NBA 2K12 - Road Map and Trophy Guide

diabolix

http://i.imgur.com/kQ19Hc8.png

If you have found this guide to be useful and are thinking of joining this forum as a result, please give us a referral upon signing up.

Overview

Estimate difficulty: 7.5/10

Offline: 41 (34 (B) 4 (S) 3(G))

Online: 8 (7 (B) 1(S)) Requires access to the 2K servers

Approximate time to platinum: 500+ Hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 4+ Seasons of My Player, 1 Season of Creating a Legend, 1 Season of offline Association, 15 NBA's Greatest challenges, 10+ Online versus games, 1 Season online of Association, 1 online team-up game, numerous play now games.

Missable trophies: 1, Dawn of an Era

Glitched trophies: None

Cheats disable trophies: N/A

Difficulty affect trophies: Yes, G Prime requires you play on Hall of Fame difficulty, and MyPlayers trophies require you play at least on Pro difficulty.

All Non-Simulated Game trophies can be attained by using two controllers and using moving sliders in your favor.

Trophy Breakdown: 41(B) 5(S) 3(G) 1(P)

As of November 2012, 2K Sports has shutdown the online servers, making the platinum (The Whole Shebang) unattainable. If you have earned the following trophies listed below, then theplatinum is still attainable.

Introduction

Do you love to play basketball? If so, welcome to 2K Sports annual edition of the number one selling NBA video game NBA2K12. Last year, you got to play as Michael Jordan and relive some of his classic moments, but this year 2K has up it a notch with the addition of some of the greatest NBA stars to ever play the game from Dr. J, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and many others. This year's edition, just like NBA2K11, puts a great emphasis on creating your very own player and controlling your player as you work your way as a can't miss prospect to becoming a Hall of Famer through the improved My Player mode. Following the road map and trophy guide below should help you The Whole Shebang (P)

Roadmap

Step 1:

When you first start up the game, you are given the opportunity to create your own My2K account. Simply follow the directions and A 2K to Call My Own will pop.

Step 2:

First you are going to want to create/join an Association Online to unlock Not Your Father’s Association. If you create an Association online, make sure to set the difficulty to rookie, each playoff round to one game, quarter length to 1 minute, and season length to 14 games. Win the league to unlock Don't Hate the Player. This step is suggested early because if you choose to create your own association, there's a time you must wait before being able to play as well as time that must you must wait for the computer to finish simulate unfinished games and allow the association to progress to the playoffs. This means you can do other trophies while you wait for the league to start or finish.

Under the fastest simulating (where 3 hours = 1 day), and including the 6 hour wait before an association starts, the total wait time is 513 hours.

Step 3:

If you are going to play against the CPU and want to help in making getting the Non-Simulated game and the 15 NBA's Greatest challenge trophies easier, then it is best to now go and edit game sliders. From the Main Menu > Options > My NBA > Game Sliders. Here you are going make all USER Settings for Offense, Defense, and Attributes to 100. Change all CPU settings for Offense, Defense, and Attribute to 0 along with Fouls for Shooting foul frequency to 100 to help with 4-Point Line. When you exit game sliders by pressing :circle:, the game game should save. If the game doesn't save, then Main Menu > Options > Load/Save > save Game sliders. You MAY need to load sliders each time you start up the game.

Step 4:

All Non-Simulated game trophies can easily be attained by adjusting gameplay settings to favor the user to 100 and the CPU to 0. You MUST have the quarter length be at least 5 minutes to earn trophies. If you are struggling even with adjusted sliders, then you can use an extra controller to control the opposing team. Some Non-Simulated game trophies will require you to change other gameplay settings such as 4-Point Line to increase shooting foul frequency to 100. Be sure to play at least one game with Oklahoma City Thunder and score 48 points with Kevin Durant to unlock G Performance, when going for other Non-Simulated trophies. All Non-Simulated trophies should take you no more 2 games to earn, and after two games you should earned:Buzzer Beater, Trip-Dub, Dub-Dub, Five by Five, It's Raining, Block Party, Men of Steal, Swat and Swipe, Smothering, Giveth and Taketh Away, Hold the Fat Lady. Wire to Wire, 4-Point Line, G Prime, The Closer, G Performance, and G Recovery.

Step 5:

There 15 memorable games to play featuring some of the greatest players to grace the game of basketball. All you have to do is win each game. By the time you finished all 15, you will have unlocked Made My Name, Left my Mark, and Wrote My Legend.

