How to crash across finish line ?

alex454

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting this trophy a different way.

I did a quick season race, set it up for 12 races on Daytona Speedway Oval track, 3 laps each, and set the difficulty to hard. During the race, slam the other racers as much as possible, by the 3rd lap you should be flashing orange and ready to wreak. Get near the finish line staying in any place but 1st and a computer racer will almost everytime wreak you across the finish line.

It worked perfectly on my 3rd race of the 12 set; so give this way a shot if the 2 player method fails.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm struggling with this. Tried the Daytona Oval method 24 times now (2 sets of races with 12 each).

Many times I've been flashing orange and pumping out smoke ready to wreck, I get near the finish line, have loads of rivals behind me, and they dont crash in to me. So I just end up crossing the line normally without wrecking.

Then I tried the crash into the wall technique - again orange flashing, ready to wreck, come round final left hand bend, I slingshot into the wall, but it doesnt do enough damage to wreck the car. I just get re-spawned and cross the line normally.

I'm going to give the 2 controller technique a go tonight, will post an update.

EDIT: Got this trophy and the Plat last night. The 2 controller technique was much easier for me - managed it in 10 minutes on 3rd attempt. Just set up a 2 lap Quick Match on daytona oval, let all the other racers finish then get both player one and player 2 cars about 3/4 way around the track on lap 2. You cant just park Player One by the finish line though because the system seems to continue re-spawning it in motion, so you need to time it right.

Accelerate Player One gently towards the finish line, then quickly grab Player 2 and boost into Player One just before the finish line.

You will find it easier using 2 laps so that Player 2 can get a slingshot boost by going through the pit lane.

Edited by ChrisMalicious

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm struggling with this. Tried the Daytona Oval method 24 times now (2 sets of races with 12 each).

Many times I've been flashing orange and pumping out smoke ready to wreck, I get near the finish line, have loads of rivals behind me, and they dont crash in to me. So I just end up crossing the line normally without wrecking.

Then I tried the crash into the wall technique - again orange flashing, ready to wreck, come round final left hand bend, I slingshot into the wall, but it doesnt do enough damage to wreck the car. I just get re-spawned and cross the line normally.

I'm going to give the 2 controller technique a go tonight, will post an update.

EDIT: Got this trophy and the Plat last night. The 2 controller technique was much easier for me - managed it in 10 minutes on 3rd attempt. Just set up a 2 lap Quick Match on daytona oval, let all the other racers finish then get both player one and player 2 cars about 3/4 way around the track on lap 2. You cant just park Player One by the finish line though because the system seems to continue re-spawning it in motion, so you need to time it right.

Accelerate Player One gently towards the finish line, then quickly grab Player 2 and boost into Player One just before the finish line.

You will find it easier using 2 laps so that Player 2 can get a slingshot boost by going through the pit lane.

just followed your method exactly and got it on the second try. thanks!

• 2 months later...

I've tried all methods mentioned but nothing works!!!

The one when I do donuts when I'm almost wrecked at the finish line the cpu cars drive so slow that they cant wreck me.

I've tried slamming into the wall but that doesn't help either.

I've tried the 2 controller method, but whenever player 2 slams into player 1 with slingshot at the finish line, player 1 never wrecks! It just gets to the point where it flashes orange but it never wrecks!!

Arghh! This is getting on my nerves. I've tried all day with no luck and I don't know how to get it :mad::mad: