Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.42

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

this game doesnt look hard at all. Speaking from me this is what i think.

Non simulated games- easy

My player- easy (because im good at it, not bragging) time consuming (hall of fame)

online - easily boosted (just need to get ur boosting partner)

legend mode- well seems easy since u can use game slides and only have to win the games.

Creaitng legend mode- never played it.

Overall i think i would give this a 6

PLEASE CAN YOU GUYS JOIN MY ONLINE ASSOCIATION ITS CALLED "Dont hate the player" (NAMED AFTER TROPHY) AND THE PASSWORD IS basketball, i'll join yours just lemme know.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/993/curryboy14.png

Edited by curryboy14

• 4 weeks later...

If the NBA Today trophy gets fixed and the (P) becomes obtainable, I'd probably give this a 7 or 8. My player can take a while, but is not too tough, and some of the non-simulated games trophies are a bit annoying, but overall nothing ridiculous.

But personally, without boosting I'm going to find the online very difficult due to the amount of lag. Until I'm able to master the timing difference, it'll probably be near impossible to get a 5-win streak going.

I'd say a 7-8.

The only difficult part of this game is winning five games online in a row. The matchmaking is piss poor in 2K12; you could be a prospect but be matched up against an All-Star. Reaching ten victories isn't an issue; it's winning the five in a row without having random crap get in the way which is tough.

Doesn't help that the online trophies cannot be easily boost as in 2K11.

• 2 months later...

I vote 4. The only trophies that are even remotely difficult are the online win streak ones, and quite frankly there are a lot of bad players online. Even without boosting, as long as you put in a little bit of practice anyone should be able to muscle out five wins in a row and ten overall.

Other than that, you can play on whatever difficulty suits you for the Legends games, change sliders for the tricky non-sim games like the 5x5, and MyPlayer / CAL just requires you to play multiple seasons. No problem, there are far tougher platinums out there.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finishing up my online association trophy today to get this platinum, but if we were to base it on difficulty I would say this is a 5 or 6. Most of the trophies are not very hard at all, but most of them take a little bit of time. The my player trophies take about 3-4 seasons depending on skill level, but they were not hard. The online trophies gave me the greatest difficulty. It can be tough to win 5 games in a row, but be patient and it will come. No need to boost it. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Rated it a 5. Not really that complicated except for the Officially Hot Trophy most especially if you're not that good at this game. There are a lot of noobs out there but getting to 5 can be difficult as you often face good players.

The online association wasn't that bad as well. All you need is a presence of mind. Always know your next playing game in the playoffs so it doesn't get simmed and give you the possibility of doing another 520+ hours of waiting.

Lastly, platinum boost roster makes it a lot easier for My Player trophies and Creating a Legend Trophies to pop.

Other trophies aren't that difficult, some are even fun to playthrough.

• 3 months later...

It depends how you do it, for me, this would take me about 600-800 hours. That is a brutal grind. Also, it is a lot less enjoyable than the past NBA 2K game. Seems like they just want to make it more and more complex to play. They don't remember BBall is actually very simple to play. You can't do so much that you can in real basketball. I can't run from one side of the court to the other, I get blocked by random guys. Gotta do a move or two to go towards the rim, which isn't the case in real basketball. It's very situational. many times you can get at the rim by running at a slight angle, no moves required.

This along with you can't force your teammates to shoot. To can't force them to cut anymore by directing them. This is needed because how stupid and inactive your teammates are. There are to many faults this year with the painful gameplay mechanics. They just wanted to make it "harder" without thinking about actual basketball. I think they need to stop butchering the gameplay mechanics on our side, and just improve the AI to be more realistic. That plus game mode improvements are the only things 2K11 was missing. Don't know how many times I stand there and my teammates don't move anywhere. Cut, run around with your head cut off. Do something!

Anyways, My Player mode sucks this year. With the painful gameplay and the long hours this requires, this is a truly hard Platinum. Just like GT4, a grind of ages. Except this is far more. And top it off, you can't Platinum it anymore. That whole concept of dead trophies needs to go. Errors-R-Us.

Platinum Rating: 10/10

Game Rating: 7/10

Edited by Pesmerga7551

• 1 year later...