The Phoenix Gauntlet

I was having troubles with the Phoenix one to. I finally got it after a bunch of tries, sore ass fingers and causes the wife and kids to vacate the living room for some time. All I can tell you on it is.... Turns 1 and 2 tap the brakes a little coming in and then you can keep the hammer down threw the dog leg and 3 and 4 you have to ease in and stick to the bottom then hammer the throttle off the turn. I have done all the racing in this game without touching anything on set-ups.

the infineon one took A LOT of reps to get. i used the rookie assists with one adjustment on the regular set-up, i adjusted the top speed/accerating. i moved in more towards the acceralting, i think around 20 or 22. that one you have to have patience on. the phoenix gauntlet took some time too, mainly because if you take a corner badly and theres an AI behind you, they'll wreck you in most causes. you don't need to win either of the segments, just finish as high as you can in each.

i just did it by going backwards and hitting everyone on the frontstrech, causing them to get into a huge pile-up that blocks the track. i then go forward and go through pit road. If you go in after the cone (near the yellow things) you can drive through pit road under your own power and go through faster. becareful though, some of the cars will flip over the pitwall

this can be hard to get the same wreck two races in a row, good luck

i got 8th and 15th on the phoenix one....the hard one for me was the Pocono one where i had to catch Tony Stewart....i ended up just saying fuck it and cut the corner and t-boned him then waited till he got going and drafted him!

I agree... the Pocono one was the one that I had to hit restart the most.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Im stuck!... I cant draft some of the drivers, in the invitational events :/ Atlanta, Daytona and Pocono is the three drafting events that is almost impossible to do for me. Any tips or advises??

If your having trouble let them get to the tail end of your lap (So your almost down a lap) Then one by one let them pass and you duck in behind them to catch their draft for a few seconds and grab the coin.