You can earn these trophies by playing 1 minute quarters if you want these trophies quickly. To do so go to Main Menu > Options > My NBA > Gameplay > Quarter Length

Step 6:

There are 3 offline The Association mode trophies. All three of these trophies require you to actually play a majority of games. It is best to pick a really strong team, or a team you’re comfortable with. If you want an easier time with this mode, then you can edit the chosen team so that every player has a 99 rating.Streaking requires you have to win 5 games in a row that you play. For Home Court you have to play at least 30 games and you have to play the game that clinches you the best record. Finally play and win every playoff game to unlock Ticker Tape.

Step 6:

Time for some more online play. This time you are going after both the Versus and Team-up trophies. First, in the online main menu select the second option “Quick Team Up Match”. Select this option and wait for the server to find 10 people. They will put everyone into a match, with each person controlling a specific player. Finish the game, win or lose, and the The Sum of Its Parts is yours.

Second, you will be trying to obtain 5 straight Versus wins and 10 overall wins. To access online play head from the Main Menu > Online. Select Quick Match and you will be matched up with another user. You should have the following unlocked: This One Counts, Back to Back to Back, You're Officially Hot, Lincoln, and Hamilton.

Step 8:

From the main menu you want to go to My Player and create your player you will use to accomplish all the My Player trophies: Dawn of an Era, Money Bags, Check!, Come Fly with Me, NBA Cares, My Player of the Game, My Every Day Player, I'm Worth It, My Big Eight-O, My All-Star, and Immortality. You are forced to play on Pro difficulty with no custom sliders. In the games you play, the game will give you a goal to accomplish (1 offensive, 1 defensive, and average a certain teammate grade). Being successful in goals will give you key skill points to use on your player. If you play in a "Key Game" then all "Key Game" goals are doubled. There will be many games you need to play called "Key Games," which are if you're in a MVP race with a group of players, chance at improving your shot at winning your division, playoff race, key game against your rival, and playing against a top player at your position.

I suggest you play your first two-three seasons to increase your overall abilities with only a little bit of simming as you will want a chance to sign a multiyear contract worth at least 10 million a year to earn I'm Worth It. In games you sim, you earn less skill points and games you play you can earn a multitude of skill points. If you sim, there are times when the game will stop simming, and make you play a Key Game. You CANNOT sim Key Games.

Throughout your My Player career you will need to meet 10 of the 15 career goals. Then once you have met these goals, go to career decisions and retire and you will enter the Hall of Fame to unlock Immortality. This will take you at least 4 seasons. Expect all My Player trophies to be very time consuming.

Also, when purchasing the Michael Jordan dunk package (for Come Fly With Me) or the donation for NBA Cares, you can turn autosave off, purchase the item, get the trophy, and quit and return to your career afterwards. You will retain the trophy and the money

Step 9:

From the Main Menu > Game Modes > NBA: Creating A Legend (CAL). CAL is just like MyPlayer just this time you are using an actual NBA Player. Best to edit a player like Lebron James to overall 99 and use him. The goal here is become MVP to unlock Shooting Star. Using the information under Shooting Star in the trophy guide will help you to play the least amount of games (though you will need to play Key Games) and you should win MVP your first season easily.

Step 10:

Time for clean-up. Now is the time to go after any trophies you have missed such as Buzzer Beater or Sprite Slam Cam. This is also the time to get the miscellaneous trophies out of the way such as It's Better to Give, Hey Mr. DJ, and Another Day, Another Win as most these trophies can be access from the Main Menu > Features > and select the corresponding menu.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platinum Trophy

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/01.jpgThe Whole Shebang (P)

Earn every trophy in NBA 2K12

Earn every other trophy in the game to unlock this one!

My Player Mode Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/40.jpgBirthday (B)

Create-a-player

From the main menu, go to My Player, and simply create your player. The trophy will pop

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/02.jpgDawn of an Era (B)

Get drafted as a lottery pick in the NBA draft in My Player Mode

To get this trophy, you need to be drafted early. Picks 1 to 14 are considered to be lottery picks. In the Rookie Showcase (which happens immediately after creating your character), try to get good statistical scores, and a good teammate grade. After the game is the interview process. 3 teams will interview you, and you have to answer questions they ask. These questions impact how the teams perceive you, and affects when you are drafted. The club will mention what their draft number is, so you’ll want to answer positively to attract them to pick you.

