My Player Thread

TheDoc87

This thread is discuss whats is going on in your My Player career. You can brag about your success or complain about how your AI teammates are screwing you over.

Well my career has gone so-so. Being drafted by the Jazz was a huge mistake. My AI Jazz teammates sucked! I was scoring nearly 30 points a game as a PG and we still lose. Worst part they couldn't help me with assists. I made a trade request to either the Heat or Lakers, and was traded to the Lakers. Much better with the Lakers. Scoring down to 24 a game, but now averaging 7 assists thanks to Kobe and Pau.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting drafted to the Suns, I asked to get traded to the Heat/Magic, and got traded to the Hawks, on a 2-8 losing streak.. :facepalm:

So after the required 5 games I requested a trade again, and finally got traded to the Magic. However, they traded Dwight howard away for some reason. :( Although we did get Kevin Durant, but since I'm an offensive PG, we didn't really need another shooter, the better D would have been better. But w/e. Best in the conference atm, which I'm happy about.

Drafted to Jazz and I love the team. We went 41-41 first season 7 seed. Won NBA championship. My averages were low first season. So far in second season we are 20-3 and I am averaging 31 points 6 reb 9 ast and 4.5 steals for my SG. Leading league in points, assist, and steals.

Lmao, I got drafted by the Jazz too!

It got so bad I requested a trade to Miami. They traded Wade for me. About four games later, Lebron gets traded to Orlando for Howard. Two games after that, Bosh gets traded and I get John Salmons.

I play 5 minute quarters for regular games, and 12 minutes for 2x games. This season I'm just focusing on scoring and offense, particularly 3 PTs. I dropped 21 threes during one of my 2x games and scored 69 points. For regular 5 minute games, I score about 35-45 points.

The Jazz teammates blow, I'm so happy I have Dwight Howard now. His defence is amazing.

Guys i know i may sound noob or somthing but what does AI stand for because i thought it meant Allen Iverson in NBA. Dont know any other meannings of AI.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/443/curryboy14.png

AI means artificial intelligence. Talking about our computer teammates.

The Lakers traded Bynum and Steve Blake for Dein Harris and myself. The team made only one more trade for Jordan Crawford, but only traded a draft pick.

Kobe is awesome as a teammate. The guy is great for a PG. So many assits I have made in my career have gone to him. Gasol helps as well.

My Player Mode is going pretty well. I haven't finished a season yet since I play 12 minute quarters and I play every game. I'm a 6'11 center and was drafted by the Golden State Warriors

I'm halfway through the season. I average 70 points a game (I broke the record for most points in a game 3 times :dance:), 11 rebounds, 3.2 blocks, 1.2 steals. I'm leading the league in points, rebounds, and blocks. David Lee use to be the rebound leader but he and Ellis were traded for Crawford and Smith. Now Smith is second in rebounds. If the season ends well, I'll have 8 of the 10 requirements for the Hall of Fame. Then I'm gonna start simulating more.

I know! Why the fuck did my Magic team trade him away.. :| The AI seems to make strange trade decisions.

The CPU makes too many trades imo; well, too many "big name" trades. The Pacers had traded away Danny Granger to the Raptors for DeRozan and Calderon.

The Heat traded away Chalmers and Bibby for some random SF; didn't make much sense.

i am going pretty bad i am an athletic PG for the suns, not a starter and my stats are. 12ppg, 5apg, 2 spg. If i were i started i could boost those stats so much i barely get to play. When i do get to play i only go as bloody SG and my shooting stats arent for a SG.

Any tips on how to improve my stats as a PG? Im hoping i can request a trade to lakers thats what i did in 2k11 and i was starter straight away because derek fisher is like 37 years old. He peaked long ago.

PLEASE CAN YOU GUYS JOIN MY ONLINE ASSOCIATION ITS CALLED "Dont hate the player" (NAMED AFTER TROPHY) AND THE PASSWORD IS basketball, i'll join yours just lemme know.

Edited by curryboy14

2K made it tough to be a pure passing point guard in your rookie season. Passes get deflected/intercepted often, and your teammates don't take it to the hole as easily as they did in 2K11.

Best thing to do is focus on being a primarily dominating shooting PG in your first season. Focus on passing and assists in the second season once you're a higher overall player and have extra attributes to spend.

I'm 71 overall (PG, 97 in 3PT) and score about 70-80 points a game in 12 minute games and 40-55 points in 5 minute games, always get A+ ratings, and always win.

2K made it tough to be a pure passing point guard in your rookie season. Passes get deflected/intercepted often, and your teammates don't take it to the hole as easily as they did in 2K11.

Best thing to do is focus on being a primarily dominating shooting PG in your first season. Focus on passing and assists in the second season once you're a higher overall player and have extra attributes to spend.

I'm 71 overall (PG, 97 in 3PT) and score about 70-80 points a game in 12 minute games and 40-55 points in 5 minute games, always get A+ ratings, and always win.

thats heaps good advice, was just thinking i needed a bit of assits to get some votes for all star since for hall of fame you need to be an all star 5 times. If i was all star since rookie that would mean 5 seasons and in 5 seasons the hall of fame requirements are easily acheivable.

The thing is i have been putting my skill points on shot medium and layup since i always cherrypick. My 3pt is only like 50 coz im a athletic PG not shooting PG you think this rookie year should boost up 3pt shot?

Is that why you get lots of points?

