Rate the trophy difficulty...  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• 1 month later...

Diehard NASCAR fan but born, growth and live in France :cool:. I have imported this game like NTG 2011, happy with it most of times (lots of things can be improved, like online).

Just got the platinum, I gave it a 8/10 for 3 things :

1) Win the sprint cup on champion difficulty

Unless you do the trick for fuel consumption races (5% races, Tyre Wear and fuel @ x4 and no cautions), It's practically impossible to win it in a regular way. :wall:

2) Highlights Challenge

The Ragan one and particulary the Stewart one (@ Homestead 2011) are pain in the ass.

=> For the Stewart one, I found an original outcome to win it. :D

Just go backwards and do a big one. After that, just go again in the right way. The IA is so stupid and will wreck again and again. There were cars all the way and that's the way. You could beat it in 2 or 3 tries.

I finished 20th and passed this challenge (tested and approved on 1.01). :whistle:

3) Hustler - Pass 5 cars in the last lap

Without a boosting session with 6 people, this trophy is nearly impossible to do it in a regular way because :

* Online game is a failure like NTG:11 (tested with 1.01), sometimes, you are 10 in a lobby, the races is about to load and 6 people got booted off and you'll be racing with only 4 guys.

* Even if you have 6 guys to start with, constant GWC (@ 'dega and Daytona) can booted off some people when the race will restart.

* Last but not least, the probability to have 6 people, on the last lap, and they wreck all together, and give you the victory on a plate is close to 0.

So, you need to find 6 people and organize a boost trophy session with settings like :

2% races, no cautions, no tyre wear (etc etc). I (We) have done this @ Daytona Night.

But remember there's a probability that random people can enter the room and not doing this trophy. In my case, a 7th guy enters the room and we told them what we're doing. He sent a P.M to one of my mates with a mic and saying that he wanted to do it too. We bursted into laugh.

He helped us to do it before and we helped him after (luckiest guy on earth lol).

So, if you struggling with people who randomly goes into the boosting session and don't want to cooperate. Just choose a track that people rarely choose (like Kansas, Kentucky)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got the platinum, gave it an 8. The only trophy I had trouble with was "Hustler", took me about a week to finally get it thanks to a boosting session I set up. As far as "The King" goes, it wasn't bad at all...got it done fairly easy with the fuel mileage strategy. Great game for the most part.

• 1 year later...