This game is NOT glitched - I have the Platinum

M-Easy

So pretty much every thread in this board says this game is glitched and it actually looked like it was, the game was out in EU for about 8 months and nobody was able to get the On A Roll(G) trophy or the plat . But I got the game from gamefly yesterday and got the trophy and (P) no problems (1st in the world BTW :))

There was no patch to install and I'm not sure (and doubt) the US version of the game has different code. Anyway I got the On A Roll trophy by following this guy's advice. He says achievement because he's playing on some console I never heard of :whistle:

This is for winning territorial puzzle contests in Explorer. You'll need at least two controllers. A territorial puzzle happens when one player tries to take over a territory owned by another player.

I found this easiest with four controllers, mostly because the three other players could keep trying to take my territory, and as long as I won the territory would stay mine. I would set it up by starting each of the other players in a continent that had at least one territory pre-seeded with my color. I would then take over at least two territories in my starting continent so I could move back and forth between them with no real time penalty. Then I would have each other player try to take over one of mine to kick off a territorial contest.

Rinse and repeat. Just make sure not to make too many territories change hands or you might inadvertently win the game before you get the achievement (hence why player 1 just moves back and forth between territories rather than trying to win new ones).

Now this is important -- only the puzzle challenges, where you are putting pieces of a photo back together, count for this achievement. It seems semi-random what kind of territorial contest you'll get, and you won't get credit towards this achievement for multiple choice questions or other question types. Just the puzzles. I don't think losing the other types matters, but it's easy enough not to do it. So you'll be playing much more than 5 contests. However, once you get the fifth straight victory in a picture puzzle, the achievement will pop.

Like he says only puzzle challenges will count so you have to get kinda lucky. Also it OK if you lose any other challenges or trivias while going for this trophy. Just make sure you win 5 Puzzles in a row. When I got the trophy I won 2, then somehow lost but won the next 5 and got the trophy. Edited by M-Easy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys after seeing your post i thought i would dig this out and try again as its the only trophy i have left to get. well after about an hour of trying im still only getting at most 3 puzzles in a row before it goes back to a question set for the territory contest. Im in the uk and playing an eu copy of the game. Ive followed the advice given above but still i can not get 5 consecutive picture puzzles in a row it always seems to put in a question set along the way. Any other help would be great as its really starting to annoy:( me now i know it is obtainable. Thanks

hey guys after seeing your post i thought i would dig this out and try again as its the only trophy i have left to get. well after about an hour of trying im still only getting at most 3 puzzles in a row before it goes back to a question set for the territory contest. Im in the uk and playing an eu copy of the game. Ive followed the advice given above but still i can not get 5 consecutive picture puzzles in a row it always seems to put in a question set along the way. Any other help would be great as its really starting to annoy:( me now i know it is obtainable. Thanks

You don't have to get 5 puzzles in a row, you just gave to WIN 5 consecutive territory puzzle challenges. You can win or lose any other types of trivia games in-between the 5 puzzles. You can WIN 3 puzzles in a row; then have the game give you four trivia in a row (win or lose it doesn't matter); then WIN 2 puzzles for territory and you will get the trophy. It doesn't matter the order the puzzles come in. Understand now?

There has to be a difference in the US and EU version. I doubt 200 people weren't able to figure out this trophy. I got it within an hour of playing the game the first time with 2 players and I didn't know exactly what I was doing.

The 2nd time I got it with 4 players.

I don't know Shoe. I you read the question in my above post and the other threads about the trophy I kinda think they just didn't figure it out. But we won't know unless/until an EU gamer gets the trophy.

Thanks for the good news! I may just have to pick this up now--that is, provided Challenge isn't the same gawd awful grind Nat Geo Wild Life was.

EDIT: I just looked at the trophy list and it doesn't look too bad, but can someone please tell me how many of each type of puzzle there are. I got totally burnt out on all the ones I had to do in Wild Life.

Edited by Satnamji

Thanks for the good news! I may just have to pick this up now--that is, provided Challenge isn't the same gawd awful grind Nat Geo Wild Life was.

EDIT: I just looked at the trophy list and it doesn't look too bad, but can someone please tell me how many of each type of puzzle there are. I got totally burnt out on all the ones I had to do in Wild Life.

30 jigsaw puzzles (avg 4-6min each 4 me)

24 square puzzles (avg 4min)

24 slider puzzles (avg 90secs each using puzzle cracking website lol, I'm lazy)

I'm definitively not purchasing before somebody can verify that it is possible to get the trophy in the EU version.

There have been similar cases like Get Fit With Mel B, which by the way was released by at least one of the same companies. It was first released in US though and the (P) was very hard to get, but later when the EU release came along it became the easiest (P) on PS3 (18 hours though), you could play without move and eyetoy and just tell her how well you had done instead of doing every exercise perfectly and make the eyetoy capture it perfectly. I think the most surprising is that the trophies doesn't even stack.

