Does NTG:IL forget setups mid-race?

I just started this game and have been playing through career on medium to begin and get a feel. I've played through to Kansas, played a bunch of single races, split-screen, some online, and even challenges. So I feel like I have gotten a decent feel for it. The problem is a situation where I get a really good setup going where I can get a good line going, slowly get out front, and start pulling away during the race. I try to get the car to handle smoothly so if I run a good line, I can eventually hit the point in the corner where I can just go back on the gas slowly to full coming out of the corner with real speed nice and tight.

I've had issues where I am running long into a race and doing well, nobody in my way, not hitting walls, no wrecks, and still running smooth even with tires wearing out, but then the AI will have a wreck somewhere on the track (without me). I figure I'll get fresh tires, and pick up where I left off after the caution, except that all of a sudden the car feels like crap (default setup or something), whether or not I pit, or even restart the race. I have to back out, re-apply the setup, and then restart to get the car to drive like it was. It just seems like if a caution comes out or any issues occur at all, the game seems to ruin my car setup and I can't even hold my position without losing it in the corner.

Anyone else more knowledgeable understand what is going on here with the game? I don't really want to try Hard or Champion until I work out some of these issues.

I'm not sure if you figured it out, yet BUT (I'm talking about custom setups, not sure if it does this with default setups) make sure to write down your trackbar and wedge settings before jumping in the race, or keep them in your head because at alot of tracks when you enter the pits for the first time it re-sets your trackbar and wedge (or simply changes them) and alot of times your hanging on to your car and falling backwards on the track once it gets re-started.

I noticed this bug and was getting upset from keeping up with the computer cars to falling back like a rock after a pitstop. I started to look at my setup before starting the race and writting down my trackbar and wedge settings, start the race and once you make your first pitstop edit the trackbar and wedge settings closer to the number your setup settings said when you started. I've not had any problems since doing this BUT before it would change my wedge from 50.3 to something like 46.5 and it was un-drivable on the second run.

Edited by eXcElLeNt29