NBA 2k12 Online servers closed.

11anthony

According to 2K Sports - 2K Sports Server Status and the manual, NBA 2k12 online is officially closed as of November 1, 2012.

Here is the list of online trophies that can't be obtained anymore:

(B) This One Counts

(B) Back to Back to Back

(B) Lincoln

(B) Hamilton

(B) The Sum of Its Parts

(B) It’s Better to Share

(B) A 2K to Call My Own

(B) Not Your Father’s Association

(S) You’re Officially Hot

(G) Don’t Hate the Player

Edited by 11anthony

According to 2K Sports - 2K Sports Server Status and the manual, NBA 2k12 online is officially closed as of November 1, 2012.

Here is the list of online trophies that can't be obtained anymore:

(B) This One Counts

(B) Back to Back to Back

(B) Lincoln

(B) Hamilton

(B) The Sum of Its Parts

(B) It’s Better to Share

(B) A 2K to Call My Own

(B) Not Your Father’s Association

(S) You’re Officially Hot

(G) Don’t Hate the Player

Thanks for the update. I was going to post this after work, but you beat me to it so thanks :)

Hey P3

I have been heckling 2K into turning back the servers online for at least 1 day as I too only need one win to get the platinum trophy.

Go to 2K's website and submit a request and keep calling them in order to try and get them to put the servers back on, long enough to get the plat for both of us. Please post any results you get from them by replying to this comment.

This is complete bullshit. Did they even give a warning? I wish I can delete all my nba 2k games off my list. 10 had a glitch. 11 +12 servers closed fast. They have stupid grinds. I buy almost every sports game and passed on nba2k13 and will pass forever now. Bring back elite/live series please.

Edited by OlympiakosNYC

It won't hurt to keep trying. I hate 2K. One online win and I get the platinum trophy.

They can't do this. It's ridiculous.

That's just it, they can and they have. 2K Support is worst than useless as I found out to my cost lately when I lodged a complaint about a missing item from my BL2 ULCE. The fact is they do not care about this issue and have likely already started work on next years iteration.

This is complete bullshit. Did they even give a warning? I wish I can delete all my nba 2k games off my list. 10 had a glitch. 11 +12 servers closed before I had a chance to get online trophies. They have stupid grinds. I buy almost every sports game and passed on nba2k13 and will pass forever now. Bring back elite/live series please.

yea i was deleted almost my all games not 100% From my list but seems sony will never put this option not even 0% Games unlike X360

It's bullshit. I was 5.9 seconds away from the online association championship last week, at the free throw line with Boozer and winning by 5, and the 2k servers went offline. They came back on, and when I went to my association it said I was eliminated. I started another association and was waiting for the playoffs. This was my last trophy before plat, and now I am stuck. Screwed again. Sigh. 2k should not have online achievements if they are not going to keep the servers up. I got screwed over with a couple of trophies in 2k11 too.

There has to be a solution. The servers being taken down for 2K12 cannot be final.

We have to get a petition going to turn the servers back on. I mean they supposedly make their games for the customers to play and then they pull moves like that. If they don't then NBA 2K12 was the last 2K game I will ever touch.

I have about 8 2K games already and it's dumb of them to treat loyal customers this way.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why online trophies should not be needed for a platinum trophy, countless users will be given this game for christmas, not even knowing of the fact. The devs sales will continue to bring in money for their companies over the holiday season and after the new year. Its still 2012 the nba season is still playing as 2012 even tho its considered the 2013 season.. Sports games are total bs, ea started this bullshit years ago with their titles and it has since spread, i was assed out of a tiger woods 10 plat and a lotr conquest plat voiding my 100% profile so i feel other users pain when it comes to online trophies and shut down servers!

Wow i am really surprised that they have already taken it down..

wasn't it like in april or so that they took down the 2k11 servers?.. had hoped they would have let it be open until sometime next year.. :-/

AFAIK, 2k11 had an exception. It was suppose to close down around Nov 2011. But 2k decided, for what ever reason to extend the date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Glad I caught this thread. i was about to buy it. Now, not so much. I wonder why they take them down so quick? EA usually has a 2 year shelf life at least.

Nba 2k11 servers closed in July. So one would figure that the same would be true for 2k12 but they pulled the plug because they had some issues with their servers and instead of fixing them they shut down. That's the way you win customers. Ea sports better make a basketball title soon. I'm done with 2k sports.