20 rival wins Glitch

stedaman

Hi there

This game has become rather annoying and I seem to have glitched.

I followed the guide and did the races in private, with a boosing partner and fortunately for him it popped. I however have not had such luck. I have also won all the races for every track against a rival and definatly had more than 20 rival wins where my boosting partner didnt leave the room.

However, I think here is where the problem lies..my driving credentials card wasn't updating and it remained stuck on 3 races 3 wins. I've deleted game data and save file but it was still stuck on 3 races 3 wins. I decided to try quick match races, and suddenly my driving credentials stats started updating again. The only problem is its annoying to play against public players, I beat my rival and he quits before the end or theres too many players and the online messes up.

Can someone confirm that I don't need to come 1st a public race in QM for it to count....I can just beat my rival say if I finish 3rd and he finishes 4th yeh?

I'm going to try with a different guy in a private race, and I will also keep grinding away on QM as thats my only option that can help it seems.

Has anyone else has these problems?

I also just read that the host must be the guy who loses and lets the other win? is this true as I was the host for most of it and I didn't see any mention of this in the ps3trophies guide, only from now looking at the xbox360achievements, if thats true its rather disappointing and please add it to the ps3 one.

EDIT: I also had a confirmation from another booster, the same thing happenend with him and that the guy wanting rival wins shouldn't host.

Edited by stedaman

• 1 month later...

Another update;

I still cannot get the race rivarly trophy to pop. I think the patch has now disabled the ability to earn this in private matches (correct me if i'm wrong).

As soon as I discovered that hosting the games and winning wouldn't count they patched the game and I could'nt do the 20 wins with someone else hosting which definatly worked.

I'm pretty gutted atm. I think my only solution will be beating rivals in quick match games, but thats pretty irritating as you just get rammed off or your race rival is 200 wins with a steering wheel.

Trophy has finally popped; :dance:

Basically;

- As far as i'm aware since the trophy patch its not achieveable in private (I tryed over 20 with no luck, without being the host).

- I played via Quick Racing and managed to beat rivals, with my best tracks being Talladega and Daytona, these are full acceleration with no braking all the way around the track and only require good lines and your ability to draft other opponents to overtake them.

- The last race I beat a rival on, he quit before the end and I didnt receive any XP for a rival win at the stats page but I still got the trophy so I'm going to say that a rival quitting out shouldn't effect the trophy.

I hope this helps someone.

Please private message me if your 100% sure I've said something incorrect.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...