Gold Lust and Giant Pile of Gold

MrMinderbinder

Just wanted to point out, there is a flaw in the trophy guides for both DLCs.

There was actually significant discussion on this back when the DLC was new.

Each DLC has a trophy for getting Gold Cups in each of the new five challenges. In Episode 9, it's Giant Pile of Gold. In Episode 10, it's Gold Lust. There is a reason that the completion rate for these trophies is so extremely low (Gold Lust has a completion rate of .23%). Now, by the time you get to the DLC, your experience in attempting/achieving Nutter! has certainly ensured that you will get platinum ratings at least half of the time. If you get Platinum in any of the five challenges, you are screwed out of these trophies. You MUST get exactly GOLD in each of the five challenges - if you do too well and get a single platinum, you are boned. Since you can't downgrade your cup color (once a platinum, always a platinum), your only recourse is to completely delete your save file. And if the online ranking recorded your platinum ranking, it is undeletable. It is dangerously easy to lock yourself out of these trophies.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

Really? I got a few platinums on the Pirate levels and the trophy unlocked a-okay for me.

You currently have a few platinums in Chapter 9, or you did at the time you got the trophy? Is there any chance you got the platinum cups AFTER receiving the gold trophy?

Personally, I didn't have trouble with the trophies because I specifically was only targeting Gold scores. As soon as I crossed the necessary thresholds, I stopped scoring.

Having worked with multiple people (in online matches) who got platinum on their first attempt, I heard numerous testimonials stating that they were locked out of the trophies despite having all gold/platinum cups.

Frankly, I have no vested interest in this argument. I'm simply passing on information regarding a possible glitch (that I only experienced through second-hand accounts) for these two trophies. Just wanted to give a tip to people thinking the trophies were glitched or unearnable. I know that their DLC status contributes heavily to their low earned percentage - still, the fact that Gold Lust is the rarest Naughty Bear trophy is somewhat astonishing, given the difficulty of finding a group to complete the Chapter 10 online trophies.

Right, wrong... I really am just glad to be done.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh my, that explains why I never got a trophy then, I did think to myself when I finished the DLC "I swear there was some kind of trophy for doing this?" and I guess that I didn't get it because I was too good I guess ;). Probably the best reason for not having a trophy EVER! I was too good for the trophy :D