Online Association TIPS Please HELP

PS3isKing

I know there is a thread about this, but this is for the TIPS part of it.

I started a association on a FRIDAY, and I know I have to wait 21 days for the playoffs to start. I missed my 1st run at it, since I didn't know when I had to play, and lost a playoff game due to the CPU simming the game.

Can you guys tell me that have the trophy how the playoffs work, once I get there, which should be this Friday...

I set the game for speed to be fast with 1 min qts, and 14 games total in the season.

I really want to get this trophy this time around...

Also after winning a playoff game, how long does it take for the other on to start?

Is there a set time where I have to play? so meaning I have to play 4 games total in the playoffs, That will take 8 days to complete?

Well on the day you have your game, you have 6 hours to play that game. If you don't play it within that time, then the game will advacne to the next day and sim your game.

In a day for it was play game 1 at 9:30 am. At 3:30 pm gave advances to off day.At 9:30 pm next game. Once in a while you may get two off days in between series.

Well on the day you have your game, you have 6 hours to play that game. If you don't play it within that time, then the game will advacne to the next day and sim your game.

In a day for it was play game 1 at 9:30 am. At 3:30 pm gave advances to off day.At 9:30 pm next game. Once in a while you may get two off days in between series.

FUCK man, so I have to keep my eyes peeled every day in the playoffs so I don't missed a game. Also what is the best way of not losing in the playoffs. I don't want to have to to this all over again!!!

FUCK man, so I have to keep my eyes peeled every day in the playoffs so I don't missed a game. Also what is the best way of not losing in the playoffs. I don't want to have to to this all over again!!!

Well I played as the Miami Heat, so I just worked the shot clock down and drove to the basket with James. Then I played tight defense, and repeat.

My Association is on April 16th right now. On my schedule the last scheduled game for all teams is April 17th, but the calendar goes to April 21st. Does that mean I have to wait for those gameless days to be simmed as well, or will it start right after April 17th?

The playoff don't start right when the season is over, so if I remember correctly, then they will start the 21st. Just keep an eye out to be sure as its been awhile since I did it.

Well I played as the Miami Heat, so I just worked the shot clock down and drove to the basket with James. Then I played tight defense, and repeat.

The playoff don't start right when the season is over, so if I remember correctly, then they will start the 21st. Just keep an eye out to be sure as its been awhile since I did it.

Mine started April 19th oddly enough. Oh well, just beat Chicago now only four games to go for the trophy hopefully!

Good luck!...as one game the CPU will give you a scare as mines was in the finals against OKC. Durant missed the game winner atthe buzzer.

When the FUCK do the playoffs start? This is by far the most annoying trophy I have ever had to get? It's so fucking stupid and pointless! Fuck, they thing we have no lives and we have to keep checking!! This shit is so stupid!!

Aww man I lost to Dallas in the 1st round!! FUCK MY LIFE! I have 2 other seasons going and almost near the playsoffs! I better not FUCK up this time...

I also started another season today since people on my team sucked in yr 2 of game.

BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO GET THE TROPHY IF I SET DIFF TO ROOKIE? I really need to get the trophy out the way before I do anything else!!

When the FUCK do the playoffs start? This is by far the most annoying trophy I have ever had to get? It's so fucking stupid and pointless! Fuck, they thing we have no lives and we have to keep checking!! This shit is so stupid!!

No it's not. It's really designed to play an online season with your friends. So naturally it would take a little longer. They take into account for people to plans with their friends to play each other or what not.

If you do math, Thug says its take aproximately 513 hours from the moment you start the association. If you do the math, that's exactly three weeks you start the association on the 9th hour. So for example, if you start your association on 1 Jan on midnight, you should check on 24 Jan at 8am. It's not really that complicated.

Speaking of math, I'm on 16 Jan (with an hour to advanced). What day does the playoffs start? I can plan accordingly then.

Edited by grimydawg

No it's not. It's really designed to play an online season with your friends. So naturally it would take a little longer. They take into account for people to plans with their friends to play each other or what not.

If you do math, Thug says its take aproximately 513 hours from the moment you start the association. If you do the math, that's exactly three weeks you start the association on the 9th hour. So for example, if you start your association on 1 Jan on midnight, you should check on 24 Jan at 8am. It's not really that complicated.

Speaking of math, I'm on 16 Jan (with an hour to advanced). What day does the playoffs start? I can plan accordingly then.

