NBA 2K10: Draft Combine - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Hitchcocker

The 100% for this is no longer possible due to server closure.

Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10

Trophies breakdown: 7(B) 4(S) 1(G) 0(P)

Offline trophies: 11

Online trophies: 1

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 4-7 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available

Requirements to achieve 100%: Internet connection.

Introduction

NBA 2K10: Draft Combine allows you to create your own custom NBA player and improve your game through drills and Draft Combine scrimmages to increase your NBA draft stock, then pick up a copy of NBA 2K10 to find your created player waiting for you in the all-new My Player mode to experience the NBA Draft and begin your path to NBA stardom.

Anyone can achieve 100% completion in this game. It's really that simple. However, winning 15 Scrimmage games may take a little time, patience, practice and skill. This task will be the only task that can possibly extend your playing game of this PSN title since the other 10 trophies do not require you to do anything much apart from playing the game.

Brief Walkthrough

To obtain all the trophies, you will have to follow six simple steps that I have listed below. While you will have to complete the first step before moving on to the next five steps, step 2 to step 6 can be completed in any order that you desire. However, in this road map, I provided the six-step guide in the order I did everything:

Step 1: Create a player

You cannot progress further without creating a player so create a player and mix and mash however you want him to look or play.

Once you have created your NBA player, you will receive The Legend Begins trophy.

Step 2: Spend skill points to improve an attribute

You will have 1000 skill points in the beginning which can be used to upgrade your attributes from the beginning.

Completing this step will unlock the Show Me The Skills trophy.

Step 3: Complete three drills

Drills are simple exercises in which you are supposed to score a number of points to get medals. Bronze or silver medals increase your skill points while gold medals increase your player stats.

However, for the trophy, you can fail all three drills and after the three drills, you will receive Practice Makes Perfect trophy.

Step 4: Win fifteen Scrimmage games

In scrimmage mode, you will play one five-minute quarter and the objective is to simply score more than your opponent in the quarter.

After your fifth and fifteenth win, you will receive Season Preparation and NBA Ready trophies.

Step 5: Complete SIX NBA Draft Combine games

Completing all six NBA Draft Combine games will unlock the Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, Game 5 and Game 6 trophies.

Note: You do not have to do win the game and you can get a teammate grade of F and still get the trophies.

Step 6: Upload your player

Uploading your file after the completion of the SIX NBA Draft Combine games to 2KSports servers, will unlock the final 2K10: Let's Do This trophy.

Edited by Terminator
Added a note about the 100% being no longer possible.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/01.jpgThe Legend Begins (B)

Create your player

The first thing you will be prompted to do is to create a player. You will be able to give him a name, rearrange his facial structure, height, weight, tattoos and accessories such a headbands, wristbands and ankle braises to the playing position. I personally chose to be come a shoot guard but feel free to choose any other position.

Once you have finished tweaking your player's physical appearance, press START and YES to complete the player creation process. After the autosaving process, The Legend Begins trophy will pop out.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/02.jpgShow Me The Skills (B)

Spend Skill Points to improve an attribute

The next thing you should do is to upgrade your attribute(s) using skill points. You will have 1000 skill points in the beginning. To upgrade your attributes, flick your right analog stick in any direction and select My Player by using the left arrow and hitting the circle button. Then, move to Skill Points by using up arrow and hitting the circle button.

You can upgrade any attributes you want but I just chose the first attribute I saw and upgraded that attribute. When you have finished upgrading your attributes, press START and confirm the attribute upgrades. After the autosaving process, you will receive Show Me The Skills trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/03.jpgGame 1 (B)

Complete the first NBA Draft Combine game

See Game 6 for more information on this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/04.jpgGame 2 (B)

Complete the second NBA Draft Combine game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/05.jpgGame 3 (B)

Complete the third NBA Draft Combine game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/06.jpgGame 4 (B)

Complete the fourth NBA Draft Combine game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/07.jpgGame 5 (B)

Complete the fifth NBA Draft Combine game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/08.jpgGame 6 (S)

Complete the sixth NBA Draft Combine game

To complete an NBA Draft Combine game, flick your right analog stick to prompt the menu and at the menu go to Play Now and from there, go to Next Match.

To do well in the NBA Draft Combine games, you will need to fulfill few objectives that vary from the position you have selected at the beginning. As a shooting guard, some objectives range from 'Hold Your Matchup to 50% shooting percentage' or 'End the match will less than 3 fouls' and 'Finish The Game With A Teammate Grade of C+ Or Better.'

However for the trophies, you do not need to win the match so you can just leave the controller on and tap a button on the controller every 5 minutes or so while doing other stuff and return to the screen once the match is over.

After the sixth match, you will have received Game 1, Game 2, Game 3, Game 4, Game 5 and Game 6 trophies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/09.jpg2K10: Let's Do This (S)

Upload your player when the Draft Combine is over

No longer possible due to server closure.

