Legendary players!...but again missing the biggest...

Smobu

Personally i like playing best with the old legendary players but like in previous versions there is no Michael Jordan!!

I know they got licence issues but since my snes version and now years later I'd think they would have resolved it(like with FIFA and certain players/teams) by now....

Growing up he was the biggest icon in basketball so put in some effort EA!

Anyone else agree with this or just think i'm whiney?

Personally i like playing best with the old legendary players but like in previous versions there is no Michael Jordan!!

I know they got licence issues but since my snes version and now years later I'd think they would have resolved it(like with FIFA and certain players/teams) by now....

Growing up he was the biggest icon in basketball so put in some effort EA!

Anyone else agree with this or just think i'm whiney?

I am also a big MJ fan, but MJ is the reason he is not in the game not EA. Jordan controls his own rights and chooses not to be in the games. He was in 2K11 because they paid him a ton of money.

It's the same reason Barry Bonds was never in baseball games.

I am also a big MJ fan, but MJ is the reason he is not in the game not EA. Jordan controls his own rights and chooses not to be in the games. He was in 2K11 because they paid him a ton of money.

It's the same reason Barry Bonds was never in baseball games.

Yeah it sucks, I think he was in one early arcade version though.

Also I'm 99% sure that Barry Bonds was in All-star baseball 99' on the N64, I played the hell out of that back in the day and used the Giants often.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah it sucks, I think he was in one early arcade version though.

yeah, it's the super rare arcade version where he's in the game as well as gary payton.

jordan not being in the game doesn't surprise me. he hasn't been in any basketball games until 2k11. i think the last one he was in was 2003's nba street vol. 2.

and the only reason he was in that game was 'cause he was actually playing on the wizards. (though it was awesome that they had 3 versions of him in the game)

am very surprised at charles barkley and reggie miller not being in the game.

also a little disappointed that there's no older players in the game i.e from the 70s.

i could've seen jerry west or "pistol" pete maravich being in the game with maxed shooting.

and they could've put david thompson in the game to give the denver nuggets 1 more legend alongside mutombo. he could've had maxed out dunking.

• 4 weeks later...

The GOAT picked up his naming rights from the league pretty early on in his career, so you could only ever find him in games he invested in like Chaos In The Windy City. Luckily EA was able to dole out the cash from '00-'03 for Live and Street then we went Jordanless until 2K11.

• 8 months later...
yeah, it's the super rare arcade version am very surprised at charles barkley and reggie miller not being in the game.

also a little disappointed that there's no older players in the game i.e from the 70s.

Barkley isn't in the game for the same reason. After he came out with Shut Up And Jam he controlled the rights to his likeness and apparently wants a ton of money for it. If you remember, Shaq wasn't in any of the older Jam games except for the original either because they released Shaq Fu and Midway didn't bother paying to keep him.

Barkley's a bit of a pain about it, though. 2K has Barkley's 76ers from his rookie year so they had planned to have him in it, but they couldn't work out a deal so he's just not on the roster. Apparently he wanted to be featured like the 15 legends or something as well. Sucks big time.

Reggie, no idea, but considering he's been absent from a ton of NBA games he's probably holding out as well. Can't really blame EA or 2K for not overpaying for a guy who think he's worth a king's ransom, I guess.

• 9 months later...

Definitely a bummer about Jordan but at the same time I'm kind of glad. He's basically the Ryu/Ken/Akuma of basketball. Amazing but you would sure be sick of seeing opposing players pick him nearly every match.