Server shutdown March 31st

P3hmo6

Do you know if this will affect other trophies besides the obvious online ones? Just wondering because I know you have to sync to servers and I don't think VC is used offline. For instance the Runneth Over trophy requires Obtain a balance of 20,000 VC. So doesn't VC go away if your offline?

I'm sure they won't shut it down. It was supposed to be shutdown in November an its still running if the people are playing they won't shut it down. I think anything that has to deal with online will not be obtainable once and if they shut it down.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, 3/29/14, I tried to start an online assoc., but kept getting 'unable to connect with server' every time, so I think they've been partially shut already.

That is not cool.

I logged into regular versus, & it was fine. I saw there were, unless I read it wrong while drunk, 15k online! Might have been 5k.

I loaded up my 'My Player, ' first time since June '13, & the 'social media' section was empty, hence my feeling they've already partially shut the servers.

Even when I tried joining someones online assoc., I got that above server prompt.

I understand it takes $$ to keep servers up, but this was only last years game!!

An example of that BS is, NFS:The Run is a 2011 game, but servers remain up as online is incredibly active. You can even find players still online in NFS:Hot Pursuit.

What's up, 2k? Your basketball game is unstoppable. I'm sure you made good money on '14. Why disrespect people who still play & want to play last years online? Is it that costly?

Edited by Iceyice
spellcheck!

• 1 year later...

So the servers were shut down after roughly 1 year? Wow, what a bunch of cocksuckers if you considerer I recently obtained the platinum for Call Of Juarez: Bound in Blood which came out in 2009.

Is there any reason for them to shut down the servers at such a dramatic rate besides greed?