How to solve the sliders easily

MMDE

For some people the sliders in this game might be scary and difficult, some may even give up before they even try. Some are just bored about how long it takes to solve them. Since I didn't find them hard and actually completed most of them within a pretty short time (usually way lower than the jigsaw, even though even those went fast) then I wanted to write a guide with some tips on how to solve them much faster.

How to find the correct piece:

1. Let the square you want to fill be empty.

2. Press :square: to see the solution, and flicker back and forth till you find the piece that you need to fill the square with. This makes it MUCH easier to see what the piece you are looking for actually looks like! If it is hard to tell the difference between two pieces, then adjust the settings on your tv screen.

3. Push the pieces around till you get the piece you think is correct to the correct square.

4. Again press :square: to see the solution, and so you can compare to make absolutely sure it's correct.

How to fill the entire board:

1. On all the sliders in the game, the bottom left corner is empty, so then we start with the opposite side. I usually start pushing all the correct pieces onto the top line, but you can also do the right side, what corner you start in doesn't matter as long as it's not the bottom left.

2. Fill the board with top lines and right sided line till you are left with only a 2x2 square in the bottom left corner with one empty square, and then it's just to push them around in "circle" till it's complete. If this doesn't work, which I've never experienced, then just involve 2 more squares, so it's a 2x3 square of pieces you move around. Just do it a bit on random, and then try to solve it again.

(With other words: Just fill the board line by line, till you are left with a 2x2 square in the bottom left corner)

How to fill the last two pieces in a line:

1. Find both of the correct pieces, and move one of them out of the 2x2 square, which contains the two squares (1x2) you want to place the pieces in and the two (1x2) below/on the left. (I might add a picture explaining this later)

2. Now place the piece that wasn't taken out of the 2x2 square on the square the piece that was taken out of the 2x2 square belongs.

3. Then move the piece that was left outside to the position below/on the left, (same below/on the the left as in step 2), without moving the other piece that is on the wrong square.

4. Now move those 2 pieces around in a "circle" till you get them both on their correct square, as that should happen now if you move those two pieces in a "circle" in the 2x2 square.

If you got any questions, please let me know, but I think if you are able to understand the above guide it should make it very simple to solve all the sliders easily.

Edited by MMDE
corrected some typos

• 2 months later...
wow people do PLAY this game lol

I'm not totally exactly sure what you mean by that.

Yes, you need to actually PLAY this game, in fact, I think I voted a higher score on this platinum's difficulty than on Sly 3, which you spent quite a lot of time on because you thought it was hard. Probably going to say Rayman Origins is easier. :\

If you are being sarcastic, because you may just be that after seeing how many threads I'm the last poster in and they are so old, then my reply to that is that this game is kind of rare I guess. I purchased it in a Norwegian store on the internet and it's the 2nd cheapest game I've ever purchased. I've learned a lot playing it, so it has been pretty fun and totally worth it.

Anyways, you guys are a bit off-topic, this is a guide thread to help people solve the slider puzzles more easily, because I know a lot of people can have trouble doing this.

Edited by MMDE

• 6 months later...
i've only just started playing it but i'm enjoying it so far, you're right, you do learn a lot and it is kinda fun, just a long grind.

Yeah, it's a pretty long grind near the end. The hard part is getting #1 in every category on every difficulty. ;)

Did you understand this guide? I think the hardest part is how to fill the last two pieces in a line. If it is hard to understand, I could potentially add some pictures.

• 8 months later...

amazing planet: ill edit as i add them

all sliders are counted from top to bottom row by column all moves

oceans 26 moves

+89 7

4/5/6/9/8/5/2/3/6/9/8/5/4/1/2/3/6/9/8/7/4/1/2/5/8/7

clouds 28

4/5/6/3/2/5/4/1/2/5/8/9/6/3/2/5/8/7/4/5/8/9/6/3/2/5/4/7

earthquake crashed my compuler lol seriously that one is a pai

• 3 weeks later...
This is actually a brilliant guide! I'm just going through each row systematically (it's still taking me 10 minutes though :o ) but at least I'm getting it done with much less frustration.

I'll leave the Clouded Leopard one for another day haha...that looks intimidating.

I know there are some that is like all completely white, at least one of the puzzles was like that, and it was NOT easy due to that fact. xD Ah, well, depends on the size, but most of them I did in rather a short time, the jigsaws usually took a longer time for me and I like to think I'm pretty good at those. lol

Jigsaws are easy though because you can just fill the border pieces and then work your way inside. You can move the pieces wherever you want too....unfortunately you can't do that with the sliders. :(

Just completed the octopus one in 7 minutes...isn't too bad imo considering I suck at these types of games haha.

Edited by thedarkness91

Jigsaws are easy though because you can just fill the border pieces and then work your way inside. You can move the pieces wherever you want too....unfortunately you can't do that with the sliders. :(

Just completed the octopus one in 7 minutes...isn't too bad imo considering I suck at these types of games haha.

I meant the Jigsaws takes a longer time.

• 4 weeks later...
Yep I know. :D

They're still easier just a bit tedious. Why does nobody play this game? This forum is dead and I need to figure out why the Team Work trophy isn't unlocking. :(

i still play this game (because i suck at the slider puzzles)

But anyway, for the team work trophy you have to make sure the players are on the same team, to do that you have to turn both controllers on, and then move both controller icons down to the same coloured frog, i got it with 2 players on the red frog team, i don't know if it will work using the other team colours or not, but both icons have to be on the same team, it can be a little confusing i guess because 2 colours are on the same side of the screen (red and yellow on the left, blue and green on the right) but that doesn't mean the same team