Rate the trophy difficulty...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.54

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

After platinuming this game, I'm rating this a 4 because of the cheap AI and time trials.

The AI likes to bump into your car and it somehow finds a way to catch up to you which makes it rough to achieve the primary objective especially on the Legend Tier races.

Plus, the time trials are no cakewalk because there are a few time trial events that require you to use your boost wisely at certain times and I barely beat the score needed to attain gold on a few events.

Overall, NASCAR is platinumable within 1-2 days since most of the other trophies are attainable while playing the game naturally. If you're good at racing games, then this is an easy plat but if not, then this game can be anger inducing.

• 2 weeks later...
Rated it at a 2. game was ridiculously easy to plat especially if you are decent at racing games.. I can agree the ai and time trials can be annoying at times but at no time did I find it very difficult. I had some fun with it though was a pretty decent rental and only took 2 gaming sessions to get to 100%.

Agreed!:applause: It's a quick plat. Took me about 14 hours of intermittent gameplay to plat/100%. Can't imagine it taking anyone more than a day.

• 3 weeks later...

very easy, I am rating this a 1. I only played for 2 days to get the platinum and I probably could have done it in one but it was late at night and my 6 year old is my 2nd player on racing games, Very glad it was a rental :dance:

Edited by craigsps3

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 5.

The last event in championship mode on Legend was a pain. You have to come in 1st place and the track has this annoying jump right before the finish line, and you'll crash after attempting this jump almost every single time; especially on the final lap! I came in 2nd place so many times, when I should have came in 1st easily, so that was definitely testing.

The time trial wasn't too bad, expect for the Martian's Speedway Mountain Pass track. That one alone was a huge pain!

2 other trophies got on my nerves, crashing across the finish line and boosting for 12+ seconds.

The crashing across the finish line trophy is pretty much luck based and it will come eventually, but still...

Now that boosting for 12+ seconds was the last trophy I had to get. It was supposed to come naturally from playing the time trials, but it didn't. I was finally able to get by playing the time trials some more and finally got it on the track with a long straightway and 2 jumps, still was tricky to pull off.

Overall, a quick platinum, but it was frustrating at times, don't say you weren't warned! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2/10

Only "hard" part is the last race which will take some try's.

All the time trials are easy aslong you keep an eye on the map where and what the corners are, and remember where the checkpoint are. It didnt take me more than 2 tries each

For player with not much race experience it probably would be a 4/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Overall I give it 3 out of 10 Plat Difficulty.

85% of trophies are really easy, but 'It Still Counts' is tricky to pull off, and 3 of the time trial golds were challenging.

The hardest time trial gold took me about 15 attempts, so no walk in the park, but very acheivable with a bit of practise.

Really enjoyed playing this game though.

I voted 3, but probably closer to a 2.5 for me. My 9-year old son got this game as a Christmas present. Without trying too hard, I got the Platinum, followed by my 13-year old son and then my 9-year old son. NASCAR Unleashed was their first Platinum experience - so great "starter" game for your kids.

A couple of the time trails were a PITA for me, which is the only reason that I went with a 3, but once I figured out a pattern to blast and slide through them, it was fairly straight forward.

• 1 month later...

3 - same reasons most have stated - cheap AI, time trials and the last part of the championship series. However, nothing takes too long to repeat and try again so in all honesty is was not that bad but it can be a bit frustrating at times. Fairly fun game but for sure a rental if all you are after is the plat.

I went with a 2. Nothing overly difficult. Most of the trophies take little to no talent. The last few take some patience as there is some really cheap/awful AI, but you can get through it with saving your boosts for the right moment.

The time trials I found were really easy. Jut knowing where and when to hit your boosts and making sure to keep it as long as possible make the difference with that.