Upon completion of your sixth Draft Combine game, flick your right analogue stick in any direction to bring up the menu and then go to Upload and Save. At Upload and Save, wait for the two screens to disappear and once you are told that your file has been uploaded to 2KSports servers, you will receive the final 2K10: Let's Do This trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/10.jpgPractice Makes Perfect (S)

Complete 3 Drills

To complete the drills, flick your right analogue stick in any direction and select Play Now and then go to Drills. There are a total of eight drills you can choose from but from my personal experience, the easiest three drills are SHOOTING, CHALLENGE SHOT and POST DEFENSE. I managed to have Gold on all these three drills in my first attempt but feel free to choose any three of the eight drills. However for the trophy alone, you do not need to pass these drills, you can get zero points and it will still count as a completion of one drill.

Upon completion of the drills, you will receive the Practice Makes Perfect trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/11.jpgSeason Preparation (S)

Win five Scrimmage games

See NBA-Ready for more information on this trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/207/12.jpgNBA-Ready(G)

Win fifteen Scrimmage games

In scrimmage mode, you will play one five-minute quarter and the objective is to simply score more than your opponent in the quarter. To enter Scrimmage mode, flick your right analog stick in any direction and select Play Now and then go to Scrimmage.

Depending on the position that you have selected, your strategies may be different but as the shooting guard, I advice you to sprint up the court (R2) when the point-guard is about to receive the ball and just go for a lay-up shot when you approach the basket. And on defense, just stay near your man and let the other AI players do their jobs. If the AI opponent misses a shot, sprint up the court and receive the rebound (by pressing X) and if you are in the clear, press SQUARE when you are near the basket for an easy lay-up.

Do take note that in scrimmage mode, there are no reaching in fouls, backcourt violation or charges so just spam SQUARE to try and steal the ball if the opposition player you are marking has it. There is however a 24 second stop clock and out-of-bounds.

Once the game has finished, press rematch and after your fifth and fifteenth win, you will receive Season Preparation and NBA Ready trophies.

Edited by Terminator
Added a note to the unachievable trophy.

The road map and guide are meant to be two different entities. We can't load a road map that duplicates everything written in the guide, and we can't leave the guide blank and put everything in the road map.

Overall the information looks good. You just have to separate it so the road map and guide aren't combined.

Also, please read over the new Road Map Walkthrough thread just to make sure you've got everything required by it: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/21974-road-maps-complete-walkthrough.html

Now that I think of it, we should have better announced it. I'll go ask olsen now.

EDIT: Looks good now! *stuck*

Edited by mjc0961

Thanks for the guide. I just bought it an hour ago and got half the trophies. I think I could finish it in 2 hours time but it's 4am and I'm exhausted so I'm just gonna get the 100% tomorrow (or today) however you put it.

Just wanted to give some advice though: Should you get the actual game when it comes out, I suggest doing the best you can so you can transport your character to the actual game. You never know what kind of trophies will be on the game and your created player could help you some.

I'm sorry but I really do not know whether you should get the retail game or not as I've not seen the trophy list or even played any 2K installments. I've always been an EA fanboy but I'm quite impressed with Draft Combine.

Well in any case, I didn't mind creating a D grade player since he got drafted to the Lakers.

Oh and thanks for the thanks, you don't know how happy I am right now receiving my first thanks. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I will have to warn some people. The AI on your team is so stupid. There will be times where you will pass up court to a guy that's wide open for a dunk and he pass the ball back to you. Also they seem to pass in traffic and they like to pass at peoples shoes. I really wish i didn't spend the $5 on this game. The grafix so bad and Like i said before the AI will drive you insane. If some games have a habit of driving you nuts and u smash the odd controller or two DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

I smashed my brand new Blue controller trying to get past win number 7. I just don't understand why i pass to a player who is wide open for a shot and they miss every time. The other team can nail 3 pointers one after another and my team cant even go for a wide open 2 point shot. Its a joke.

Also i would not but the new color controllers if i were you. They break really easy. The black ones will last a good 8 times toss at a wall but the color ones wont last it toss 1. lol

Edited by VANDRO

I will have to warn some people. The AI on your team is so stupid. There will be times where you will pass up court to a guy that's wide open for a dunk and he pass the ball back to you. Also they seem to pass in traffic and they like to pass at peoples shoes. I really wish i didn't spend the $5 on this game. The grafix so bad and Like i said before the AI will drive you insane. If some games have a habit of driving you nuts and u smash the odd controller or two DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

I smashed my brand new Blue controller trying to get past win number 7. I just don't understand why i pass to a player who is wide open for a shot and they miss every time. The other team can nail 3 pointers one after another and my team cant even go for a wide open 2 point shot. Its a joke.

Also i would not but the new color controllers if i were you. They break really easy. The black ones will last a good 8 times toss at a wall but the color ones wont last it toss 1. lol

Thanks for the warning, also good guide:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...