General Trophy Discussion

• 3 months later...

I'd be satisfied if the trophy list was similar to the first game, so long as the platinum cup requirements are either brought down to a more doable level OR the mechanics of the game were tightened up a bit. Even if they changed nothing I'd still work on the trophies for this game.

I'm really hoping to see more random "kill ____ bear in this way" trophies because those were a lot of fun.

Naughty Arsenal - perform a finishing kill with every possible weapon

Bear in the Machine - perform a finishing kill with every piece of machinery

Fire, Earth, Wind and Water (aka, Element-ary, My Dear Naughty) - burn, bury, drop, and drown 4 bears in a single match.

I loved the variety of fatalities in that first game.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
The game feels much easier than the first one with 19 (B) & 1 (S) and a huge relief the plat cups are much more attainable

Do you really mean it? I just got platinum in the first game, so is this really easier than that? Someone please answer.

EDIT: For everybody, who keep wondering the same question: Yes. It really is much easier, even though you have to get plat in every level, unlike in NB1, where 28 is enough. I mean there are 35 levels plus 15 dlc levels, which makes 50 levels in total. That means you barely have to get plat in half of the levels.

But dudes, trust me This one is easier. The only thing, which makes this one not very "easy" is the grinding.

Edited by ezkimo00
update

• 3 months later...
EDIT: For everybody, who keep wondering the same question: Yes. It really is much easier, even though you have to get plat in every level, unlike in NB1, where 28 is enough. I mean there are 35 levels plus 15 dlc levels, which makes 50 levels in total. That means you barely have to get plat in half of the levels.

Not true. In Naughty Bear, you had to get 28 platinum cups on the 35 levels of the main game (platinum cup scores on the DLC did not count towards total). Thus, you had to get plat scores on 80% of the levels.

However, your point is not lost. That's good to hear that plat scores are so much easier this time around. Which begs the question - why do so few (only 33 to date) have 100% on this game? You'd really have to be a die-hard Naughty fan to have even noticed that this title was released...

• 4 months later...
That's good to hear that plat scores are so much easier this time around. Which begs the question - why do so few (only 33 to date) have 100% on this game? You'd really have to be a die-hard Naughty fan to have even noticed that this title was released...

Unfortunately, the trophy code writers for the main game's DLC were a bit short-sighted. In Episode 9,

Giant Pile Of Gold

Got Gold naughty cups on episode 9 & all of its challenges, Yes even the Top Hat Challenge!

and in Episode 10,

Gold Lust

Got Gold Naughty Cups in Episode 10 and all of its Challenges. Yes, even the Top Hat Challenge!

the game designers set the trophy requirements to GOLD CUPS ONLY. If you do so well as to score a platinum cup (which is the natural tendency of gamers who have earned platinum cups on 28/35 levels in the core game), you are forever locked out of the trophy. You read that correctly; to do better than gold is to fail. Unless you are playing the game offline and can manage to delete your game save data before going online and having your saved scores upload themselves to the Naughty Bear servers, you are forever shut out of 100% completion. Artificial Mind & Movement/505 Games did not consider the financial cost of fixing the glitch worthwhile.

It is a shame. Approximately 5% of all buyers of the main game purchased Episode 9, which is a retail success, but they were then screwed out of their trophies. Rather than focus their resources on fixing the glitch, 505 Games focused on releasing Episode 10, which shared the same glitch as Episode 9: gold cups good, platinum cups = permanent trophy lock out. Needless to say, when you burn your fan base by focusing on releasing new broken DLC instead of patching current broken DLC, people remember. This is one reason the second Naughty Bear release has gone so quietly into the night.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 8 years later...
On 12/16/2013 at 3:12 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

gold cups good, platinum cups = permanent trophy lock out

This is false in so many levels. You just need to get a gold trophy again in any of the levels you had already got a platinum and the trophy will pop. It's what me and a few others had to do. It's really not a big deal at all, the platinum cups on episode 9 really help toward the 28 platinum cups.

On 12/16/2013 at 3:12 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Unless you are playing the game offline and can manage to delete your game save data before going online and having your saved scores upload themselves to the Naughty Bear servers, you are forever shut out of 100% completion.

Also WTF??? Even if you had to delete your save to go for golds, you could just stay offline the entire time and never have your 'allegedly' platinum scores to be downloaded.

Edited by yuri03042