Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.14

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is why I gave it a 9. All the trophies are a 1, but just take time. There is the on-line trophies that make you want to pull your hair out. You have no control of the player quitting, and you can't earn certain trophies till a full completed game on-line. The devs messed up on this. They should award you the win if player quits within the game.

Here is why I gave it a 9. All the trophies are a 1, but just take time. There is the on-line trophies that make you want to pull your hair out. You have no control of the player quitting, and you can't earn certain trophies till a full completed game on-line. The devs messed up on this. They should award you the win if player quits within the game.

I agree with you 100% for the online part and that is why I had to give it a 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a five, none of the trophies were really difficult. They are all in game modes that everyone plays. As for the online trophies I didn't have any trouble with people quitting so I can't really agree with the 10 based on that.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a 7. My player and association trophies are both a grind (my player was particularly tiresome after a while). Also, online trophies have some issues. I never had a problem with the win streaks or the ranked match trophies, but I'm still not sure what the criteria is for the positive teammate score trophy. I got it randomly it seemed. Also, the servers for the crew make that trophy tough to get as games regularly can't be finished.

This game is a 4-5 with boosting, and an 8 without.

The team-up trophies (One for All, etc), are incredibly tough if you aren't boosting it. I played this game with junk, and it took us several games since we kept getting disconnected. Even in the games that did succeed, we would run into moments where it would almost DC.

Also, very time consuming. You unlock a new pair of Jordans every 2 hours of gameplay, so that's 80 hours at the minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Any tips for the 4 point play. Damn thats a hard trophy!

Don't know if you still need this or not, but as I just got this one last night, felt I could offer some advice for you, or anyone else who might be looking.

I followed the advice of adjusting sliders. Turn player 3pt success up to 100, edit whichever player you plan on using to make his 3pt (and foul shot doesn't hurt) attributes up. Then turn computer shooting foul frequency up. There's some other sliders that may or may not help, but those are the big ones... computer Contest Shot would be helpful.

Of course, I did all that and I was STILL having problems getting it. I was trying to get it with the 97-98 version of Jordan. My problem was Jordan's pump fake. He goes up with one hand and brings it back down fairly slowly. By the time he finishes, the defender is already back on the ground and you don't really draw contact. I tried it with Pippen and immediately drew the foul behind the line. It took forever for him to actually hit it, but I was at least drawing the foul MUCH more often than I did with Jordan.

So along with the sliders, the trick is using a guy with a quick pump fake. As soon as you see the guy go up in the air, go for the shot and push forward into him, and you should draw contact, and the sliders will take care of the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave this baby a five.

The actual acquiring of trophies is not bad at all. Five in a row is overrated, you just need to really hone in and concentrate. After I got the trophy I was 50/50 win loss the rest of the way.

The most difficult / frustrating part of this game is trophies not populating. I played over 25 games each for one for all and all for one trophies.

Spoke with 2K directly and sony to find a resolution which is deleting game data (not saved, but patch) to reset and trophies will then pop

• 2 weeks later...