PLEASE CAN YOU GUYS JOIN MY ONLINE ASSOCIATION ITS CALLED "Dont hate the player" (NAMED AFTER TROPHY) AND THE PASSWORD IS basketball, i'll join yours just lemme know.

Edited by curryboy14

i been going pretty decent in my player now, played about 15 games. Broke the record for most points scored in history for the suns and the most fg's made. With 66 points and 30 fg's. But thats nohthing on you SINRG, anyway. Last game i got a five by five and a double double. Stats were 31 pts, 10 assists, 5 blocks, 6 rebounds and 7 steals.

Yet funnily enough only got an A, havent acheived an A+ yet coz i always try steal the ball so i get reach in foul if i lower my fouls i get A+ easy.

In league leaders (Im PG) im first in pits, steals, blks, 7th in assists.

my stats are: 30ppg, 4 apg, 3spg, 3bpg, so i think thats a fair good stats for rookie year for a pg for suns especially for not a starter?

any comments?

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/993/curryboy14.png

You don't even need good stats to get Rookie of the Year. There's only like 2 other rookies to compete against, and 1 of them is likely to be in the D-League for most of the season.

My Player Mode is going pretty well. I haven't finished a season yet since I play 12 minute quarters and I play every game. I'm a 6'11 center and was drafted by the Golden State Warriors

I'm halfway through the season. I average 70 points a game (I broke the record for most points in a game 3 times :dance:), 11 rebounds, 3.2 blocks, 1.2 steals. I'm leading the league in points, rebounds, and blocks. David Lee use to be the rebound leader but he and Ellis were traded for Crawford and Smith. Now Smith is second in rebounds. If the season ends well, I'll have 8 of the 10 requirements for the Hall of Fame. Then I'm gonna start simulating more.

Wow - 70 points a game. I only average 31 a game on 12 minute quarters. I play point guard for the Magic. What skills/attributes are you improving for your center?

Thanks

Wow - 70 points a game. I only average 31 a game on 12 minute quarters. I play point guard for the Magic. What skills/attributes are you improving for your center?

Thanks

yeah im like you rnoles02, but i got some tips they said that make your first season (rookie season) about just getting points. Like improve your 3PT and take 3's and you will have heaps more points. I can get about 66 in 12 min quarters and i dont take any 3's. Im improving it now and its about 65 so i start taking 3's when its around 80. Also cherrypick for quick secure points.

Thanks

Well when I started, I pumped points into Shot Medium (since my 3PT cap is gonna be low) and I maxed it out at 90. Then I put points into Vertical to help me jump a bit. Then I kind of put it into whatever I felt like, such as rebounding and blocks so I can get high stats in those areas.

Pretty much once you get use to shooting in 2K12, just mash on :cross: so your teammates pass to you, and you can score every basket.

In the past 10 games, I'm averaging 95 points. Most of them are 2 pointers, with occasion free throws in there.

Well when I started, I pumped points into Shot Medium (since my 3PT cap is gonna be low) and I maxed it out at 90. Then I put points into Vertical to help me jump a bit. Then I kind of put it into whatever I felt like, such as rebounding and blocks so I can get high stats in those areas.

Pretty much once you get use to shooting in 2K12, just mash on :cross: so your teammates pass to you, and you can score every basket.

In the past 10 games, I'm averaging 95 points. Most of them are 2 pointers, with occasion free throws in there.

that is remarkable at the momment (as a PG for suns) i have put shot close, shot inside and shot medium to 80 and now what ever points im getting im putting into 3PT so i can increase the amount of points i get. I am averaging about 30-40 points a game if i attempt at getting 10 assists a game. Thats my goal because my teammate steve nash is leading in assists i wanna be top in asssits points.

that is remarkable at the momment (as a PG for suns) i have put shot close, shot inside and shot medium to 80 and now what ever points im getting im putting into 3PT so i can increase the amount of points i get. I am averaging about 30-40 points a game if i attempt at getting 10 assists a game. Thats my goal because my teammate steve nash is leading in assists i wanna be top in asssits points.

Don't worry about it. When you become a starter, the Suns will trade away Nash.

Lmao, I got drafted by the Jazz too!

It got so bad I requested a trade to Miami. They traded Wade for me. About four games later, Lebron gets traded to Orlando for Howard. Two games after that, Bosh gets traded and I get John Salmons.

I play 5 minute quarters for regular games, and 12 minutes for 2x games. This season I'm just focusing on scoring and offense, particularly 3 PTs. I dropped 21 threes during one of my 2x games and scored 69 points. For regular 5 minute games, I score about 35-45 points.

The Jazz teammates blow, I'm so happy I have Dwight Howard now. His defence is amazing.

Oh yes same here I too got drafter by the Jazz and it became a nightmare.

The AI can be really stupid too.

Edited by BlackIsraelite

Don't worry about it. When you become a starter, the Suns will trade away Nash.

OMG i just got traded to the sacremento kings. Because i forgot i had requested a trade earlier to lakers. And bloody steve nash got traded their too. OMG!!!! i hate this the kings suck and i forgot i had auto save on so it saved but even if i didnt save it after the game anyway it would have traded !!! OMG WHY DID STEVE NASH HAD TO COME TO KINGS ASWELL!

Im gonna request a trade somewhere else.

BTW GUYS I CANT BOOST AS A CERTAIN SOMEONE SUSPENDED ME FOR HARRASSMENT