As a reference, I got 20 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block in my Rookie Showcase. I then answered every question positively. In the draft report, it said that I had a positive attitude and was very coachable. I went 11th in the draft by Golden State.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/03.jpgMoney Bags (B)

Purchase 3000 skill points in a single transaction in My Player Mode

When you are in My Player Mode, access the menu and go to My Player > My Purchases. The first thing you should see is that you can buy skill points. 3000 skill points will cost you $3 million. You earn money every 2 weeks during the season based on your contract. It is unlikely you will not be able to purchase this during your first year. Save up, and when you buy 3000 skill points at once, the trophy will pop

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/04.jpgCheck! (B)

Complete all 3 in-game objectives in My Player Mode

When you play any game in My Player Mode, there will be a list of objectives (one offensive, one defensive, and one teammate) that the game will ask you to complete to earn bonus SP (skill points). Simply complete all of them to obtain this trophy. You can restart a game to obtain a different set of objectives, but if you simply play through your season normally, you will eventually get a set that you will be able to complete.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/05.jpgCome Fly With Me (B)

Purchase Michael Jordan’s dunk package (His Airness) in My Player Mode

In My Player Mode, under My Purchases is a category called “Signature Moves”. Under the “Dunk” category, purchase Michael Jordan's dunk, which costs $5 million, and the trophy will pop

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/06.jpgNBA Cares (B)

Make a donation to the NBA global community outreach initiative in My Player Mode

In My Player Mode, under My Purchases is a category called “Activities”. The second category is called “Charitable Contribution”, select and pay for NBA Cares to obtain the trophy. It will cost you 20% of your annual salary, so it is suggested you go for this trophy during your rookie season.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/07.jpgMy Player of the Game (B)

Be named Player of the Game (in an NBA game) in My Player Mode

In a game with your NBA team, you need to perform outstandingly and win the game. To perform outstandingly, simply score the most points or get a double-double or triple-double. It also helps if you have a good teammate rating, and if you were doing better than your matchup (which is the person that plays your position on the opposing team)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/08.jpgMy Every Day Player (B)

Become a starter in the NBA in My Player Mode

To become a starter for your NBA team, aim to get a good teammate grade. Aim to get an A+, which shouldn’t be too hard. Take good shots, set picks, have good ball movement, etc. Also, you will need good stats (points, assists, rebounds, etc.). If you want to speed this process up, try to get drafted to a team where a star player isn’t playing the same position as you. For example, if your player is a center, you would want to be drafted by Memphis Grizzlies rather than Orlando Magic, as Dwight Howard is a far better player than Marc Gasol.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/09.jpgI’m Worth It (S)

Land a contract that pays at least $10M per season in My Player Mode

You will need to play at least 4 seasons in My Player Mode to get this trophy. When drafted as a rookie, you will be put into a contract that is non-negotiable. After this contract is over (including the team option year), you will be able to negotiate a big contract. Try to play outstandingly (get good stats, get good teammate grades), and do whatever you can to raise your popularity (such as donating to NBA cares). If you don't receive an offer close to $10M, then it's best to take any one year offer, and play an amazing season so that the next time around, you can get the contract you desire.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/10.jpgMy Big Eight-O (B)

Earn an 80 overall rating in My Player Mode

To get an 80 overall, you need to simply upgrade your player’s attributes. It can vary when you get this achievement, but it shouldn’t take more than 2 seasons (1 season is very likely). Set the games in My Player Mode to 12 minutes so you can get a lot of playing time. Try to get as many points, rebounds, and blocks as possible as that will mean more skill points. Always aim for an A+ teammate grade and to complete the 3 in-game objectives. Also, try to play your best on key games that have a x2 multiplier. Also, mental attributes seem to boost your player’s overall significantly while being relatively inexpensive to buy. You may want to get those, but with the amount of games you need to play to get the platinum, this trophy will come naturally.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/11.jpgMy All-Star (B)

Be named an NBA All-Star in My Player Mode

To become an All-Star, you need to have good stats and high popularity in the league. You can use your money earned from contracts to improve your popularity by donating to charities. To have good stats is to simply play well in your games. If you set your games to 12 minutes quarters and simulation to 5 minutes quarters, your stats should look far better than your competition. You must also play in the All-Star game for the trophy to pop; being a bench player and not playing will not earn you this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/12.jpgImmortality (G)

Make the Hall of Fame in My Player Mode

To enter the Hall of Fame, you need to complete 10 of 15 objectives and then retire your player. The goals below are for a center, and will differ depending on your position:

