Campaign Grind Strategy

SinRG

I'm in the middle of going after the campaign trophies and I found an easier way to get the games done without having to pay much attention.

What you need:

1) A team with a 2 Pt. shooter (rebounding, stealing, and speed are a bonus)

2) A rubber band

3) *OPTIONAL* A 3 Pt. Shooter

What you want to do is make your CPU teammate the good 2 Pt. shooter and make yourself a regular player (or 3 Pt. shooter). Rubber band down the :square: button, and then just sit and watch.

What happens is, your player will lob the ball from your end at your opponent's net. Your CPU teammate will then run down the court, grab the rebound and score. Rinse and repeat over and over again. Make note that you will have to press :cross: during half-time as well as to end the game. Essentially, let your CPU teammate do all the work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/BlazingZeroRaider/Untitled-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/BlazingZeroRaider/IMG_0325.jpg

Edited by SinRG

Wonderful find! I didn't mind working my way through the first campaign a bit at a time over the past few weeks but I was not looking forward to the rest of it! I'm doing it this moment and loving it. James dropped a long 3 just a moment ago. Anyways thanks so much!

I played two full campaigns legit and then moved onto Remix Tour. Once I cleared that, campaign games became sooooooo boring; they were incredibly and horribly easier than the Remix Tour that things became stale and mundane.

Using this method, the most threes I've ever dropped was five using CP3. I've hit four a couple of times with Lebron.

P.S. Don't you just love D-Wade's stats at the end of the game? 52 Points, 38 Rebounds, 27 Blocks.

Yeah, this method is legit. I did just like SinRG said, and the Heat carried themselves through an entire campaign for me. All I had to do was press "X" every so often while I worked on homework. Now I just have 4 campaigns to go, and the reset of the dreaded Remix Tour (because the CPU is cheap).

But certainly an easy Plat. Still wish I would've waited until this game was $20, but I cashed in on nostalgia.

Yeah, this method is legit. I did just like SinRG said, and the Heat carried themselves through an entire campaign for me. All I had to do was press "X" every so often while I worked on homework. Now I just have 4 campaigns to go, and the reset of the dreaded Remix Tour (because the CPU is cheap).

But certainly an easy Plat. Still wish I would've waited until this game was $20, but I cashed in on nostalgia.

absolutly brilliant :D

thank you very much

Haha, you're welcome! I can't imagine playing through all 222 games manually... I love Jam, but that's overkill.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Question to OP (SinRG): How the heck did you even figure this awesome thing out?!

Haha, I started getting bored so I decided to launch the ball from my end for fun, and lo and behold, my CPU teammate kept getting the ball and putting it back in. One thing led to another, and next thing I know, I have a rubber band on my DS3 and I'm off doing homework.

I love NBA Jam, but six campaigns is too much.

I'm glad this method is helping people out (both on PS3 and X360).

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, i have all trophies but the few involved with the campaigns.

i did 2 manually (2 times through is all i usually play any game, so 6 is way too much), but i am doing the rubberbanding square trick on the rest while doing something else...like reading, watching shows on another input or playing okamiden on my ds lite.

i got through 1.5 campaigns like this yesterday and didnt lose once. just had to hit x at half time and between games to get it going again.