With other words, I'm not purchasing before somebody with the EU version of the game has been able to get this trophy, and I would really like to know the ID of that game (just to make sure). I for sure am not surprised if they have changed some of the code, because I have a hard time believe that many EU players have not been able to obtain the trophy in that many months, no matter if they figured it out by themselves or not, someone on accident should have got it.

Yes, the other NatGeo game was a grind, especially get on the top of each leaderboard, and win 50 multiplayer quiz games and stats attax. I put up two guides or something for that game though, to make the slider puzzles and the stats attax easier. :)

Edited by MMDE

30 jigsaw puzzles (avg 4-6min each 4 me)

24 square puzzles (avg 4min)

24 slider puzzles (avg 90secs each using puzzle cracking website lol, I'm lazy)

Thanks for the stats. It sounds like just as many as Wild Life, but if they don't have nearly the same number of pieces as some of the bigger puzzles in Wild Life did, it shouldn't be too bad. (There's no way you could have done some of the larger ones in Wild Life in 4-6 minutes even if you instantly picked up and placed the perfect piece every time without hesitation. There were just too many pieces, and half of them looked the same. Squares were a nightmare.)

Thanks for the stats. It sounds like just as many as Wild Life, but if they don't have nearly the same number of pieces as some of the bigger puzzles in Wild Life did, it shouldn't be too bad. (There's no way you could have done some of the larger ones in Wild Life in 4-6 minutes even if you instantly picked up and placed the perfect piece every time without hesitation. There were just too many pieces, and half of them looked the same. Squares were a nightmare.)

The Jigsawce went quite fast, but yeah, maybe not 4 mins on the big ones, more like 10 minutes, and the square puzzles must have taken 20 minutes at least. That completely white one was just downright dumb. Slider puzzles using the method I posted in the forum would take you like 2-3 minutes max on the big ones. xD I'm going to bet it's the same size, but this guy maybe telling us from what he can remember it felt like.

Edited by MMDE

I'm sure its glitched for the EU version , but fixed for the US release. I really doubt 200 or so people couldn't work it out but as soon as the US gets the game two people work it out. They should really patch the EU version but I bet they don't.

It's like SBK X, EU is glitched but it was fixed for the US release

Yeah, but just to make sure I will try to contact several of the people who only miss this trophy to get the (P). It will be interesting to see if anyone is able to get it.

I'm sure its glitched for the EU version , but fixed for the US release. I really doubt 200 or so people couldn't work it out but as soon as the US gets the game two people work it out.

We'll it wouldn't be the 1st time America had to come in and fix a problem in Europe :devil:

Hmm, I can't try today but if nobody from the EU has confirmed either way by the weekend then I'll give it a go and report back. It's not inconceivable that the US disc may include amended code given the much later release date, but it seems a little unlikely given that the lists aren't stackable.

Not to mention the fact that people thought there were 2 glitched trophies until the method for getting the other was discovered. They really ought to have detailed the full conditions!

Hmm, I can't try today but if nobody from the EU has confirmed either way by the weekend then I'll give it a go and report back. It's not inconceivable that the US disc may include amended code given the much later release date, but it seems a little unlikely given that the lists aren't stackable.

Not to mention the fact that people thought there were 2 glitched trophies until the method for getting the other was discovered. They really ought to have detailed the full conditions!

If you read my post earlier, I talked about a game has one of the hardest (P) to get in the NA release, and the easiest (P) to get in the EU release, and the trophies doesn't stack. I also said the game I was talking about was released by some of the same people as this game. How unlikely do you think it is now? I really really hope it's so that I can get the (P) in the EU version too, because then I will be purchasing it.

Edited by MMDE

Well ive tried for a good few hours now to get this trophy the only thing i have left to try is using 4 controllers but playing with 2 and making sure that player 1 always wins the picture puzzles and claims the territory and getting 6 or 7 in a row im still not getting the trophy. Im going to borrow 2 extra controllers on the weekend have another go to see if that makes a differance im not holding my breath but hey you got to try eh! Will post back here and let you know the outcome.

EU (UK in specific) will not let the 'on a roll' trophy unlock I have tried it for 2 days on both modes (sharing a single controller and two separate controllers) and tried it with 4 controllers. So I can confirm (for me) it's glitched. I might try and buy the US version in as it's not such a bad game.

Its confirmed that it will not work with 1 controller.

Its confirmed that it will not work with 1 controller.

Yeah, but he just kind of confirmed it doesn't work at all in the EU version, which I totally can believe. It's kind of sad, because the game is so cheap now, and I kind of like these type of puzzles, but the not fixing impossible to get trophy is a big deal breaker.

i' m pretty sure that the US and EU versions are differents.

for exemple you can play the US version with the PS move and you cannot on the EU version.

It shows that the developpers worked again on the game before releasing it in the US.

look at the developpers name here

EU : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vH-WbP%2BzL.jpg

Us : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81LkFX356VL._AA1500_.jpg