1. Score 20000 career points

2. Record 5000 career rebounds

3. Record 2000 career blocks

4. Get selected to 5 All-Star Teams

5. Win the MVP Award

6. Win an NBA Title

7. Make the Playoffs 4 times

8. Make the Conference Finals 2 times

9. Win Scoring Title

10. Lead League in rebounds at end of season

11. Lead League blocks at end of season

12. Finish season in Top 10 for Scoring, Rebounds, and Blocks

13. Get 50 A+ Teammate Grades

14. Break a Single Season Record (Pts, Reb, Ast, Stl, Blk, 3PT)

15. Record 750 career double-doubles

You want to consider which requirements are long, which are difficult, and which are both. It is in your best interest to avoid those ones. An example of how to go about this decision process is outlined in the next paragraph

Considering the requirements for a center, the difficult requirements to avoid are: #11, #12, and #14 (for steals, assists, and blocks). The longest ones are: #1, #2, #3, #4, #7, and #15. That means you should focus on getting: #5, #6, #8, #9, #10, #13, and #14 (for scoring). Once you have these, the next easiest and fastest ones are likely to be #4 and #7. Continue in that fashion until you get 10 out of 15 requirements completed.

In your first season, turn your quarter to 12 minutes, while turning simulation quarters to 5 minutes. This will help ensure that you have better stats than most of the league and your only competition are your fellow teammates, which will help with scoring titles or leading the league in a specific stat.

Once you finish this, you can start simulating seasons by choosing to play the next key game, rather than the next game. This will reduce the amount of time you need to play by a large deal. Use this to speed through season and collect whatever you need to get into the Hall of Fame. Now is an appropriate time to change simulation time to 12 minutes.

In my experience, a center is probably the fastest at getting into the Hall of Fame. Have the center good at midrange jumpers, blocks, and rebounds. If you play well, you should have #5, #6, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, and #14 by the end of the first season.

Tip from j4stringthang:

This uses the same method as Shooting Star. Set every NBA player to a 25 rating by decreasing their stats, and move every star player with your position to the Hornets. Then, make your way to the Bobcats somehow, so that there are only 2 key games per season. In your rookie year, you should be dominant enough to net several Hall of Fame requirements such as winning a scoring title, leading the league in a stat, etc. Continue simulating and only playing key games until you obtain all requirements.

Edited by diabolix

Non-Simulated Game Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/13.jpgBuzzer Beater (B)

Make a game winning shot with no time left on the clock, in a non-simulated game

In the dying seconds of the game, you either need to be losing or tied with the opposing team. When the game clock (not shot clock) in the 4th quarter is about to hit zero, let loose a shot, and if it goes in and gives you the lead, then you will win the game and obtain this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/14.jpgTrip-Dub (B)

Record a triple double with any player, in a non-simulated game

To get this trophy, you will need to get 10+ in any 3 statistics (points, assists, rebounds, blocks or steals). The easiest 3 statistics are going to be points, assists, and rebounds. I suggest getting rebounds first, as it is the most difficult of the 3 to get. Use :cross: or :l1: + specific button to select the player you want to control, and push :triangle: to jump and attempt to grab the ball when it hits the rim and bounces out. Next are the assists, which are awarded when you pass the ball to a player who then proceeds to score a basket. For this, you simply want to pass the ball to your best shooter and score with that player. Lastly are points, which you will get by putting the ball into the basket.

If you are having trouble with this trophy, when you start the game, go to Options > My NBA > Game Sliders. In offense, turn 3PT success to 100. In attributes, turn your offensive rebounding and defensive rebounding to 100, while turning your opponent’s to 0. This way, you’ll be grabbing rebounds much easier, and obtaining assists much more easily

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/15.jpgDub-Dub (B)

Record two double doubles with any teammates, in a non-simulated game

You will need to record 10+ in two statistical areas with 2 different players on the same team in one game. For this, I would suggest choosing points, and one of either rebounds or assists. Also, both of these players can have identical double doubles (both of them have 10+ in points and assists). Picking a team such as the Miami Heat will net this trophy easily. Have LeBron James pass the ball to Dwayne Wade and score with Wade. Repeat this 9 times so that James has 10 assists and Wade has 20+ points. Repeat this process switching the roles of James and Wade

You can also alter the game sliders so that it’s much easier for you to score, which makes this trophy a cinch.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/16.jpgFive by Five (B)

Record 5 or more in 5 different stats with any player in a non-simulated game

This trophy requires you to get 5+ in points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks. I suggest attempting this trophy with any high rated players. Focus on blocks first, as they are the most difficult. When a player is about to shoot the ball, have the selected blocker move in front of the player and push :triangle: when you think the shooter will release it. Next, you want to attempt steals, which is accomplished by pushing :square: beside the player with the ball. Then you should attempt rebounds, points, and assists.

