XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > N (PS3) > NBA 2K11

Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

^Thanks for your reply. 'master the controls' that's really great advice. Really helped me out there.

My point is that compared to the 2k10 demo, it is a lot harder to dunk and do moves that you enjoy to do in the game. Sure you can say its skill related and you have more skill than I do. My point is they released a 1 player demo where it is more difficult to do cool stuff. Doesn't give the scope of fun stuff to do in the game.

But obviously judging from the earlier post, you've taken to defending this game. Furthermore, isomotion controls are different to 2k10 ones, there are subtle differences. Still the game appears to be more defensive based than offensive based.

But whatever, I don't really care. I'm not getting this game anyway. I only hope that 2k spends their money fixing the glitched trophies in 2k10, but that's not going to happen with their mindset, and the fact that they don't have enough "money".
M00nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

They better bring back the ranked lobbies this time.

bryantmvp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantmvp24 View Post
They better bring back the ranked lobbies this time.

2k really doesn't give a shit about making people(there customers) happy, so I can see them not included them again. Easports all the way!!
OlympiakosNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00nkey View Post
^Thanks for your reply. 'master the controls' that's really great advice. Really helped me out there.

My point is that compared to the 2k10 demo, it is a lot harder to dunk and do moves that you enjoy to do in the game. Sure you can say its skill related and you have more skill than I do. My point is they released a 1 player demo where it is more difficult to do cool stuff. Doesn't give the scope of fun stuff to do in the game.

But obviously judging from the earlier post, you've taken to defending this game. Furthermore, isomotion controls are different to 2k10 ones, there are subtle differences. Still the game appears to be more defensive based than offensive based.

But whatever, I don't really care. I'm not getting this game anyway. I only hope that 2k spends their money fixing the glitched trophies in 2k10, but that's not going to happen with their mindset, and the fact that they don't have enough "money".
You feel this way, because 2k is trying to make the game more of a simulation type, then arcade, so they are trying to get it so the whole experience is realistic. You can adjust the sliders on the real game to go fast pace, and dunk all you want, but it won't be realistic, and yea they have new control system. The other thing is that it feel more defensive because Lakers and Celtics are both Defensive minded teams, there are some high flying fast pace offensive teams in NBA, Like how Steve Nash and the Suns are, and perhaps Golden State as well.

Last part, every company always make some BS up in order to not fix something, Like Activision and Infinity Ward who don't fix MW2 Red dot sight, and other BS in that game. So idk what to say about that, I guess you can hate 2k for that, and most defiantly "money" is not the case. Am not a huge 2k fan, but comparing it to Elite or Live, its just 100000 times better overall as a basketball game, in my opinion.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

^ Don't get me wrong, i agree that 2k sports make a better basketball game than live, but they are both crap at really helping their customers. At least EA has a game which is playable online and has a better online, too bad their game is not as good as 2k's.

2k feels better as a basketball game, but has horrible online, well 2k10 was anyway, and to not fix a glitched game after suffering through their horrible online is just insult to injury. Thats all i'm saying.

And money is definitely the case. All these business are to get us to part with our money. Its a shame that games nowadays lack gameplay and cost so much for a subpar experience. There are a few gems out there, but you have to wade to layers of sewage in order to get a good game. Companies these days are happy to release poor quality games, slap on some trophies and add on dlc to get money from us trophy whores, rather than actually making a good game. Most of the latest 'hyped' games are not as good as the ones in the past.

Last edited by M00nkey; 09-23-2010 at 12:42 PM.
M00nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #26 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00nkey View Post
Bet you dunk contest and good teamate will be glitched...again. And another platinum goes glitched.

Basically same trophy list with more my player crap achievements.
I second that

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

I may get it if there isn't any glitched trophies in it. So I'll just stick to NBA 11 elite on the release day & maybe get this if the word of mouth about this game is good
tyrob911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

In my personal opinion, i have dealt with NBA 2k9 which had a great matchup system, with avatars, but did not have team-up mode work until two weeks down the road. Then NBA 2k10 which again, had a quality match up system, team-up mode kind of worked and then crew games did not work. Especially the trophies of; Good Team-mate trophy and Slam Dunk trophy did not pop up, which Slam Dunk was fixed on the second patch, and only 1 trophy from a platinum on that game. But i guess that was because NBA 2K staff decided to call it quits for now and work on NBA 2k11 because they knew they were barely beating NBA Live(now elite).

You can guess how i am feeling with this personal problem with 2K, it's been a major dissapointment because we all know 2K is the better game(i use to play EA games and i switched to 2K games in 2007). As for the trophy list, everything seems to be easy-yet challenging because it just takes patience really. But i noticed two trophies that they made harder and that is "Beat Lebron James in the NBA Dunk Showdown" or get a "4-point play".

For me i have to ask what 2K was thinking when creating that, i know Lebron James was a major discussion this past summer, but that trophy will be hard because i know this fact, you most likely will not face Lebron when that limousine pulls in, it will switch to Kobe,Durant,Richardson and Lebron so it might be a repititious task to perform which is annoying to me. Lastly the 4-point play might be easy, but it depends how good you are when you can get the foul. I just hope 2K revamped everything so we can get these trophies a little bit easyer and none of it is glitched.

All i have to say now is it is up to 2K this year, for it is a make it or break it. Because if you look every site about this game, it has alot of hype and it has Micheal Jordan on the cover which is essential because even if nobody knows basketball, they will know who Micheal Jordan is, plus it is the 1st time Micheal Jordan is on a cover of a video game. If 2K can live up to it's hype and get excellent reviews across the boards and people are loving the game, consider Elite on life support.

P.S those who say they cant wait to play Elite, will have to wait until next year, because EA president adressed it's glitches, and problems sothey have to go back to the drawing board again.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

lol @ the early reply of getting Live/Elite because 2k has online trophies and bad servers.

Well, now Elite 11 isn't even coming out right now because the game is flat out terrible!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
lol @ the early reply of getting Live/Elite because 2k has online trophies and bad servers.

Well, now Elite 11 isn't even coming out right now because the game is flat out terrible!
I know! lol