How to boost online trophies (5 wins and 20 wins)

sjiang120

I am sorry if this had been posted before by many people, I just want to create a thread so it is easier for everyone to see this.

Steps:

1. Find a boosting partner, and both need to set the time zone to Tokyo

2. Go into the game, press "Ranked" about the same time

(Me and my friend tested this out, we successfully found each other about 1 out of 3 times, just be patient and keep looking, it shouldn't be a problem, it will be better if you have a computer besides you and add each other on Skype or msn. So when 1 person pressed "Ranked" the other should press right away, and keep each other updated...so Good luck!!!)

One more question though:

So to get 20 wins in total trophy, my friend said basically we need to find each other for 20 times in total, and he quits on the first 19 games so I will receive a 19 winning streak and then we play the entire 20th game and if I win, all trophies should pop up at the same time, including 1st win, 5 wins in a row, 10 wins in total, 20 wins in total, etc... (except those Crew games of course)

Is this true? I need someone to confirm on this.

And again, I can confirm that "changing time zone to Tokyo" works for boosting!

Edited by sjiang120

• 3 weeks later...

So to get 20 wins in total trophy, my friend said basically we need to find each other for 20 times in total, and he quits on the first 19 games so I will receive a 19 winning streak and then we play the entire 20th game and if I win, all trophies should pop up at the same time, including 1st win, 5 wins in a row, 10 wins in total, 20 wins in total, etc... (except those Crew games of course)

Is this true? I need someone to confirm on this.

And again, I can confirm that "changing time zone to Tokyo" works for boosting!

Is it confirmed to work if you quit 19 games & play the 20th that the trophies will pop?

Edited by Ertemis

I posted this in the online boosting thread a long time ago.

It is not necessary to always use a Tokyo time zone. When you are boosting with your partner, pick a time zone that is 4~5am in the morning. You should be about 80% able to find your partner every time.

For example, if you are boosting at 2:30pm US EST time / 7:30pm GMT. The best time zone will be GMT+9 or GMT+10. However, if you are boosting at 5:30pm EST/ 10:30pm GMT, Time zone GMT +6 or GMT+7 will be better.

When trying to connect, Player 1 press ranked games button and connect to the server first. Wait until the message "Waiting for Opponent" shows up, and contact Player 2 to press the "ranked" button and connect.

For any trophies to unlock, you have to play a full game and win. Even you have win 20 games as total by quitting, you still have to play a full game and win to get the trophy. And always check your online versus record in leaderboard / profile to make sure you and your partner are in the right track.

Edited by MariDave

• 6 months later...
Not sure if anyone checks this post anymore, but do you just need to change the timezone on your PS3 for this to work? I gave up on this platinum cause the online sucks, but if I can boost the online wins I can still get the platinum.

If u got the ' win 5 nba today' trophy, then the plat is still attainable for u :)