You can alter the game sliders to make this trophy easier. Put your blocks, steals, offensive and defensive rebounding, and 3PT success at 100. Also turn the frequency of fouls called against you to 0, which will help as you will rarely be called for a reach-in foul when you attempt your steals.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/17.jpgIt’s Raining (B)

Make 15 or more 3-pointers with any team, in a non-simulated game

Just score 15 3-points in one game to get this trophy (score the ball from beyond the arc). Any player on the team can make the shot. To make this easy, turn up 3PT success to 100 in the game sliders, and you’ll have this before the first quarter ends

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/18.jpgBlock Party (B)

Record 10 or more blocks with any team, in a non-simulated game

Block the ball 10 times in one game to get this trophy. When a player is about to shoot the ball, have the selected blocker move in front of the player and push :triangle: when you think the shooter will release it. You can turn up the game slider on blocks to 100 if you’re having trouble with this trophy

Also, if you have 2 controllers, you can have a human versus human game to get this trophy. Turn the game slider for blocks to 100. When one team has the ball and is ready to shoot, position the blocker in front of the shooter. Push :square: on the controller that is controlling the shooter, and push :triangle: on the other controller to block. This method is much quicker than trying to do it alone.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/19.jpgMen of Steal (B)

Record 10 or more steals with any team, in a non-simulated game

Steal the ball 10 times in one game to get this trophy. Simply go beside your opponent with the ball, and press :square: to steal it. Make sure not to mash :square: as you’ll probably get a reach-in foul. You can turn up game sliders for steals to 100, and turn down the game sliders for reach-in foul to 0 if you’re having trouble with this one.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/20.jpgSwat and Swipe (B)

Record at least 5 blocks and 5 steals with any team, in a non-simulated game

See Block Party and Men of Steal

As the trophy says, record at least 5 blocks and 5 steals with any team in a single game. You can follow the methods outlined in Block Party and Men of Steal to obtain your blocks and steals

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/21.jpgSmothering (B)

Hold the opposing team’s FG% below 40% with any team in a non-simulated game

Simply prevent the opposing team from scoring 40% or more of their shots. You can alter the game sliders so that the CPU’s offense is at 0 for each category making it highly unlikely for them to get any points. Also, if you have a second controller, chuck the ball whenever the second controller gets it to ensure a FG% of 0

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/22.jpgGiveth and Taketh Away (B)

Record 10 or more rebounds and assists with any player, in a non-simulated game

Get 10 rebounds and assists with a single player in a single game to get this trophy. In the game sliders under attributes, you can turn up your rebounding (offensive and defensive) to 100, while turning your opponents to 0. To help with assists, turn the success of close shots and/or 3 pointers to 100, so that from any given pass, you can score a bucket easily.

To those that have 2 controllers and are having a tough time getting rebounds, fear not! Set your sliders to maximize your rebounding and minimize the opponents. With the second controller, once you get the ball, throw it and wait for someone on the other team to grab the rebound (it doesn’t matter who). Keep getting the ball on the second controller and throwing it. Eventually someone on first controller’s team will have 10 rebounds (usually it’s going to be the center or the power forward grabbing rebounds). Now you have someone with 10 rebounds, just go for assists with this player, and you got this.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/23.jpgHold the Fat Lady (B)

Start the 4th period losing by 10 or more points and win with any team, in a non-simulated game

You have to finish the 3rd quarter of a game where you are losing by 10 or more points. In the next quarter, you can do a number of things: play good defense to prevent the opposing team from scoring coupled with good offense to close the score, or let the opposing team score 2 pointers (or free throws) while you focus on making 3 pointers. You have to win the game to get this trophy to pop. You can also force the game into overtime and win, which will still get you the trophy

If you turn the game sliders to 100 on 3PT success, you shouldn’t have a problem winning

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/24.jpgWire to Wire (B)

Do not allow your opponent to lead the game at any point with any team, in a non-simulated game.

