Road Trip

nastich88

Has anyone finished the road trip campaign yet? (and beaten all of those goddamn Jambots?)

Share your experience, tips & tricks here.

I found the bronze and silver medal matches to be a cake walk, and was generally goofing around with different teams, while trying to rank up as many challenges as possible.

For the gold medals, i suggest you pick Boston, and stick with them for the majority of the matches (except vs San Antonio & vs Houston). Use Bird (player1) in combination with Garnett / or Rondo cpu. Rondo is the king of shoving, and can easily cause disruption, Garnett is great to have for boards, blocks, & alley-oops, you really can't go wrong with either. But the main thing is that, Larry's flawless ranged game will undoubtedly save you a lot of headaches, on the difficulties where dunks are no longer easy to pull off. He literally cannot miss a 3 pointer, especially if you line him up at the bottom left corner of the screen, he's also quite good at stealing the ball, and can occasionally block, just avoid dunking with him. Take advantage of L1 (call for shove), to have your cpu teammate clear the way for an open shot.

Edited by nastich88

i've finished road trip using the lakers. Bryant's sweet spot is at between the left corner and the middle of the 3 point line, and hit almost every shot i took from there. I usually never got blocked either. Just ran up and shot a 3 straight away.

He's great at stealing too, so you can often get the ball back as soon as they play in the ball. His dunking is high, so you can dunk with him easily.

Used Gasol as the second as he's a pretty good blocker/rebounder. I won every game on my first try except for one game while doing this.

There are more than enough challenges to do. I had about 5 challenges at diamond level when i was done with road trip. You will have to play like 120 games which will allow you to get alot of challenges done.

There is a possibility to farm infinite amount of jam (xp) points here. Simply when you get the notification for completing a particular in game challenge, restart the match and redo the challenge/s again (repeat this as many times as you want). When you think you're done, finish the entire match, and the completed challenges somehow will stack. ( do this preferably when you're about to rank up a challenge to platinum or diamond, for more jam (xp) points) ---->invade the jam store--->Save yourself from spending 5$ on the dlc :). It will be great if anyone else confirms this.

They'll show up at the end of the game but I'm pretty sure you will only get the Jam Bucks once, it happened to me earlier.

They'll show up at the end of the game but I'm pretty sure you will only get the Jam Bucks once, it happened to me earlier.

Hmm... it appears you're right (at least for the bronze and silver ones). But i could have sworn that the jam points stacked. :think: I'll do some more testing, to see if this applies to all medals... anyway tnx for the response, i shall remove this potential disinformation from my post.

Edited by nastich88

On a different subject...

Has anyone noticed the weird sounds, like a propeller aircraft, or a formula 1 car, that sometimes appear when you take shots from different positions on the court? I'm almost certain that this sound is an indicator of the player's hot-spot.

Edited by nastich88

On a different subject...

Has anyone noticed the weird sounds, like a propeller aircraft, or a formula 1 car, that sometimes appear when you take shots from different positions on the court? I'm almost certain that this sound is an indicator of the player's hot-spot.

Yeah it is. The Jet engine sound is when you have shot from the players hot spot, the plane sound is when you are close. The players seem to have the same hot spots from the last game also btw. ect. Larry Birds hot spot is right at the top centre of the 3 point line

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...