

Win the challenge ladder with one team.

Complete this and (G) Lead the League in tandem.

Check out the leaderboard to see what team has the lowest scoring #1. Use this team in the challenge mode. Beat all the teams to get this trophy.

06.jpg (B) - From Downtown

Score 3 back to back 3 pointers.

This is the hardest, since 3 point shooting is horrific. Use your best shooter and just keep shooting 3's. If you're lucky he will make 3's. You need to make three 3's in a row without the other team scoring.

07.jpg (B) - Triple Double

Post a triple double (at least 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists) with one player.

Play 8 minute quarters and choose one of your big men to do this. Make 5 dunks, pass the ball to 10 guys who dunk, and then rebound 10. The rebounding is best done by shooting 3 pointers since they rarely go in.

08.jpg (S) - Double Up

Win a game with at least double your opponent's score.

Start a game with 2 minute quarters and score as much as possible by stealing the ball. It should be easy with 2 minute quarters, any higher and the computer will keep up with you.

09.jpg (S) - Winning Streak :tagunobtainable: :tagonline:

Win 10 ranked match games.

Matchmaking is iffy, so I created matches. Just play and win 10 matches to get this. Use the Boosting Thread if you have trouble getting a match.

10.jpg (S) - Buzzer Beater

Win any game with a buzzer beater shot

Keep the game close until the end and then shoot with one second or so less and you should get this.

11.jpg (S) - Shooting Clinic

Make 10 shots back to back.

Make 10 shots in a row, dunks count. Do not shoot 3's since they rarely go in. Just get down court and dunk it. This is the easiest way since it is impossible to miss dunks.

12.jpg (G) - Lead the League :tagunobtainable: :tagonline:

Be #1 on any challenge leaderboard.

Used in conjunction with (B) Unrivaled.

Find out what team has the lowest points for first place and use this team. The points are determined on how much you beat the opposing team by. I used the Bobcats and was able to get on the board in only 2 games.

Edited by Slamma
Spelling

Your Guide is great, but which game mode do i have to play to get each trophy. i got a few playing the challenge mode

My real question is do i have to play challenge mode to the end to get

(B) - Unrivaled

Complete this and (G) Lead the Leauge in tandem.

Check out the leaderboard to see what team has the lowest scoring #1. Use this team int he challenge mode. Beat all the teams to get this trophy.

This trophy is back-to-back. i got three 3 pointers but no trophy i think its because the other team scored once inbetween.

(B) - From Downtown

This is the hardest. I am not completely sure on how to get this. Since 3 point shooting is horriffic. Use your best shooter and just keep shooting. If you're lucky he will make 3's. I am not sure if its supposed to be 3 times making 3-pointers back to back or 3 3-pointers in a row. Leave a comment if you know for sure.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Nice, a roadmap and guide already :) Good luck slamma. Ill be buying this game if its cheap enough. Looking forward to it. Been playing NBA 09 The Inside past few days, and I hate it! This game should be more classic like what Im used to.

Allow me to say, if I can, as a caring PS3 user... DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I cannot stress how bad it actually is. I'll be writing up more in the guide urging people to reconsider, for its poor quality and truly boring and aggravating game play make this one of the worst purchases I've ever made.

Your Guide is great, but which game mode do i have to play to get each trophy. i got a few playing the challenge mode

My real question is do i have to play challenge mode to the end to get

(B) - Unrivaled

Complete this and (G) Lead the Leauge in tandem.

Check out the leaderboard to see what team has the lowest scoring #1. Use this team int he challenge mode. Beat all the teams to get this trophy.

This trophy is back-to-back. i got three 3 pointers but no trophy i think its because the other team scored once inbetween.

(B) - From Downtown

This is the hardest. I am not completely sure on how to get this. Since 3 point shooting is horriffic. Use your best shooter and just keep shooting. If you're lucky he will make 3's. I am not sure if its supposed to be 3 times making 3-pointers back to back or 3 3-pointers in a row. Leave a comment if you know for sure.

