Even better strat

magifyre

I'm finding it more effective to just run in Ninja-to blazing and melee everything, shouting, and breaking things in the vicinity. This should keep you at or near 100x multiplier, Ultra kill the bears as they become weakened, and force suicide when possible. Only stopping this to grab health when needed, or freeze capsules if your multiplier actually begins to wane, but it probably wont. Just make sure you don't get completely surrounded to the point that you can't move, generally speaking you can keep them from doing too much damage if you keep changing up which bear you're hitting, as your attacks do a minor stun to them. Doing this you won't even need to change up weapons, unless you really want to in order to get excess points over the platinum cup. But who really cares about setting a leader board record on Naughty Bear? This won't work for Top hat, invisible or friendly challenges though, so...

Top hat challenges: I've noticed it's entirely possible to hide in the bushes, in a costume as a member of one of the factions involved in a top hat challenge, and start a faction war by shooting one of the bears in a crowded building with a gun. They will think that one of the other bears in the house took the shot and not you. Set up a perimeter of traps at the access points to the bushes you're hiding in to protect them from finding you, and if they decide to come look for you and get trapped just scare them. The bears will begin warring each other. Just need to Boo! and sneak off to break random things and pick up freeze capsules. Doing this they will go ahead and earn your points for you while you take little or no damage at all. For example, 5-4 use the ELITE Mahoney costume.

Friendly challenges: Just force trap bears until they begin to go insane then make them commit suicide around each other over and over. It will keep you near or at 100x multiplier and the points will RAIN in.

Invisible can be done the same way as friendly but obviously with a lot more care and killing them when they're trapped instead of scaring. The point requirements for invisible challenges are so ridiculously low, I challenge you to NOT get a platinum cup while making it through the level.

I know other people have said similar things about force trapping, but I think they have really over stressed the importance of sabotaging things. I never sabotage ANYTHING anymore. I was for a long time and struggling, and once I got past the idea of it being important and just started breaking everything, things got a lot easier for me. Plus, when you're forcing them into traps and not sabotaging everything outside, you don't need to run all over the place and can focus on keeping yourself hidden and safe rather than rushing to interrupt a repair that you may or may not make it to, blowing your cover in the process.

Using these methods has helped me progress immensely. I got this game almost 2 years ago and only had 6 platinum cups, and could not get past 2-1. I really thought this was the most glitchy broken and frustrating game ever made. In the past 2 days I've gotten up to 23 platinum cups and am nearly done with the game now. Try em out, I think you will be satisfied.

EDITED: Deleted all that garbage, and condensed info into 1 post

Edited by magifyre

The problem with this strategy is that the more you do the same action the less points you receive for each scare and suicide. It gets to a point where you receive zero points for each scare. I'll have to try this out though.

Personally, I have 12/28 platinum cups and that was just running through the game without really trying. It seems as though now that I'm actually trying to get platinum cups that I can't get them at all and fail miserably. My strategy was to place a trap in a room they always hide in, then sneak in after one gets trapped and kill him then run out quick as can be. Using the Danger Bear costume really helps since you get a lot of health.

Back on topic... I'll try this method out later this evening and to see if it works or not. This game seems to be straight up luck though because when I try to use strategy I always come up short.

What about sabotaging some things? such as big items out in the open like the car, grill, or a machine in one of the buildings? I think that those can be really helpful because they're generally placed where a lot of bears congregate and can see what's going on. I'm about to boot up the game and see if these methods work for me because the only difficult trophies I have left are obtaining twenty-eight platinum cups, and unlocking all the costumes. Other than those, everything else is really easy and could be done in a matter of hours.

fair enough. I'm sitting here trying out your strategy and I'm getting gold fairly easily, just as I was with my old strategy, but the platinums are not rolling out. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?!:think:

Which stage are you running? I'm on episode 7 now and it's not working that great anymore lol. But i think 7 is just a bitch. I've been getting about a million over platinum cup leaving half of the last area up using what I wrote. 27/28 here. ><

The important part is getting several bears attacking you at once, so when you start slaughtering them you get a huge bonus for them seeing you kill others. With the 100x multiplier it makes up for not changing weapons.

Edited by magifyre

Which stage are you running? I'm on episode 7 now and it's not working that great anymore lol. But i think 7 is just a bitch. I've been getting about a million over platinum cup leaving half of the last area up using what I wrote. 27/28 here. ><

The important part is getting several bears attacking you at once, so when you start slaughtering them you get a huge bonus for them seeing you kill others. With the 100x multiplier it makes up for not changing weapons.

I haven't played this game since January so I was doing some practice runs on chapter 9. I got a platinum cup on two of the levels doing what you said. I guess I was a bit rusty at first, but what you've proposed here seems to be working out very well. Another thing that I think really helps is if you use a costume related to the level.

for example: I was just messing around on level nine and I went for the trophy where you have to use the Pirate Naughty costume, and I let a bear get away so that more bears would come. As soon as the ninjas landed they attacked all the pirate bears and I was getting the point for the kills. I had the platinum cup with waaaay more than enough bears left to kill. I'd say that allowing the bears to bring back help is another useful tip too because it's just more bears to kill. I'm about to work on the main levels to see how things work out there, so I'll let you know how it plays out there :D my guess is that it may take a few tries, but overall your strategy should help immensely with getting these blasted platinum cups. Thanks a million for the help!

I was about to finish 7-3, and one of the 2 bears left to drive insane killed the other one. I hate this game lol. That should not count against you. So lame.

I can't comment on the DLC as I don't have it, but I'm glad it's seeming to help.

Edited by magifyre

I was having the same problem of the bears killing each other in the insanity challenge. Which costume(s) are you using? I'm been working with Danger Bear which helps because he has a lot of health and is relatively quick. I'm stilling having some trouble but I think that's because I'm trying too much to get the platinum cups instead of just playing the game and letting it happen naturally.

Doing exactly the same. I won't even move on to the next stage until I get the score I need. Though I only need gold now for 7-3 and 7-4 then the last costume shenanigan and ray gun kills for plat. Just got 28th plat cup like an hour or two ago.

Now that I'm just trying to drive them insane I'm so over laying traps. I keep stepping in them. I think it's just the frustration building up.

Edited by magifyre

So basically treat it like an insanity challenge unless it's a time trial then treat it like a killer challenge on speed? It's weird but the DLC cups seem to be a lot easier to obtain than the regular mission trophies. I think the biggest problem, especially with the early levels, is that you have to do A LOT in a short amount of time with a few bears. Later on you have a lot more bears and much more stages to complete the requirements.

So basically treat it like an insanity challenge unless it's a time trial then treat it like a killer challenge on speed? It's weird but the DLC cups seem to be a lot easier to obtain than the regular mission trophies. I think the biggest problem, especially with the early levels, is that you have to do A LOT in a short amount of time with a few bears. Later on you have a lot more bears and much more stages to complete the requirements.

I would say you should treat most of them like speed runs except for insanity challenges, friendly challenges and some top hat challenges if you're not great at dodging oozi fire, the faction wars for top hat challenges seem to work great as they give you multiplier for killing each other, if points are coming up short just run in and ultra kill as you can instead of letting them die at each other's hands. I agree though, the first 2 were the hardest ones besides 7. Episodes 3-6 were all much easier for me.

Edited by magifyre

• 5 months later...

Hi. I hope people are still on this board. haha.

Umm, I used the strategy that the first guy was talking about and got platinum cups on episode one and 1-1, but for some reason when I tried to help my husband, I keep coming up about 100 points short (only 100 points!) I destroy everything that I can (including the optional things) and still I can't do it...

any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.