To get this trophy, you need to score the first basket of the game, and from that point on, you cannot lose the lead at any point. Once you finish the game, the trophy will pop. You can alter the game sliders so that the opposing team has 0 in all offensive and defensive categories while your team has 100 for assistance

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/25.jpg4-Point Line (B)

Pull off a successful 4-point play with any player in a non-simulated game

This trophy can be a pain to get. Turn the game sliders to 100 to make sure that the opposing team will try to contest your shot and turn up the frequency of fouls called to 100 for the opposing team so that when you take a shot, there’s likely to be a shooting foul called. Lastly turn your 3PT success to 100. Make a shot from the 3 point line while getting fouled, then make the free-throw and the trophy will pop

Alternatively, if you have 2 controllers, when your player is taking the 3 pointer, push [select] on the second controller to have the opposing team intentionally foul the shooter. Now make the free-throw. This way is much easier as opposed to waiting for the CPU to foul you.

Edited by diabolix

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/26.jpgG Prime (S)

End the 1st period with a 15 point lead or greater on the Hall of Fame difficulty setting

Before starting your game, you want to go to the options and change the difficulty to Hall of Fame. Start your game and end the first quarter with your team leading by 15 or more points. You can change the sliders to help you make your shots if you have difficulty with this.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/27.jpgThe Closer (B)

Hold the opposing team to 0 points in the final 2 minutes of regulation, in a non-simulated game.

To get this trophy, you need to prevent the opposing team from scoring any points in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. This cannot be done in overtime. Again, you can alter the game sliders to ensure a terrible offensive effort from the opposing team, or use a second controller and purposely miss your shots.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/29.jpgG Performance (B)

Score at least 48 points with Kevin Durant to set a new career high, in a non-simulated game

Kevin Durant (#35) plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Select them and score 48 points with Kevin Durant to get the trophy. If you’re not sure which player is Durant, his name will appear below the player when he has the ball. If you alter the game sliders to make Durant even more beastly than he already is, you can probably get this before half-time

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/30.jpgG Recovery (B)

Play an entire game using manual substitutions, in a non-simulated game

This is a very easy trophy to get. Go to Options > My NBA > Coach Settings, and turn Substitution to Manuel. Play a game with this setting, and the trophy is your’s, win or lose.

Offline Association

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/35.jpgStreaking (S)

Win 5 games in a row in The Association Mode (playing all 5 games)

See Ticker Tape

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/36.jpgHome Court (S)

Earn the NBA’s best record in The Association Mode (at least 30 games played)

See Ticker Tape

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/37.jpgTicker Tape (G)

Win an NBA Championship in the Association Mode (playing every playoff game)

For this trophy, I would suggest picking a really strong team, or a team you’re comfortable with. If you want an easier time with this trophy, you can edit the chosen team so that every player has a 99 rating. When you create the season, you want to set it to 58 games, 1 minute quarters, and each playoff round to 1 game. Win the first 5 games and you’ll get Streaking, and then continue to win the next 26-30 games. In total, you should play and win 31-36 games before simulating any games. You can now simulate the rest of the season, and you should come out with the best record to get Home Court (The more games you win before simulating, the greater the chance of you ending the season with the best record). Lastly, play every playoff game and win, once you beat the final team, you’ll get this trophy.

You can also play your first 30, then save. Now sim the season until you find out what game you will clinch the best record in the NBA. The game will stop simmimg and let you know you just acheived that status. Go back and load up your save and sim to that game. Play the clinching game to win the best record in the NBA, and the trophy will unlock after the game.

Online Association

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/31.jpgNot Your Father’s Association (B)

Join an Online Association

**No longer attainable due to server shutdown**

This is a very quick trophy. In the menu, simply go Game Modes > The Association: Online, and create a new association. You can then select how many games you want to have your season, how long each quarter is, the difficulty, password, etc. Once you finish creating this association, the trophy will pop

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/34.jpgDon’t Hate the Player (G)

Win the Championship in an Online Association

The fastest way to get this trophy is to set quarters to 1 minute, set the season to 14 games with playoff series at 1 game, and set the speed of the league to maximum. When the games are available, play or simulate your 14 games and try to be 14-0 or 13-1. Now you have to wait for the CPU to finish the remainder of the games and simulate to the playoffs. Then finish the playoffs and win, and the trophy will pop.

Note 1: You do not need anyone to join your association for it to start.

Note 2: If you create your own association, it will take you approximately 513 hours to reach the playoffs (6 hours to start the association, and 3 hours per day thereafter). Once reaching the playoffs, simulation will complete a day in 6 hours. Make sure to not forget to play your playoff games.