To get the (B) Unrivaled trophy you need to beat all of the other 31 teams using your team.

As for the (B) From Downtown, I'm still trying to figure out how to make even one 3 pointer! :p

But seriously. With 3 point shooting as atrocious as it is, I'll be surprised if anyone gets the trophy. I'm still workin on it though.

Allow me to say, if I can, as a caring PS3 user... DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. I cannot stress how bad it actually is. I'll be writing up more in the guide urging people to reconsider, for its poor quality and truly boring and aggravating game play make this one of the worst purchases I've ever made.

To get the (B) Unrivaled trophy you need to beat all of the other 31 teams using your team.

As for the (B) From Downtown, I'm still trying to figure out how to make even one 3 pointer! :p

But seriously. With 3 point shooting as atrocious as it is, I'll be surprised if anyone gets the trophy. I'm still workin on it though.

I get that but for from downtown, you have to steal then score a three pointer and so on, the other team cant score at all and it doesnt roll over to the next quarter so all three shots have to be in the same quarter with the other team not scoring inbetween.

Try shooting directly in front of the basket, thats how i got my three pointers when i tried.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

I get that but for from downtown, you have to steal then score a three pointer and so on, the other team cant score at all and it doesnt roll over to the next quarter so all three shots have to be in the same quarter with the other team not scoring inbetween.

Try shooting directly in front of the basket, thats how i got my three pointers when i tried.

Have you gotten the (B) From Downtown trophy? Or do you know someone who has done it that way? Or is that what your thought is for how to get it? I'll keep working at it.

Have you gotten the (B) From Downtown trophy? Or do you know someone who has done it that way? Or is that what your thought is for how to get it? I'll keep working at it.
I dont have it but i get my three pointers in, but the team scores inbetween, or the quarter ends, so yes thats my thought.

for the unrivaled trophy it doesnt have to be on one go, you can leave and come back to it at another time. i think you know already.

Edited by GODCHILD1020

Trophies seem to work in 2 player btw. At least 1 player from other team just stands there while defending, plus they will never score :) I've gotten 4 trophies in this now.

And...I totally agree that this game is HORRIBLE. I bought it since I grew up with NBA Jam and they kinda described it like it would be like that...but its not. It is a rather horrible gaming experience. 3 pointers hardly exist, dunking is rather boring....the whole thing is disappointing.

Trophies seem to work in 2 player btw. At least 1 player from other team just stands there while defending, plus they will never score :) I've gotten 4 trophies in this now.

And...I totally agree that this game is HORRIBLE. I bought it since I grew up with NBA Jam and they kinda described it like it would be like that...but its not. It is a rather horrible gaming experience. 3 pointers hardly exist, dunking is rather boring....the whole thing is disappointing.

I would imagine trophies would work in 2 player... I'll add that into the guide for all your gamers who wish to make their friends suffer as well :p

• 2 weeks later...

a quick way to get some of these trophies is to do it with a 2nd controller connected, do a quick play, and play a quick 2min quarters game. I just got a few that I had trouble getting during the challenge mode.

Above the rim

From downtown - get ur best shooter, steal from player 2, shoot for 3

Double up

I'm assuming these can be done as well

In a flow

Poserized

Triple double - has been confirmed in guide

Buzzer beater

Shooting clinic

Ok I will also say this game sucks but hey I got to number 1 with the Raptors.

My question is for Unrivaled trophy since I beat every team in challenge mode so all I have to do now is beat the East and West all star teams in quick play?

I think it was answered before but I am still just not quite sure.

Edited by TheDoc87

The difficulty for this game will easily go up to a 9 or even 10 in a couple of months because being #1 on the leader boards will keep going up with all teams, so eventually you will have to beat teams in the challenges by a lot in order to be #1 with a certain team. I personally just got that trophy with the pistons and they had the lowest #1 which was 229, now its 258 thanks to me :p... but good luck to anybody that wants 100% and gets it in a couple of months but for now the difficulty is a 5 or 6 in my opinion

• 2 years later...