Platinum Difficulty Rating

Please rate the trophy difficulty...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_45.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.61

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 2 months later...

All I have left are the multi-team quiz and leader board trophies. I'll admit, this game is actually put together nice. I think it's one of the better quiz games out there. Hopefully it does come out in late October for people to enjoy state-side.

Now that I got the nice words out of the way, this game is brutal. When I finished Quest mode, I thought, "Wow, that took forever." I moved on to the Puzzles and when I was finished I thought, "Okay, that was crazy. It can't get as bad as that." Move on the Stat Attack. It got worse. And now I'm stuck at the motherload of grinding with Quiz mode right now.

I know people debate about time doesn't matter in difficulty rating, but the process it takes to platinum this is mind-numbing. This game would probably be a 2 but I'd give it a 3.5/10 due to the length. I'm at 26 hours and I calculate it will take me 10 more hours to do quiz mode (12 min a quiz x 50 = 600 min). Plus a couple of more hours for the leader boards and I'll hit the 40 hour mark for sure.

At least I got my money's worth, so I can't complain about that. Great game, just too insanely long to complete for a quiz game :p

Edited by fancyfox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I gave this a 4. The trophies are easy if you use the internet to find answers to the questions. The puzzles & quiz leaderboard related trophies weren't bad at all and I actually enjoyed the slider puzzles.

The tough part about this game is the heavy grinding required to get the 50 win stat attack trophy and the 50 multiplayer wins in quiz mode trophy. Each game takes approximately 15 minutes which means that you'll be grinding for 25 hours.

I would have given this a 3 but the heavy grinding makes the game painful to play at times which is why I added a +1.

Overall, the game is easy and platinumable but I wouldn't recommend it because of the heavy grinding required to platinum the game unless you are a fan of National Geographic.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4/10, not difficult, but INSANELY boring game with lots of pointless grinding, it makes you want to smash the disc.

In my opinion the Estimated time to (P) is understated, expect to spend about 50-60 hours unless you're a robot.

^^This.

I didn't look up answers on the Internet--except during my second stab at The Big 50 I kept an eye on an answer key just to make sure I didn't mess up again--and still didn't find this hard at all. But the puzzles can be a huge pain, especially the square ones where all the pieces look the same. And the grind ... oh, the grind! I went from really enjoying this game during the Quest run to almost giving up at 88% because I just couldn't take it any more.

Gave it a 2. Almost everything can be done on Easy, and all the Easy answers are handily listed on the sister site (needed for Big 50). Only the terrible, terrible white screen "what do you see" questions are really annoying. Odd-one-out questions are also annoying since you can usually exclude two answers depending on what exclusion basis you use (land-based vs carnivore; type of animal vs area found, etc).

Did the leaderboards without the internet - Short Aquatic took a few tries, but the rest were doable. Amazing Planet is by far the easiest category.

Hate Slider puzzles in real life, but after 20 of them I started to get the hang of them. Only the leopard puzzle is really bad since there are 2 or 3 identical black squares but the game expects you to put each one in the right spot. So some trial and error there. Square puzzles are terrible - a lot of random putting pieces together, and the logic of whether a piece clicks into place or not is kind of flakey. If you're a little off, it won't go together even though it should. Other times it will click with a piece you weren't even trying to put it with.

50 Multiplayer quizzes glitched in a good way - I swear it popped about 5 games early. I carefully counted until the 40's and every other trophy popped as it should. I was at 45-ish (plus or minus 2) when the last trophy and plat popped.

Puzzles, Quest, and Stat Attax took 24hrs combined. Leaderboard and random Quiz trophies took me to ~30hrs. Grinding out the "50" wins took me another 15-ish hours.

• 2 weeks later...

A "3" for me.

Yes, time-consuming after all but not difficult. Most questions on easy are answerable without internet and with Internet there should be no problem, except some of the "What do you see?"-questions. Most of the time quiz was enjoyable for me, because I like those questions. Certainly, after a while team quiz became a little bit boring after all and I did something else, only pressing "X" sometimes to get the round further.

Normal puzzles were ok (except this one where the picture turns into mostly blue water with a little fish...). Slider puzzles took some time to get the right strategy, after this it was fun. But I´m hating those square puzzles, most of the time pure trial and error :(

Ok, sometimes you do very strange things for getting a platinum and in my case also for the 100 %.

• 1 month later...

4 for me on this one. There are some rather challenging sliders (even if you follow tips). While the time required does not make it anymore difficult it surely will test your nerves - 50 multi team wins is a bit much (especially if you rent). Be careful when logging in to the game - I bet I played 70 multi team quizes before the trophy popped. With all of that said, this game is laid out fairly well for a quiz game but do plan on spending some time on this one. If you use an answer key it might help with the difficulty level a bit, I did not use one so it was bit tough in the beginning but I did learn quite a bit.

4 for me on this one. There are some rather challenging sliders (even if you follow tips). While the time required does not make it anymore difficult it surely will test your nerves - 50 multi team wins is a bit much (especially if you rent). Be careful when logging in to the game - I bet I played 70 multi team quizes before the trophy popped. With all of that said, this game is laid out fairly well for a quiz game but do plan on spending some time on this one. If you use an answer key it might help with the difficulty level a bit, I did not use one so it was bit tough in the beginning but I did learn quite a bit.

Just wanted to comment that I also do think 50 multi team wins is a tad too much, but you do get lots of silver and bronze trophies on the way when you only try to get 50 multi team wins... (bronze: 2, silvers: 4)

If you do a twice as long one, which also counts, you can get another bronze as well, and if you do well enough on easy for example you can get yet another bronze.

My point is that it's encouraging you to reach it, and not just a single trophy that is to get 50 multi team wins.

Gratz on the plat, I still have left to do the multiplayer stuff and the leaderboard.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...

Without any info or guides, this game can be pretty hard, but with it, it's not, but this game is very time consuming. The trophy guide is very off when it comes to the platinum time. It's at least 50 hours. If you ever have found yourself watching NatGeo on TV, you will most likely like this game. I had to learn and google stuff, ending up reading lots of wikipedia pages and other sites. The 50 multiplayer wins is quite a boring grind, at least the last 20. There are a couple of tricky trophies which increase the difficulty level, but they are far from impossible or very hard.

I voted 4.

• 1 month later...

5/10 from me and this is thanks to the bloody slider puzzles some of them 6x6 ones especially had me in a right mess. The quiz was fun i felt, well at least for the first few hours anyway until the nightmare i had grinding for the 50 multi team wins. Glad its done and never touching it again or any sequel if there is one

• 1 year later...

I voted a 3.

The total time for platinum was 45.8 hours for me + another 5-6 for the DLC. I'm with many other people, it's pretty near impossible to acquire platinum in under 40 hours...it's definitely 40-60 hours.

Overall, this game isn't difficult at all and some of the puzzles are actually really neat. I find the game quite enjoyable but it's probably because I'm a biology student! :o

The grinding at the end is a tad lame but achievable if you persist and want a rare platinum. :)

Edited by thedarkness91

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Voted 10!! Very difficult game and unless you are extremely intelligent you won't know many questions it asks you, even Google gave me wrong answers ffs. Some questions you can't Google. If you couldn't pause the game I bet those who voted low wouldn't have got the plat.. Those low votes are bs and are just too big headed to vote anything but low. If you couldn't pause this would be nearly impossible for me and many others. And those slider puzzles are stupidly hard, I would still vote 10 with 5x5 sliders never mind those 6x6 ones.