Edited by Dark_Raven666
added server shutdown notes

Online Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/42.jpgThis One Counts (B)

Win one online Versus Match

See Hamilton

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/43.jpgBack to Back to Back (B)

Win 3 Versus Matches in a row

See You’re Officially Hot

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/44.jpgYou’re Officially Hot (S)

Win 5 Versus Matches in a row

You must win 5 games in a row. This cannot be done by inviting your friends to a locker room; it must be a random ranked match. Ragequits do not affect this trophy in any way. This means that if anyone ragequits on you, your win streak is not reset.

Previously this trophy has been very difficult to boost due to the sheet number of people playing the game, but with the DLC, the whole ordeal is made much easier. Because not as many people have the DLC, it will be easier to get paired to your boosting partner in "Classic Quick Match" in the online menu, then a regular ranked match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/45.jpgLincoln (B)

Win 5 Versus Matches total

See Hamilton

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/46.jpgHamilton (B)

Win 10 Versus Matches total

Win 10 games online. You cannot win games by inviting your friends to a locker room, it must be a random ranked match. The trophy will pop once you completely finish your 10th game. Use the boosting thread if you need help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/50.jpgThe Sum of Its Parts (B)

Play a Team Up Game

In the online main menu, the second option will read “Quick Team Up Match”. Select this option and wait for the server to find 10 people. They will put everyone into a match, with each person controlling a specific player. Finish the game, win or lose, and the trophy will pop.

NBA's Greatest Challenges Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/47.jpgMade My Name (B)

Complete 5 of the NBA’s Greatest Challenges

See Wrote My Legend

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/48.jpgLeft My Mark (B)

Complete 10 of the NBA’s Greatest Challenges

See Wrote My Legend

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/49.jpgWrote My Legend (S)

Complete all 15 of the NBA’s Greatest Challenges

From the main menu, access the NBA greatest challenges. There are 15 memorable games to play featuring some of the greatest players to grace the game of basketball. All you have to do is win the game; there are no other specific requirements. You can set the quarters to 1 minute to speed up the games.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Miscellaneous Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/29.jpgA 2K to Call My Own (B)

Create a My2K Account

This is probably the first trophy you’re going to get when playing this game. When you insert the game, you should be prompted to create a 2K account. Simply follow the instructions and the trophy will pop

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/33.jpgAnother Day, Another Win (B)

Win 5 NBA Today Matchups

You will need to play 5 NBA Today Matchups, which are matchups that are occurring on the day you’re playing it. This trophy is no longer glitched. Simply play 5 different games (1 minute quarters are acceptable) and win, the trophy will pop. Sliders may be used to help you win your games.

**You cannot try and not sign into the 2K servers and change the PS3's date settings to an earlier date to unlock past NBA Today matchups. NBA Today matchups come ONLY from the 2K servers.**

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/38.jpgShooting Star (B)

Win the MVP Award in NBA: Creating a Legend mode

To earn this trophy, you need to be named the MVP in Creating a Legend mode. The easiest way to do this is to choose a player like Lebron James, and alter his stats so he had a 99 in every attribute. Then all you have to do is play key games until the MVP is announced. With your character at 99 for every stat, and with good play during the key games, you should have this trophy easily.

To make this trophy even faster and easier, you can use the following method, which was first described by "Nero x360a & ps3t" from the xbox360achievements.org:

1. Update any player to 99 in every attribute

2. Trade yourself to the Charlotte Bobcats (as their only rival are the New Orleans Hornets)

3. In rotations, give your player 48 minutes, so during simulation, he has a lot of time to build good stats.

4. Trade all star players that play your position to a single team. I would suggest trading as many of them to the New Orleans Hornets

5. The above steps will maximize your player's minutes during simulation, and minimizing the amount of key games you have to play. At most, you should have 6 key games. If you want, you can simply foul out of your key games, and you should still be able to get the MVP.

6. Remember to use multiple saves in case something goes wrong in simulation.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/39.jpgSprite Slam Cam (B)

Get the Sprite Slam Cam replay after a dunk with LeBron James

LeBron James plays for the Miami Heat (He is also the only member of the Heat’s starting line up to wear a headband, making him very noticeable). Simply play as the Miami Heat, and go for a slam dunk any non-simulated game. Go for an uncontested dunk or a fast break dunk (when you move the ball up the court and score as quickly as possible), and the Sprite Slam Cam will replay it. To make this trophy easier, you can play on Rookie difficulty with your dunk success on 100 (under game sliders). If you have a second controller, you can use it to move the defender away from LeBron so he has a clear path to basket.