When Thug did it was speed on normal, or fast? Also can I get the trophy on Rookie difficult?

It IS stupid because you can't speed it up if needed, like you were able to with NBA 2K7 and 2K8. Hell, those ones you could even pick a winner between people if someone couldn't make the game's scheduled date or whatever. Online Association mode this year is just the stupidest thing I've seen from 2K Sports, and that's REALLY saying something.

I mean, I was in a 14 game league with 30 people and everyone finished their games within a matter of days. Having to wait over three weeks to play again is just "epic fail" as the kids would put it.

Anyways, my Online Playoffs started on April 19th. It's been going play a game, wait six hours real time, then play another, etc etc etc. I just beat the Pistons to make the NBA Finals, so hopefully in 11 hours or so I'll have this ridiculous trophy.

It IS stupid because you can't speed it up if needed, like you were able to with NBA 2K7 and 2K8. Hell, those ones you could even pick a winner between people if someone couldn't make the game's scheduled date or whatever. Online Association mode this year is just the stupidest thing I've seen from 2K Sports, and that's REALLY saying something.

I mean, I was in a 14 game league with 30 people and everyone finished their games within a matter of days. Having to wait over three weeks to play again is just "epic fail" as the kids would put it.

Anyways, my Online Playoffs started on April 19th. It's been going play a game, wait six hours real time, then play another, etc etc etc. I just beat the Pistons to make the NBA Finals, so hopefully in 11 hours or so I'll have this ridiculous trophy.

You pretty much proved what I said earlier and thanks for the answer....

You pretty much proved what I said earlier and thanks for the answer....

D'oh, my bad! I forgot to add after we finished playing the regular season we wanted to start playing the playoffs right away instead of waiting three weeks for absolutely nothing. It's just silly in the older games you had the CHOICE and now that was taken away.

OMFG!! Please tell me something,,,when the servers are down, does the time keep going in the on-line ass, I had to play against a team and when I went to try to play, the servers have been time out. With my luck the game will SIM, and I will get the L, and have to start this shit all over again!! I swear if this happens, I going to rip Ronnie a new asshole!

• 2 weeks later...

just a question, i have got every trophy for nba 2k12 besides winning online association. i started the association on 1st or 2nd january and i have played my 14 games and i got 10-4, now how do i know when to check when my playoff game is? coz i dont want to miss my first round playoff game and lose so i want to play it so how do i know when that is coming up?

just a question, i have got every trophy for nba 2k12 besides winning online association. i started the association on 1st or 2nd january and i have played my 14 games and i got 10-4, now how do i know when to check when my playoff game is? coz i dont want to miss my first round playoff game and lose so i want to play it so how do i know when that is coming up?

I'll let you know a general idea to start because I'm on the last week ATM. I'm on 17 April, with about an hour to advance as I'm writing this.

OK. Just got back from school/work/picking up kids and it looks like the playoffs start on 19 April. At least it did for me. I just played my first playoff game and I advance in about 15 minutes, as I'm writing this. I'll let you know what happens.

ok thank you. let me know what happens. btw where do you check where you are (as in date)

You should be able to check your dates on the top left on your association. If you started your association on basically New Year's Day, your playoffs should start around the 22-24 Jan time frame, based on the trophy guides description. It says like around 513 hours. If you do the math, that's exactly three weeks, on the 9th hour. So say you started the association on midnight on 1 Jan. Your playoffs should start on 24 Jan on 9AM. Check around that day.

Edited by grimydawg

OK. Just got back from school/work/picking up kids and it looks like the playoffs start on 19 April. At least it did for me. I just played my first playoff game and I advance in about 15 minutes, as I'm writing this. I'll let you know what happens.

You should be able to check your dates on the top left on your association. If you started your association on basically New Year's Day, your playoffs should start around the 22-24 Jan time frame, based on the trophy guides description. It says like around 513 hours. If you do the math, that's exactly three weeks, on the 9th hour. So say you started the association on midnight on 1 Jan. Your playoffs should start on 24 Jan on 9AM. Check around that day.

thank you so much and congrtz coz u pretty much have the trophy. Just checked the date of my association it says 25 january so i still got a while before my playoff game. and its certain im in playoffs coz i got the accomplishment for making playoffs.

Ok jjust checked up on my online association progress its the start of march so the playoffs are nearing. with just a month and half away cant wait for this plat probably about 4-5 more days till playoffs and about 7-8 days for platinum :D

Edited by curryboy14