This trophy needs to be done on 5 minutes quarters, and its best to watch the entire replay of the dunk to unlock this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/41.jpgHey Mr. DJ (B)

Create a 2K Beats Playlist

To access the playlist, go to Options > Features > HP Media Zone > 2K Beats. Press [x] on any song to remove it from the playlist. Exit this menu, and the trophy will pop. You can go back to add the song back to the playlist afterwards

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1067/51.jpgIt’s Better to Share (B)

Share any file type through 2K Share

In the menu screen, go to Features > 2K Share, and then upload any kind of acceptable file. The most common will be your game sliders. When you upload, it’ll ask you to name it as well as add a description (put whatever you want). Once you confirm that you want to upload it, the trophy will pop

Edited by Dark_Raven666

Stern already cancelled the first two weeks of the season. I wonder if 2K12 will use the schedule that was already released or just hold out...

Hopefully they just go with the planned schedule. I want to be able to play NBA Today games from Nov 1 onwards, not some TBA date that could be Nov 15, 2012, or even never.

yeah i want to play NBA Today games before the end of november because im going overseas. I wont be able to play online (taking ps3 though) so before i go overseas im planning to get all online trophies, so i can probably work on immortality (HOF) trophy because i doubt i will get in hall of fame before i leave.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/443/curryboy14.png

Has anyone got the online win streaks to unlock? I won 10 in a row and Lincoln and Hamilton unlocked but not the 3 and 5 streak trophies.

You should check the trophy guide first. Did you play all your games completely? If anyone ragequits on you, the win streak is reset to 0.

You should check the trophy guide first. Did you play all your games completely? If anyone ragequits on you, the win streak is reset to 0.

Nobody has quit on me. I'm 14-0 now and when the game is connecting it says my streak is 13. So now it probably says 14.

Edited by k20ar

Nobody has quit on me. I'm 14-0 now and when the game is connecting it says my streak is 13. So now it probably says 14.

I think the trophy, like the All-Star game, is glitched:

NBA 2K12 Trophies - YourGamerCards.net

No one has unlocked it yet.

---------

Btw, I think the max SP you can earn in a game is 5,000. I had 2,550 before the 2x, and then it got capped at 5,000.

I think the trophy, like the All-Star game, is glitched:

NBA 2K12 Trophies - YourGamerCards.net

No one has unlocked it yet.

---------

Btw, I think the max SP you can earn in a game is 5,000. I had 2,550 before the 2x, and then it got capped at 5,000.

thats jus stupid.... how can they release a game like this and not have stuff rite?... like im sayin dont they test these games... i thought they had to beat it b4 they could bring it out? guess not lol

I've earned more than 5,000. I usually get 2,500-3,000 without the x2. I am small for my position.

Really? I had 2,550 before the bump and then at the end of the game it got capped at 5,000.

I'm a 6'4" PG.

Btw, I think the "Sum Of All Parts" trophy, though it doesn't say, requires you to win. I played Team Up games three times. I lost the first two and didn't get the trophy, won the third, and it popped up.

Just wanted to point out I had to play 31 games to get the Home Court trophy. Not sure how that worked but I went 30-0 in games I played and then simmed the rest of the season and it didn't pop. Good thing I saved after going 30-0. Went back, won the 31st game to go 31-0, and then simmed the rest of the season. It then popped immediately after the last game. (58 game season)

Also apparently the trophies like "get 15 3 pointers in a non-simulated game" don't work in Association mode. Gonna try to do these in exhibitions and check it out.

Edited by Politicks

Just wanted to point out I had to play 31 games to get the Home Court trophy. Not sure how that worked but I went 30-0 in games I played and then simmed the rest of the season and it didn't pop. Good thing I saved after going 30-0. Went back, won the 31st game to go 31-0, and then simmed the rest of the season. It then popped immediately after the last game. (58 game season)

Also apparently the trophies like "get 15 3 pointers in a non-simulated game" don't work in Association mode. Gonna try to do these in exhibitions and check it out.

No-one else beat your record the first time you tried to get Home Court, right?

No-one else beat your record the first time you tried to get Home Court, right?

Nope, went 57-1... Actually ended up like 53-5 for the re-do where it actually popped. Was using a souped up Knicks team.

Sprite slam cam trophy also seems bugged... Unless you also have to do that one with 5-minute quarters.

Edited by Politicks